Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Oh my gosh John! 😮

Your floor looked so good before.

I can only imagine how rough it was up at the firewall with your head under the dash.

That looks like a ton of work John!

I'm trying to avoid walking through that briar patch. A previous owner bed-lined the floor of my truck, but they sprayed it right over the factory sound deadening, and whatever they used is very thin. I scraped all of the sound deadening out, so now half the floor is bed-lined and the rest is not. :nabble_smiley_argh:

That looks like a ton of work John!

I'm trying to avoid walking through that briar patch. A previous owner bed-lined the floor of my truck, but they sprayed it right over the factory sound deadening, and whatever they used is very thin. I scraped all of the sound deadening out, so now half the floor is bed-lined and the rest is not. :nabble_smiley_argh:

I think I'd use stripper and a scrub brush on something with as many valleys and nooks as a truck floor long before I went through 50 Roloc discs and a few wire brushes on the grinder. :nabble_smiley_argh:

But John has got it done! And I look forward to seeing how the lizard skin turns out. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I think I'd use stripper and a scrub brush on something with as many valleys and nooks as a truck floor long before I went through 50 Roloc discs and a few wire brushes on the grinder. :nabble_smiley_argh:But John has got it done! And I look forward to seeing how the lizard skin turns out. :nabble_smiley_cool:
Wow, that was

Wow, that was

Today I did a little "body work" on my passenger door to block the primer and get a coat of paint over it before it soaks up salt.I also dug into my cluster.Swapping Huck's back shell and flex circuit for mine.I repainted my needles the right way, sanding the faded paint off the back side.I couldn't use the dried out HiPo paint but got a small bottle of Testors at Michaels.IMG_20210110_191254.jpg.b77b988ce92501a6ed822b79a2a6f3b4.jpgI also modified the circuit, removing the 20 ohm resistor and installing a jumper.You can see the difference from an '87 board.IMG_20210110_143650.thumb.jpg.dc96fecff2888199febd02af862a17ab.jpgIMG_20210110_143646.thumb.jpg.056faf1ee1d3a25b85d56c429a064fd0.jpgIMG_20210110_144005.thumb.jpg.a54318bc4511c5df9d24d7ddecc4b272.jpgIMG_20210110_183612.thumb.jpg.0381813b5d61659d42a2f647b1977f18.jpg

Today I did a little "body work" on my passenger door to block the primer and get a coat of paint over it before it soaks up salt.

I also dug into my cluster.

Swapping Huck's back shell and flex circuit for mine.

I repainted my needles the right way, sanding the faded paint off the back side.

I couldn't use the dried out HiPo paint but got a small bottle of Testors at Michaels.

I also modified the circuit, removing the 20 ohm resistor and installing a jumper.

You can see the difference from an '87 board.

Looks good, Jim. Huck - the truck that keeps on giving. :nabble_smiley_wink: