Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Gary, the blower motor wiring is the one place Ford used the 0.110 pins in a connector (inside) that really needed bigger connectors due to the current draw on high. I have run into more than a few where the plug was partially melted from the heat. At a minimum they need to be new and probably greased to prevent corrosion.

I really should put a clamp meter on that circuit and see how much the motor is drawing in all speeds.

It is 34 years old, and maybe time for a new one even if it doesn't screech or rattle.

I really should put a clamp meter on that circuit and see how much the motor is drawing in all speeds.

It is 34 years old, and maybe time for a new one even if it doesn't screech or rattle.

I managed to get the rest of the gasket off my Edelbrock without scraping all the ribs off.

IMG_20201225_155801.jpg.7235d39ff2d51f0e28601b2ddd3d50c2.jpg

It took some old school Methylene Chloride paint stripper and a stainless steel tooth brush, but it's done.

Surprisingly, the check ball came right out of the squirters with a magnet once I removed the brass weight.

I don't know... :nabble_anim_confused:

I also pulled my cluster (again!) :nabble_smiley_uh: and used some marine butt splices.

Recalibrated the MeterMatch to one full tank and the other empty.

But it still doesn't seem to work correctly.

It reads way above full now that I've topped off the tanks, and flails wildly with the turn signals.

So I think I need to check the grounds from that black cluster wire.

I had taken a bunch of pictures showing the harness un-taped, with new crimps, and wrapped back up (in white this time)

But they've disappeared from my phone and I'm not paying Google for more storage.

I managed to get the rest of the gasket off my Edelbrock without scraping all the ribs off.

It took some old school Methylene Chloride paint stripper and a stainless steel tooth brush, but it's done.

Surprisingly, the check ball came right out of the squirters with a magnet once I removed the brass weight.

I don't know... :nabble_anim_confused:

I also pulled my cluster (again!) :nabble_smiley_uh: and used some marine butt splices.

Recalibrated the MeterMatch to one full tank and the other empty.

But it still doesn't seem to work correctly.

It reads way above full now that I've topped off the tanks, and flails wildly with the turn signals.

So I think I need to check the grounds from that black cluster wire.

I had taken a bunch of pictures showing the harness un-taped, with new crimps, and wrapped back up (in white this time)

But they've disappeared from my phone and I'm not paying Google for more storage.

The Eddy looks good! Nice job on the cleaning. :nabble_anim_claps: Are you going to put it back on or run the Holley?

And it does sound like you have a ground problem. That would give weird symptoms, and those you are having would seem to fit.

The Eddy looks good! Nice job on the cleaning. :nabble_anim_claps: Are you going to put it back on or run the Holley?

And it does sound like you have a ground problem. That would give weird symptoms, and those you are having would seem to fit.

I think I'm going to enjoy the seemingly endless top end of the Holley for now.

I changed the stator wire over to a female bullet, and the fuel line too.

If the weather cooperates I will dial it in and document it for Mike.

I could swap the 0-80457-S back on for an apples to apples comparison, but that would necessitate re routing my hard fuel line and sacrificing even more top end than the Eddy.

I will look into the EVTM and try to ensure that cluster ground is good.

Maybe I'll run another wire directly to the battery.

I certainly need to check the cab to frame ground. But it is too muddy to crawl around under there.

And, you would think the cab ground I installed with the radio upgrade would have solved any problem there.

Maybe it's just corroded or loose at whatever point it meets the cab.

I think I'm going to enjoy the seemingly endless top end of the Holley for now.

I changed the stator wire over to a female bullet, and the fuel line too.

If the weather cooperates I will dial it in and document it for Mike.

I could swap the 0-80457-S back on for an apples to apples comparison, but that would necessitate re routing my hard fuel line and sacrificing even more top end than the Eddy.

I will look into the EVTM and try to ensure that cluster ground is good.

Maybe I'll run another wire directly to the battery.

I certainly need to check the cab to frame ground. But it is too muddy to crawl around under there.

And, you would think the cab ground I installed with the radio upgrade would have solved any problem there.

Maybe it's just corroded or loose at whatever point it meets the cab.

It'll be interesting to see if the miles to empty change between the Eddy and the Holley. But probably not worth trying the other Holley.

Strange on the ground, but that sure seems like a logical conclusion from the problems you are seeing.

It'll be interesting to see if the miles to empty change between the Eddy and the Holley. But probably not worth trying the other Holley.

Strange on the ground, but that sure seems like a logical conclusion from the problems you are seeing.

Oh, I don't want to think about it!

All the aerodynamics of a brick, and I'm sure my roof rack doesn't help.

But the gauge IS reading, so I'm pretty sure the sender wire is right, now.

Maybe it is just the bad flex circuit???

One other little thing I did was shift my radiator shroud.

I'd noticed the sound of my fan rubbing and that had me concerned the clutch or water pump was going.

Very grateful that it was a simple solution.

I'd noticed the sound of my fan rubbing and that had me concerned the clutch or water pump was going.

You may not have to think about it any more if the gauge is working. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Glad the rubbing was just the placement of the shroud. Nice, easy fix. :nabble_smiley_good:

You may not have to think about it any more if the gauge is working. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Glad the rubbing was just the placement of the shroud. Nice, easy fix. :nabble_smiley_good:

But the gauge doesn't really seem to be behaving.

I checked the grounds from cab to chassis and the new one I installed for the radio/sub.

Both are tight and clean.

I'm about to grab my EVTM and see where the one I tapped into meets the dash substructure.

You fellas keep busy over here.

Progress on the ford is a standstill.

20201228_144602.jpg.519673dc2526eb66f16af57fd4ec71f7.jpg

This is a ujoint on my daily driver. Notice the crack in that cap? I wonder where my highspeed vibrations were coming from. I let a shop press the joints out and gave them a tip for their efforts.

Also putting falken wildpeak at on my wifes truck. I fought my natural urge to go the cheap route and got a quality tire. I spent months researching and Im honestly very excited about testing these out. We got a little snow today so my drive back should be fun.

You fellas keep busy over here.

Progress on the ford is a standstill.

This is a ujoint on my daily driver. Notice the crack in that cap? I wonder where my highspeed vibrations were coming from. I let a shop press the joints out and gave them a tip for their efforts.

Also putting falken wildpeak at on my wifes truck. I fought my natural urge to go the cheap route and got a quality tire. I spent months researching and Im honestly very excited about testing these out. We got a little snow today so my drive back should be fun.

Yep, that would give you a vibe, and it wouldn't be a good one. Glad you got it fixed. :nabble_smiley_wink: