Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Guten abend, Jochen. Good to hear from you. :nabble_anim_handshake:Your wheel arches look perfect. Well done! But tell us more about the wider fenders? Would these be something like these fender flares from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard?
Very similar Gary. I ordered these flexy flares from LMC with the patch panels

image0.png.c410d3cae1ab32d5e6386bded6e1005f.png

Viele GrüßeJochen

0157 7407 5503

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its a chore trying to protect your truck from damage because other people are ignorant.

My truck is parked behind my 78 Mercury and my 56 Ford length wise along one side of the driveway at the street to deter attempted thefts. Truck is fully parked on the driveway along the curb but not in the street.

For the past 6 months ive been fighting with the builders nextdoor that is parking in the gutter against the curb next to my truck blocking my driveway partially. I told them I dont mind time to time if there is no room if they have to but stressed I dont want it to be a every day thing as it puts my truck at risk of damage as well as being illegal to block my driveway. Well the builders left and now its the interior guys and they were given the same speech and yet every day they park next to my truck blocking the driveway. I am at the point of calling the cops on them over this to tell them to stop cause they obviously are not listening to me.

Next step if they dont heed the cop telling them to stop would be to call up some of my wrecker buddies from work and have them tow it off and impound it. Which I prefer not to do but they are starting to leave me no choice and I am afraid they are going to open their back door into the side of my truck. They already chipped my headlight edging the grass throwing rocks/nails and such at my truck so that already has me upset at the total lack of care of my property while doing their "job"

On our trucks with 302s is the timing pointer a B or C tab? Im looking at dampers and TCI has a chart listing B or C tab for passengerside timing pointers with B being at 11 o'clock and C being at 10 o'clock. With it being so close together I am second guessing myself as I want to say 11 o'clock but im not sure.

Still not sure what balancer I will be going with I am looking at a few different ones but leaning towards the Fluidampr but I need to verify the timing pointer position so I can narrow down my selection to a balancer that will work with the NOS timing pointer I got.

On our trucks with 302s is the timing pointer a B or C tab? Im looking at dampers and TCI has a chart listing B or C tab for passengerside timing pointers with B being at 11 o'clock and C being at 10 o'clock. With it being so close together I am second guessing myself as I want to say 11 o'clock but im not sure.

Still not sure what balancer I will be going with I am looking at a few different ones but leaning towards the Fluidampr but I need to verify the timing pointer position so I can narrow down my selection to a balancer that will work with the NOS timing pointer I got.

Door seal set for Elyza finally shipped! I am waiting for them ti arrive before i strip the inside.

Well looks like I am partially back on track. Engine builder emailed me today to let me know my short block is having the finishing touches put on it and he wanted to verify that I still didnt want the short block painted and if I wanted a oil pump installed at a small charge. Told him that I would appreciate it if it wasnt painted so I can just paint the engine assembly once assembled at once. Also told him I have a brand new melling oil pump and pickup tube for my build with the rest of the parts. Didnt tell him how ever the Melling pump I have is the standard volume high pressure pump.

Reading I did I found out the standard volume/pressure melling oil pump only has a 60 psi bypass spring so anything over 60 psi will bypass back into the oil pan. This also means you could never use the factory oil pressure spec which is 65 psi hot @ 2,500 rpm. The 60 psi bypass spring would prevent 65 psi ever being formed. The standard volume high pressure melling oil pump uses the high volume bypass spring rated at 80 psi is what the guy I talked with via Melling tech support. Im sure if I got it from him the oil pump would be the same melling standard volume junk as my current engine where the oil pressure gauge never reaches the middle it stays between the NOR in normal. While the OE pump in my original 351W nearly pegs the OE 80 PSI oil pressure gauge with 10w30 oil. I know the oil pressure would be fine but it bothers me when oil pressure is on the low side. It bothers me when on my gm V6 that slowly drops to 10 psi at 600 rpm idle once fully heated up. I think thats the oil filter I got how ever, its ac delco but its a bit different than the one I had last which had me keep 20 psi as the lowest at idle and around 45 to 50 going down the road.

Well looks like I am partially back on track. Engine builder emailed me today to let me know my short block is having the finishing touches put on it and he wanted to verify that I still didnt want the short block painted and if I wanted a oil pump installed at a small charge. Told him that I would appreciate it if it wasnt painted so I can just paint the engine assembly once assembled at once. Also told him I have a brand new melling oil pump and pickup tube for my build with the rest of the parts. Didnt tell him how ever the Melling pump I have is the standard volume high pressure pump.

Reading I did I found out the standard volume/pressure melling oil pump only has a 60 psi bypass spring so anything over 60 psi will bypass back into the oil pan. This also means you could never use the factory oil pressure spec which is 65 psi hot @ 2,500 rpm. The 60 psi bypass spring would prevent 65 psi ever being formed. The standard volume high pressure melling oil pump uses the high volume bypass spring rated at 80 psi is what the guy I talked with via Melling tech support. Im sure if I got it from him the oil pump would be the same melling standard volume junk as my current engine where the oil pressure gauge never reaches the middle it stays between the NOR in normal. While the OE pump in my original 351W nearly pegs the OE 80 PSI oil pressure gauge with 10w30 oil. I know the oil pressure would be fine but it bothers me when oil pressure is on the low side. It bothers me when on my gm V6 that slowly drops to 10 psi at 600 rpm idle once fully heated up. I think thats the oil filter I got how ever, its ac delco but its a bit different than the one I had last which had me keep 20 psi as the lowest at idle and around 45 to 50 going down the road.

Good news on the engine. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for oil pressure, my understanding is that it isn't the pressure of the oil but the presence of oil that provides the lubrication. In other words, you just need enough pressure to ensure oil is at all of the bearings & lifters.

But, like you, I like to see "good" oil pressure when my engine is warm. Down around 10 psi at idle makes me nervous. So I understand your plan.

Good news on the engine. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for oil pressure, my understanding is that it isn't the pressure of the oil but the presence of oil that provides the lubrication. In other words, you just need enough pressure to ensure oil is at all of the bearings & lifters.

But, like you, I like to see "good" oil pressure when my engine is warm. Down around 10 psi at idle makes me nervous. So I understand your plan.

Correct, and like wise you also dont want your bypass to be so low that you end up bypassing majority of your oil back into the pan. That just makes me feel like the bypass spring will get worn out in that case vs a higher pressure set that you probably wont hit.

I just hope I have no hidden issues though. If there are any I hope pressure testing the oil system before final assembly will be enough to find said issues before I install the engine.

• 2 weeks later...
Its a chore trying to protect your truck from damage because other people are ignorant.My truck is parked behind my 78 Mercury and my 56 Ford length wise along one side of the driveway at the street to deter attempted thefts. Truck is fully parked on the driveway along the curb but not in the street.For the past 6 months ive been fighting with the builders nextdoor that is parking in the gutter against the curb next to my truck blocking my driveway partially. I told them I dont mind time to time if there is no room if they have to but stressed I dont want it to be a every day thing as it puts my truck at risk of damage as well as being illegal to block my driveway. Well the builders left and now its the interior guys and they were given the same speech and yet every day they park next to my truck blocking the driveway. I am at the point of calling the cops on them over this to tell them to stop cause they obviously are not listening to me.Next step if they dont heed the cop telling them to stop would be to call up some of my wrecker buddies from work and have them tow it off and impound it. Which I prefer not to do but they are starting to leave me no choice and I am afraid they are going to open their back door into the side of my truck. They already chipped my headlight edging the grass throwing rocks/nails and such at my truck so that already has me upset at the total lack of care of my property while doing their "job"
Hallo Männer,

Finished my project wheel arches refurbishment today. I like the result very much, especially those new fenders look real good for me. And they will hopefully stop them front wheels to splash my sides with dirt.

Best wishes from Germany

Viele Grüße

Jochen

image0.jpeg.f62f996903356be38f801c2759ab37bc.jpeg

image1.jpeg.0d30ddf37222783ac9e17f2b445354a6.jpeg

> And the project end beer

Well done, Jochen! :nabble_anim_claps:

Let's get those pics on here:

Well, a little something followed me home from work today. I couldn't help myself, it was right down the street from where I work, and at a great price. Parts for these trucks are getting hard to find, and prices are going up, so when the chance to buy spare parts comes, you gotta take it. I am now the proud owner of two T19 4x4 (gas ratio) transmissions, both with less than 150k. :nabble_smiley_good:

DSCN2328.jpg.f4daeda98c98f7c8a7ead357c507d990.jpg