Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I also rolled under the back of the truck to have a look around. I need to get a spare tire bracket. Also noticed brake fluid on the back of the wheel and tire. The lines are fine so must be the wheel cylinder. Ordered 2 of those and some Ford brake fluid.

Are you sure it's brake fluid and not gear lube from a bad axle seal?

Is your master cylinder empty?

Are you looking for the cross piece 'sling' that I recently rebuilt on my truck?

I don't think you would have that problem with 'made to fit Ford' belts, like you did with the random 'universal fit' ones.Couldn't hurt to call customer service, if George can't help you.
Great. Maybe that's an option also. Maybe I can get this resolved

today. I sure wish there were some pick a parts left by me. I know

there are a couple out in PA still.

Those were the days.

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 8:19 AM ArdWrknTrk [via Bullnose Enthusiasts]

wrote:

>

> I don't think you would have that problem with 'made to fit Ford' belts, like you did with the random 'universal fit' ones.

> Couldn't hurt to call customer service, if George can't help you.

> Jim,

> Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with an Edelbrock 1826 and Performer intake.

> Too much other stuff to mention.

>

>

> ________________________________

> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

> http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/WHYDTYTT-What-Have-You-Done-To-Your-Truck-Today-tp148p74726.html

> To unsubscribe from WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?, click here.

> NAML

Are you sure it's brake fluid and not gear lube from a bad axle seal?Is your master cylinder empty?Are you looking for the cross piece 'sling' that I recently rebuilt on my truck?
The brakes feel great and are supposedly new. I will check the Master

today. It sure felt and smelled like brake fluid.

Yep, the cross sling. I don't want the spare in the bed. I am looking

for a cap for it also and like the room to throw my kayaks in for some

fishing.

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 8:24 AM ArdWrknTrk [via Bullnose Enthusiasts]

wrote:

>

> Are you sure it's brake fluid and not gear lube from a bad axle seal?

> Is your master cylinder empty?

>

>

> Are you looking for the cross piece 'sling' that I recently rebuilt on my truck?

> Jim,

> Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with an Edelbrock 1826 and Performer intake.

> Too much other stuff to mention.

>

>

> ________________________________

> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

> http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/WHYDTYTT-What-Have-You-Done-To-Your-Truck-Today-tp148p74727.html

> To unsubscribe from WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?, click here.

> NAML

Those should be the same, I don't think much of that changed until a lot newer.

My new wiper switch from RA arrived in the mail yesterday so I installed the wiper governor I had recently picked up. It would only work when the switch was turned to high though. I opened it up to check for bad solder joints but found none. I started lightly tapping it and was able to get it to make one wipe at a time. I determined that the problem was in the relay, so I removed the cover and cleaned the contacts and it now works perfectly.

My new wiper switch from RA arrived in the mail yesterday so I installed the wiper governor I had recently picked up. It would only work when the switch was turned to high though. I opened it up to check for bad solder joints but found none. I started lightly tapping it and was able to get it to make one wipe at a time. I determined that the problem was in the relay, so I removed the cover and cleaned the contacts and it now works perfectly.

Well done, Frank! We will have to remember that one. :nabble_anim_claps: