Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I believe I have found the culprit! Not sure what this is but I am guessing a vent valve for pressure that builds up in the tank?

Also explains why it smells like gas when you walk by the truck.

Thats a vent valve that goes up to your charcoal canister. You can still buy the gasket and valve you just have to look around a little to locate them.

I thought it might be the grommet cracked or turned to poo.

I never considered that the whole thing might be missing! :nabble_smiley_what:

I went out and found a 5/8 reverse flare to 5/16 hose barb fitting so I can mount my 750 while I figure how to fix the AVS.

Early this morning I messed with my flex circuit and got the high indicator working.

I don't know what else I damaged in the process.. but Scotch tape will hold copper foil to a dirty sheet of Mylar .

I went out and found a 5/8 reverse flare to 5/16 hose barb fitting so I can mount my 750 while I figure how to fix the AVS.

Early this morning I messed with my flex circuit and got the high indicator working.

I don't know what else I damaged in the process.. but Scotch tape will hold copper foil to a dirty sheet of Mylar .

Progress is good! :nabble_anim_claps:

Progress is good! :nabble_anim_claps:

Just bought a E3TZ1042052B online and couldnt remember what it was for outside of being for a rear window with sliding glass. Had to go look it up in my parts guide appears to be the gasket for the stationary glass but the gasket photographed is way too small to fit around the stationary glass not to mention its not one piece just a flat piece. I thought it was the gasket that seals the sliding glass to the stationary glass, was the reason why I bought it when I was notified.

Well guess I got something I can use the parts guide states I need 4 of them for the back window. Just have to source 3 more then when I have the back window out I can disassemble it and replace all the weatherstripping with NOS pieces cause no one makes new pieces. That is unless the restoration stores start offering more parts for our trucks.

Have a safe trip, Shaun. Hope all goes well.

Where the heck is it?

Four hours, I'd think you would be heading into the Keys.

You've obviously seen something worth saving!

But man, that rig is toast.

Have a safe trip, Shaun! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks guys! It's more like 3.5 hours but I was expecting traffic. My buddy that was holding it for me lives near Port Charlotte, hence the long drive.

I was mainly after the full-float rear axle w/4.10's and sway bar, as well as the 460 frame perches. The front leaf spring brackets, front sway bar (TTB not Solid Axle), bricknose manual steering column, spare steering gear box, HD rear leaf springs, and other misc parts were just a bonus. :nabble_smiley_good:

Everything else was cut into smaller sections and sent to the scrapyard. Florida Man's truck is no more. It sure was a :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: special, the rear platform supports were galvanized pipe. We had to quit torching them and resort to cutting them with the grinder for obvious reasons. The rest was a mixture of all-thread and rebar. The truck was definitely toast.

Have a safe trip, Shaun. Hope all goes well.

Where the heck is it?

Four hours, I'd think you would be heading into the Keys.

You've obviously seen something worth saving!

But man, that rig is toast.

Have a safe trip, Shaun! :nabble_smiley_wink:

Thanks guys! It's more like 3.5 hours but I was expecting traffic. My buddy that was holding it for me lives near Port Charlotte, hence the long drive.

I was mainly after the full-float rear axle w/4.10's and sway bar, as well as the 460 frame perches. The front leaf spring brackets, front sway bar (TTB not Solid Axle), bricknose manual steering column, spare steering gear box, HD rear leaf springs, and other misc parts were just a bonus. :nabble_smiley_good:

Everything else was cut into smaller sections and sent to the scrapyard. Florida Man's truck is no more. It sure was a :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: special, the rear platform supports were galvanized pipe. We had to quit torching them and resort to cutting them with the grinder for obvious reasons. The rest was a mixture of all-thread and rebar. The truck was definitely toast.

Glad you had a safe and productive trip. :nabble_smiley_good:

:nabble_florida-man-42_orig: sure gets around. Our son and DiL are buying a house there and in the inspection they discovered that he'd put two wires under one screw for a breaker. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Glad you had a safe and productive trip. :nabble_smiley_good:

:nabble_florida-man-42_orig: sure gets around. Our son and DiL are buying a house there and in the inspection they discovered that he'd put two wires under one screw for a breaker. :nabble_smiley_oh:

Houses here are built with such haste that you'll often find many things that are done incorrectly or poorly. How they pass inspection is beyond me, but I suspect it has to do with a buddy system.

For what it's worth, the front frame section of our trucks from the transmission crossmember forward will fit in the back of a Ford Ranger with a 6' bed. Rangers ride MUCH better when they're loaded down.:nabble_smiley_happy:

Screenshot_20201213-212609_Gallery.thumb.jpg.14e3eece52483e22593359c8ab06ce69.jpg

Screenshot_20201213-212600_Gallery.thumb.jpg.00f3c977fa22547d632b98fd866bd999.jpg

Also, managed to break the only key I had to my Ranger while I was down south. Had to have a locksmith come out and cut and program two new keys to my truck. Worst part was that I have no idea when or how it broke. Drove the truck Friday night, went to drive it again Saturday afternoon and the bottom of the key was gone. I don't remember it snagging anything so I'm at a loss for why it broke other than it was old. 🤦‍♂️

Screenshot_20201213-212621_Gallery.thumb.jpg.4d4fad61a0fb856944a38c855136337f.jpg

Houses here are built with such haste that you'll often find many things that are done incorrectly or poorly. How they pass inspection is beyond me, but I suspect it has to do with a buddy system.

For what it's worth, the front frame section of our trucks from the transmission crossmember forward will fit in the back of a Ford Ranger with a 6' bed. Rangers ride MUCH better when they're loaded down.:nabble_smiley_happy:

Also, managed to break the only key I had to my Ranger while I was down south. Had to have a locksmith come out and cut and program two new keys to my truck. Worst part was that I have no idea when or how it broke. Drove the truck Friday night, went to drive it again Saturday afternoon and the bottom of the key was gone. I don't remember it snagging anything so I'm at a loss for why it broke other than it was old. 🤦‍♂️

:nabble_florida-man-42_orig: is like Chicken Man? He's everywhere, he's everywhere!