Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

You have been working, Jim! :nabble_smiley_good:

It's what this truck was born to do!

So she is in her natural element.

I still haven't rebuilt the front axle, and the universals are rusty chunks with nothing for bearings, but if it's only 20' back and forth in the yard I'm not worried.

The transfer case seems to shift nicely! 😀

It's what this truck was born to do!

So she is in her natural element.

I still haven't rebuilt the front axle, and the universals are rusty chunks with nothing for bearings, but if it's only 20' back and forth in the yard I'm not worried.

The transfer case seems to shift nicely! 😀

Looks like Lil'Red is definitely a work truck like Darth, both built to pull or haul big loads and having the low end grunt of the 460 helps.

1983 6 CYL 1 PIECE WITH CLUTCH...MFG DATE..06/1983

Also, to the one's that gave me the info on the headliner trim remove, Thank you....goterdone.

The seat is in! Need to clean it but pretty nice for $50. Greased up the tracks and it slides like new.

Thanks all for the bolt info. I found them at True Value.

The aftermarket seat belts I got will not work so I need to return them.

I am going to look around again for the 2 short receiver belts . That's all I really need since I have the original retractors.

I have an issue with the battery draining. It's dead every day even with a full trickle charge. I jumped it yesterday and took it for a15 min ride. The batt was at 12.5 volts after and was 11.4 this morning.

Only thing I did before this started was replace the tail light and reverse light sockets and bulbs. The batt only registers 13.4 when running but the alternator is new and the belt is new and tight also.

PXL_20200911_180435844.jpg.39bdb07eeb268ae5e49ef97d2876d06e.jpg

PXL_20200911_194415774.jpg.98a686de8f4dd2a838f5cf88b9e29599.jpg

The seat is in! Need to clean it but pretty nice for $50. Greased up the tracks and it slides like new.

Thanks all for the bolt info. I found them at True Value.

The aftermarket seat belts I got will not work so I need to return them.

I am going to look around again for the 2 short receiver belts . That's all I really need since I have the original retractors.

I have an issue with the battery draining. It's dead every day even with a full trickle charge. I jumped it yesterday and took it for a15 min ride. The batt was at 12.5 volts after and was 11.4 this morning.

Only thing I did before this started was replace the tail light and reverse light sockets and bulbs. The batt only registers 13.4 when running but the alternator is new and the belt is new and tight also.

Josh - The seat looks great! Well done. :nabble_anim_claps:

On the battery voltage, if it is only 13.4 volts when running then you may have a problem. The 1G alternators don't put out much current at idle, so if you are checking the voltage at idle then it may not be a problem. But it should come up to about 14.4 volts at 2000 RPM if you don't have the headlights on, the blower motor on, or some other high-current draw.

If it doesn't then it may be a bad batter. Or a bad regulator. Most of the time it is best to replace the regulator when you replace the alternator. Did you?

Josh - The seat looks great! Well done. :nabble_anim_claps:

On the battery voltage, if it is only 13.4 volts when running then you may have a problem. The 1G alternators don't put out much current at idle, so if you are checking the voltage at idle then it may not be a problem. But it should come up to about 14.4 volts at 2000 RPM if you don't have the headlights on, the blower motor on, or some other high-current draw.

If it doesn't then it may be a bad batter. Or a bad regulator. Most of the time it is best to replace the regulator when you replace the alternator. Did you?

Thanks Gary! I love the look of that seat. Makes the vintage really shine.

The previous owner did the alternator so I am not sure of voltage regulator. I can replace that.

I did rev the motor while measuring the batt voltage with my multimeter . Never got above 13.6 .

I guess the battery could be bad but it's less than 2 years old.

I found it strange that after charging the battery with a battery charger it was still dead a day or so later. I figured there must be a drain somewhere.