Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Jim, Thanks for the updates on your gauge "adventure", I'm sure all of us will benefit from your journey.

Gary, FWIW, it was a balmy 70 deg today in sunny SC, I really feel for all the folks in the cold, and misery.

Didn't get a lot done today, new front wheel bearing yesterday, cleaned up my mess from yesterday, couple other honeydos, got my second Covis vac this morning....All is well, Blessings to all.

Bill

Jim - Sorry to see you are having so many problems. Did this just happen suddenly? Did Huck's gauges never work right?

Bill - We had the 70's yesterday, which prompted me to wash and wax Big Blue. But today a front came in and the temp was only in the 50's, which when coupled with the breeze wasn't conducive to playing with water. But in comparison to what others have had it was very pleasant.

And I'm glad you got the 2nd shot. I had Moderna and the 2nd shot gave me some aches and pains for a few days, but nothing to worry about. They say that lets you know it is working.

Jim - Sorry to see you are having so many problems. Did this just happen suddenly? Did Huck's gauges never work right?

Bill - We had the 70's yesterday, which prompted me to wash and wax Big Blue. But today a front came in and the temp was only in the 50's, which when coupled with the breeze wasn't conducive to playing with water. But in comparison to what others have had it was very pleasant.

And I'm glad you got the 2nd shot. I had Moderna and the 2nd shot gave me some aches and pains for a few days, but nothing to worry about. They say that lets you know it is working.

So happy to hear you are all getting your vaccines! Stay safe out there.

I only used Huck's flex circuit.

My lens was in better shape so I just scraped and painted my needles and swapped the instruments over to that back case (the white plastic part)

I still can't figure it out.

Everything was working fine.

All the connections are bright and shiny.

(Remember these are not thermal gauges)

I'd found some odd readings to ground, but all the LED lamps were fine. (I added ground jumpers from A & B.)

You'd think the oil pressure gauge would fail too.

But nooooo.

I only used Huck's flex circuit.

My lens was in better shape so I just scraped and painted my needles and swapped the instruments over to that back case (the white plastic part)

I still can't figure it out.

Everything was working fine.

All the connections are bright and shiny.

(Remember these are not thermal gauges)

I'd found some odd readings to ground, but all the LED lamps were fine. (I added ground jumpers from A & B.)

You'd think the oil pressure gauge would fail too.

But nooooo.

Jim, What is the voltage on the feed from the ignition switch? Seems I read that 6.5V was the norm/proper volts at the plug, this is a resistor wire. Tis a swamp in there.

Bill

Another FWIW...Temp, BP is normal so far, so good, been taking Tylenol as directed on bottle, as per my Dr.

PLEASE!!! talk to a Dr. before taking anything.

Jim, What is the voltage on the feed from the ignition switch? Seems I read that 6.5V was the norm/proper volts at the plug, this is a resistor wire. Tis a swamp in there.

Bill

Another FWIW...Temp, BP is normal so far, so good, been taking Tylenol as directed on bottle, as per my Dr.

PLEASE!!! talk to a Dr. before taking anything.

Bill, I have a Bricknose.

It doesn't have a resistor wire or an ICVR.

Like I said above, it doesn't use thermal gauges.

Bill, I have a Bricknose.

It doesn't have a resistor wire or an ICVR.

Like I said above, it doesn't use thermal gauges.

Jim - Strange! I don't know what to suggest. Good luck.

Bill - You are right on asking the doctor what to take. Mine said not to take ibuprofen as they think it reduces the body's reaction to the vaccine, but they aren't sure. I took Tylenol when I needed it, which wasn't very often.

But glad you are doing well.

Jim - Strange! I don't know what to suggest. Good luck.

Bill - You are right on asking the doctor what to take. Mine said not to take ibuprofen as they think it reduces the body's reaction to the vaccine, but they aren't sure. I took Tylenol when I needed it, which wasn't very often.

But glad you are doing well.

RR_Wrecked_January_2021.jpg.c633cf078b355e8726171592853c969d.jpg

No need to go into what I did, but last month I dinged up the RR quarter.

Day before yesterday got it back from my dad's body shop - good as new.

RR_Repair_1.jpg.5e354f7abf8f71490c14ce31a04e2184.jpg