Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Picked up some 460 valve covers. Very fancy metallic grey with blue script. $75 with an air cleaner thrown in for good measure.

The guy also has a chrome bumper for $100 so I will grab that too!

Nice! And the bumper for $100 is a good buy. :nabble_smiley_good:

Nice! And the bumper for $100 is a good buy. :nabble_smiley_good:

The bumper has the 2… bumpers on it..

Not seen it yet, going to pick it up at the weekend.

I have next week a vacation and intend on catching up on some Bullnose work!

Picked up some 460 valve covers. Very fancy metallic grey with blue script. $75 with an air cleaner thrown in for good measure.

The guy also has a chrome bumper for $100 so I will grab that too!

Another nice find!

Another nice find!

Here is the view of the rain from my garage today. I’m on vacation and it is forecasted to rain for days and days lol. Anyway, I took care of a long maintenance list on the ‘84 today:

1. Oil and filter change.

2. Grease front end and u-joints.

3. Rotate tires

4. Adjust drum brakes

5. Check and top up all fluids.

6. Clean and shop vac radiator fins

7. Tightened up v-belts.

The front end is tight as a drum, and everything is working well. Front tires are just starting to cup a bit on the outsides, but they were way overdue for a rotation…bad on me. I should have done them back in the fall. The truck has just over 75,000 kms now, and I bought it with 57,000 on it. Hopefully get to take in some more shows with it this summer.

D7666E76-B2E7-455B-B293-9B3F89EFCED6.jpeg.a5b22a58a43d3ec256adbe06e9042826.jpeg

Here is the view of the rain from my garage today. I’m on vacation and it is forecasted to rain for days and days lol. Anyway, I took care of a long maintenance list on the ‘84 today:

1. Oil and filter change.

2. Grease front end and u-joints.

3. Rotate tires

4. Adjust drum brakes

5. Check and top up all fluids.

6. Clean and shop vac radiator fins

7. Tightened up v-belts.

The front end is tight as a drum, and everything is working well. Front tires are just starting to cup a bit on the outsides, but they were way overdue for a rotation…bad on me. I should have done them back in the fall. The truck has just over 75,000 kms now, and I bought it with 57,000 on it. Hopefully get to take in some more shows with it this summer.

Well done, Cory! I need to have a similar day, or days in my case, to get BB ready for his trip in Sept.

As for the rain, we've had several year's worth over the last few days. :nabble_smiley_cry: In fact, it was supposed to be completely dry today but there was a down pour out of nowhere. I hope you don't get that much.

Well done, Cory! I need to have a similar day, or days in my case, to get BB ready for his trip in Sept.

As for the rain, we've had several year's worth over the last few days. :nabble_smiley_cry: In fact, it was supposed to be completely dry today but there was a down pour out of nowhere. I hope you don't get that much.

It's raining here as well, with a chance of a Tropical Storm come Tuesday. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I've got a laundry list on my daily as well including replacing the rack and pinion and tie-rods, replacing the timing set and water pump plus all new gaskets, upper and lower radiator hoses, and u-joints. I took two weeks off of work starting the 21st of this month, so I should have plenty of time to get her back together between the scattered thunderstorms we have every day now. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

It's raining here as well, with a chance of a Tropical Storm come Tuesday. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

I've got a laundry list on my daily as well including replacing the rack and pinion and tie-rods, replacing the timing set and water pump plus all new gaskets, upper and lower radiator hoses, and u-joints. I took two weeks off of work starting the 21st of this month, so I should have plenty of time to get her back together between the scattered thunderstorms we have every day now. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

Well, we’re as dry as can be. Fires popping up around us. Smoke was bad yesterday, a little better earlier, looking like it’s getting bad again.

Not getting anything done on the vehicles. Mowed the yard yesterday and ended up coughing and hacking at days end.

Maybe next week. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Well, we’re as dry as can be. Fires popping up around us. Smoke was bad yesterday, a little better earlier, looking like it’s getting bad again.

Not getting anything done on the vehicles. Mowed the yard yesterday and ended up coughing and hacking at days end.

Maybe next week. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Pretty crappy here too. The heat is unreal, it is so dry if I click my fingers a fire will start. This pic is 2 nights ago as the flash storm rolled through. 123 lightning strikes in the detection zone of my weather station. The storm ran right to left, so south to north. This is on the south side of Bend Oregon for those wondering.

5B108624-3A9D-4A40-AA30-E8F4FAE236D7.jpeg.c7ed535bd9749f3e02de2f9c84088e84.jpeg

Pretty crappy here too. The heat is unreal, it is so dry if I click my fingers a fire will start. This pic is 2 nights ago as the flash storm rolled through. 123 lightning strikes in the detection zone of my weather station. The storm ran right to left, so south to north. This is on the south side of Bend Oregon for those wondering.

Where I'm at we've been pretty lucky weather wise as the dry spells have not been too bad for too long. It has been a some what wet and cool spring that has slowed the farmers down some as well as my garden but things have improved on that front. August and September does get quite humid at times but not as bad as some parts of this country has to deal with.