Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Ty - It is looking GOOD! It is amazing how much better they drive with all new suspension. And I see a Bilstein shock under there. Do you like them?

Yes, they were a very nice change from the worn out shocks I removed. There weren't even labels on them, so I have no idea what brand. I've been chasing a rattle on the passenger side when going over washboard type bumps in the road. Thought I found it with the ball joints, since the passenger front tire lower joint was extremely loose and I could wiggle the tire by hand...but that wasn't it. Or the battery tray, or the bumper, or the spring/bearings, calipers, radius arm bushings. :nabble_anim_confused:

Axle pivot bushings looked new when I was under the truck. They were replaced about 3 years ago.

Maybe brake lines rattling along with wiring harness bouncing off the fender liner.

Ty - It is looking GOOD! It is amazing how much better they drive with all new suspension. And I see a Bilstein shock under there. Do you like them?

Yes, they were a very nice change from the worn out shocks I removed. There weren't even labels on them, so I have no idea what brand. I've been chasing a rattle on the passenger side when going over washboard type bumps in the road. Thought I found it with the ball joints, since the passenger front tire lower joint was extremely loose and I could wiggle the tire by hand...but that wasn't it. Or the battery tray, or the bumper, or the spring/bearings, calipers, radius arm bushings. :nabble_anim_confused:

Axle pivot bushings looked new when I was under the truck. They were replaced about 3 years ago.

Maybe brake lines rattling along with wiring harness bouncing off the fender liner.

Wow! You've covered all of the things I was going to suggest. Like wheel bearings and radius arm bushings. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Wow! You've covered all of the things I was going to suggest. Like wheel bearings and radius arm bushings. :nabble_thinking-26_orig:

Eunice got dropped off this morning for the following gaskets to be replaced:

Intake Manifold

Water pump

Timing cover.

I asked them to do a leak down test, but not sure they remembered to add that to the work order...

Also getting an estimate on reupholstering the bench seat.

They said it should take a couple of days, so maybe I will have her back for the weekend dump run!

Eunice got dropped off this morning for the following gaskets to be replaced:

Intake Manifold

Water pump

Timing cover.

I asked them to do a leak down test, but not sure they remembered to add that to the work order...

Also getting an estimate on reupholstering the bench seat.

They said it should take a couple of days, so maybe I will have her back for the weekend dump run!

Does Eunice have a straight-up timing set, being EFI?

If I were paying to have an engine torn down that far I would definitely spring for the $50 dual true roller set.

It's like installing a new clutch and not changing the throwout bearing.

Does Eunice have a straight-up timing set, being EFI?

If I were paying to have an engine torn down that far I would definitely spring for the $50 dual true roller set.

It's like installing a new clutch and not changing the throwout bearing.

I don’t know! Now you have been all worried...

I don’t know! Now you have been all worried...

IDK how many miles are on that engine, but I wouldn't put it back together without a new straight up double roller timing set.

https://www.cloyes.com/part-finder-single/?partno=9-1138&searchkey_partno=9-1138&part_type=Engine%20Timing%20Set&pl=Stock%20Replacement&lookup=partno

Only $48 @ Summit

It's got to be a 4-5 hour job to R&R the water pump, timing case and intake, no?

(I've never done a truck EFI 5.0, only EFI Mustangs)

IDK how many miles are on that engine, but I wouldn't put it back together without a new straight up double roller timing set.

https://www.cloyes.com/part-finder-single/?partno=9-1138&searchkey_partno=9-1138&part_type=Engine%20Timing%20Set&pl=Stock%20Replacement&lookup=partno

Only $48 @ Summit

It's got to be a 4-5 hour job to R&R the water pump, timing case and intake, no?

(I've never done a truck EFI 5.0, only EFI Mustangs)

Ditto on replacing chain set while you're there, only cost a nickle more V teardown labor later on.

MOOG CC822 coils and upper/lower ball joints.

Front brake rotors/pads.

Raised the front up just a bit to better match the fresh leafs in the back. I expect they'll settle in some more with time.

A ball joint press and impact wrench are a must. Unless you have a floor hydraulic press...

Drives like new!

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87206/PXL_20210130_015914396.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87206/PXL_20210131_005355177.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n87206/PXL_20210131_161948345.jpg

Springs will settle some, its why I am going to go with Eaton Detroit Spring for my truck, going to have them make me new leaf springs to spec and new coil springs to spec but I am trying to make a decision as I dont want to run a leveling kit block in the front, I figured having them make the spring 1 1/2" taller should be the same as having a leveling block but even Eaton couldnt tell me if it would make the truck sit level or not. I know my truck sits level now cause the rear leaf springs are worn out from being over loaded. I also know leveling the front will help keep my 31" tire from hitting on the passengerside when I have a passenger riding with me.