Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

So I came here to say I finally bit the bullet and spent $30 on eBay for the correct headlight and wiper knobs. A small thing, but the ones I had would come off in your hand as the clips were broken...

Unfortunately I saw David post the power mirror eBay link so this visit cost me a lot more! :nabble_anim_crazy:

Hate when that happens.

I came across a used but good condition rosewood A/C instrument cluster bezel on the bay for $70 shipped last week. Didn't need it, but wanted it, so I'll get a good look at it on Friday when it arrives. :nabble_smiley_good:

Re-Posting this as I replied in the wrong place.

Drove the truck to home depot today. About 25 mins each way. First substantial ride.

I started it with the choke locked open . Took a couple tries but then she ran nice.

I will try adjusting the choke tomorrow as you said Gary.

I also installed Oil Pressure/Water Temp/Voltage meters. They work good and look good. Just ordered a brass tee so I can have the idiot oil pressure gauge working also.

Where I saw a drive shaft leak to the x-fer case seems to be barely leaking since I cleaned the area. I also ran a thin feeler gauge around that seal to make sure there was no cr*p in there. I saw a little drip after the ride but hardly anything.

In other news I had had asked about starting in 2nd gear because I read that in my owners manual. That did not work out so well. So I looked at my door sticker and the tranny type was B which I think is the OD transmission? My shift knob is not the original so no OD mark on it.

Last thing today is running the green tach wire from my HEI dizzy to the stock tack in the truck which is not working. Can I just run that wire to the C terminal on the back of the tach? Or is my tach broken and I need to get a standalone gauge?

Today I installed a saddle blanket seat cover also.

IMG_0076.jpg.1b117a87f08864e15ad164fcb48d0a47.jpg

Thanks all!

Re-Posting this as I replied in the wrong place.

Drove the truck to home depot today. About 25 mins each way. First substantial ride.

I started it with the choke locked open . Took a couple tries but then she ran nice.

I will try adjusting the choke tomorrow as you said Gary.

I also installed Oil Pressure/Water Temp/Voltage meters. They work good and look good. Just ordered a brass tee so I can have the idiot oil pressure gauge working also.

Where I saw a drive shaft leak to the x-fer case seems to be barely leaking since I cleaned the area. I also ran a thin feeler gauge around that seal to make sure there was no cr*p in there. I saw a little drip after the ride but hardly anything.

In other news I had had asked about starting in 2nd gear because I read that in my owners manual. That did not work out so well. So I looked at my door sticker and the tranny type was B which I think is the OD transmission? My shift knob is not the original so no OD mark on it.

Last thing today is running the green tach wire from my HEI dizzy to the stock tack in the truck which is not working. Can I just run that wire to the C terminal on the back of the tach? Or is my tach broken and I need to get a standalone gauge?

Today I installed a saddle blanket seat cover also.

Thanks all!

You should be able to run the wire from the tach terminal on the HEI directly to the tach. But you really shouldn't have to run all the way cab. You should black wire with light green dots. It should be connected to the tach.

Seat cover looks good! :nabble_smiley_good:

You should be able to run the wire from the tach terminal on the HEI directly to the tach. But you really shouldn't have to run all the way cab. You should black wire with light green dots. It should be connected to the tach.

:nabble_smiley_good:

This is exactly what I did with mine. I have to say I have had horrible luck with Tachs. I am on my 3rd one. This one is the newer (open back) style and seems to be working good the last few months.

:nabble_smiley_good:

This is exactly what I did with mine. I have to say I have had horrible luck with Tachs. I am on my 3rd one. This one is the newer (open back) style and seems to be working good the last few months.

My attempt at matching the door panels, satin nutmeg is the Rustoleum color that I used for the tan interior on my 83 bull.

Rustoleum plastic friendly paint, I took a small sample that I cut from the backside of the panel to match.

match_1.jpg.f3dca10d3d3017d1b330d1246191b121.jpg

match_3.jpg.23c5ce0b8e5c4c4060dbd094b98b70d4.jpg

match_2.jpg.acac18eb7dce0222098f2dac2c981095.jpg

My attempt at matching the door panels, satin nutmeg is the Rustoleum color that I used for the tan interior on my 83 bull.

Rustoleum plastic friendly paint, I took a small sample that I cut from the backside of the panel to match.

Received my most recent purchase from Ebay. Cost me a whopping $50 for the cluster bezel, which is in good shape other than some wear around the headlight and wiper knobs which should be easily fixed. Gonna dive into the woodgrain repair thread to figure out how to properly clean the bezel up. :nabble_smiley_good:

Screenshot_20201023-175118_Gallery.thumb.jpg.55e8b92b8e57f7141eaeb7b2c3835141.jpg

Screenshot_20201023-175113_Gallery.thumb.jpg.563e8e99c204c8243891e6b82ffb9944.jpg

Received my most recent purchase from Ebay. Cost me a whopping $50 for the cluster bezel, which is in good shape other than some wear around the headlight and wiper knobs which should be easily fixed. Gonna dive into the woodgrain repair thread to figure out how to properly clean the bezel up. :nabble_smiley_good:

Looks good, Shaun. Jonathan's page (Salvaging Rosewood) should help.

If those are before and after pictures of your dash against a door panel, then I'd say you've done a tremendous job of getting the two to blend together! :nabble_anim_claps:

It must be nice to have some continuity in the cab. :nabble_smiley_good:

Well, let me present to you guys my latest acquisition, what was formerly a 1989 F250 HD with a 460 and a ZF5. It is now basically junk thanks to a :nabble_florida-man-42_orig:, but does have some parts I need, hence why I bought it. It has a full-float Sterling, the 460 engine perches, the passenger side frame box section (may not need this, but want it), and the transmission crossmember. There may be other things, but I will figure that out when I tear it apart. :nabble_smiley_good:

Shaun, how's the cowl on your mudbuggy?

George might appreciate a pinhole cowl now that Brutus needs a replacement.

I've seen worse tagged in Florida, back in the day.

Bezel looks sweet!

Good score. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Bezel looks sweet!

Thanks Jim!

I'm honestly not sure, the truck is sitting at my second home three hours south, and so I've only seen pictures of it and heard testimony from my buddy who is storing it until I go down there for the holidays. I'll know more about it's true condition when I tear into it then. Not sure if I'll be bringing anything back other than the parts I need because I promised the rolling chassis and whatever else I don't use to my buddy.

Bezel looks sweet!

Thanks Jim!

I'm honestly not sure, the truck is sitting at my second home three hours south, and so I've only seen pictures of it and heard testimony from my buddy who is storing it until I go down there for the holidays. I'll know more about it's true condition when I tear into it then. Not sure if I'll be bringing anything back other than the parts I need because I promised the rolling chassis and whatever else I don't use to my buddy.

Ah well, he's a good man to be looking after your "prize" for you! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Just happened to be thinking of Brutus, as im catching up on threads.

From the pictures it looked like the cowl might be the one thing :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: didn't hack to shreds on that truck.