Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

It seems so.

I poked around with a little pen light.

But the last thing I want today is to be in the snow covered in scunge and carb cleaner.

Once I tap the cluster and tape it back up I'll go in the tack room and replace the drives in those starters.

Hopefully I'll find a place to pull my engine and replace the ring gear before it's completely shot (or I chew up these three again)

I can't understand how that much debris got past my filter.

And it's not like my tanks are that old.

Really startling.

I can't understand how that much debris got past my filter.

And it's not like my tanks are that old.

Really startling.

I've got my wiring completed and dash back together!

I disassembled two starters and swapped the throw out clutches assemblies.

Changed the one nosecone bearing but had to torch and Dremel out the one with a bronze bush.

So that one is sitting until the bearing mount fixes the little replacement needle bearing in place.

You can get an idea how horrific this one was, when side by side.

IMG_20201220_160733.thumb.jpg.2b0c2781a1ca1f4da78f88aeab572734.jpg

I've got my wiring completed and dash back together!

I disassembled two starters and swapped the throw out clutches assemblies.

Changed the one nosecone bearing but had to torch and Dremel out the one with a bronze bush.

So that one is sitting until the bearing mount fixes the little replacement needle bearing in place.

You can get an idea how horrific this one was, when side by side.

Yipes! I've never seen a starter gear that bad! :nabble_smiley_oh:

So, does the Meter Match work?

Yipes! I've never seen a starter gear that bad! :nabble_smiley_oh:

So, does the Meter Match work?

You should see the ring gear!

How can I tell, yet?

I set high and low, then moved on to those starters.

I will do the drive 50 miles, set 2/3, go to 100, set 1/3 and then run it to 150 and set empty (again)

It's nice that you can use their preset resistances to program without being X-full or empty.

But obviously each sender has some tolerance and it will be good to fine tune it.

You should see the ring gear!

How can I tell, yet?

I set high and low, then moved on to those starters.

I will do the drive 50 miles, set 2/3, go to 100, set 1/3 and then run it to 150 and set empty (again)

It's nice that you can use their preset resistances to program without being X-full or empty.

But obviously each sender has some tolerance and it will be good to fine tune it.

You can't tell until you drive a while. Hope it works well for you.

Thank you, for inspiring me! :nabble_smiley_good:

Yes, time will tell.

Finally tried some LED bulbs in my truck and Bronco. I never caught the fact that they have polarity.

Thinking I had a bad batch. Then used my brain and it hurt, and turned the bulb around and wow!

Of the six I replaced, the last one was correct on the first try. Sheez!

Finally tried some LED bulbs in my truck and Bronco. I never caught the fact that they have polarity.

Thinking I had a bad batch. Then used my brain and it hurt, and turned the bulb around and wow!

I recommend you stay away from betting. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I recommend you stay away from betting. :nabble_smiley_wink:

As electronic components LED's have one leg longer than the other so you can tell the polarity at a glance.

With the T-10 wedge base bulbs you can find them that are insensitive to which way they are inserted.

I think HiPo sells that style.

Dane, your luck sounds about like mine....lol! That's exactly how it would have gone for me. Actually, you got one out of six. I would have been zero for six. Lucky for me, I bought bulbs where polarity was no issue. And Gary, I'm not a betting man

Jim, I feel for you brother. And here I am gripping because my shop is too small. Least I got a shop that keeps me out of the elements. What's the flywheel on your truck look like?