Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I haven't been exactly pleased in my gas mileage dropping here lately and there has been loss of my smooth idle so did some inspecting today. I was checking my choke and put my hand on top of the carb to steady myself and my smooth as a Singer sewing machine idle returned, a loose carb! The throttle assembly to carb body screws were loose. All five screws took almost one and a quarter turns to tighten. I also replaced the carb base gasket with one that I got from U-haul on Ebay a while back. Hopefully I'll see a big improvement in my gas mileage now.

Glad you found that, Frank. Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

They look good! But I rotated this one in order to see:

Thanks! Not sure why I’m getting rotated pics. They’re not rotated in my viewer. I went back and forth on whether to use the full trim I found on the back of the cab. Ultimately I like the way the paint turned out and don’t want to cover it. No headliner either. I like the red.

Thanks! Not sure why I’m getting rotated pics. They’re not rotated in my viewer. I went back and forth on whether to use the full trim I found on the back of the cab. Ultimately I like the way the paint turned out and don’t want to cover it. No headliner either. I like the red.

Mark, is the paint code on your truck 2E?, Light Canyon Red?

The forum software is not advanced enough to read the metadata encoded in the images.

While the phone or camera IS advanced enough to tell which way is up, what device and settings were used and exactly where you were when the picture was taken, the forum is blind to that.

(Which is not exactly bad, because it amounts to some inkling of privacy from creepers in our surveillance state)

Mark, is the paint code on your truck 2E?, Light Canyon Red?

The forum software is not advanced enough to read the metadata encoded in the images.

While the phone or camera IS advanced enough to tell which way is up, what device and settings were used and exactly where you were when the picture was taken, the forum is blind to that.

(Which is not exactly bad, because it amounts to some inkling of privacy from creepers in our surveillance state)

Mark...Lookin good, Is that a panel,or a bedliner on the floor in the pic that Gary rotated?

FWIW, Mine has all the panels on the sides, and the back under the rear window.

Also, Rustoleum has a plastic formula paint that you may can match close enough to use, not an axact match on my panels, but close enough.

match_3.jpg.bfa261107b63bd750fbff1e2e1a39a93.jpg

Yep, and one way to properly rotate your pics is to open them in an editor app and then save them. The editor usually recognizes the camera's orientation code and rotates it, but if not you can rotate it manually. Then save it, but save it as a file about 500 Kb as anything larger than 1 Mb can't be uploaded to the forum.

Yep, and one way to properly rotate your pics is to open them in an editor app and then save them. The editor usually recognizes the camera's orientation code and rotates it, but if not you can rotate it manually. Then save it, but save it as a file about 500 Kb as anything larger than 1 Mb can't be uploaded to the forum.

In about 30 minutes I will be heading about 4 hours south to get my first in person look at Florida Man's former truck. I'll be parting it out this weekend and then bringing back what I need/want and the rest will be going to the scrapper. :nabble_anim_jump:

120128026_3283023738460390_527775302731913634_n.jpg.0c0b602ed2ba3ab9ba12ca60762bb06f.jpg

In about 30 minutes I will be heading about 4 hours south to get my first in person look at Florida Man's former truck. I'll be parting it out this weekend and then bringing back what I need/want and the rest will be going to the scrapper. :nabble_anim_jump:

Have a safe trip, Shaun. Hope all goes well.