Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Nice work Jim!

More produce! Farm to Families program. Loading up at the Gospel Mission.

Love that two tone color combo!

Today I cleaned up some wiring after the HEI install. Have not set the timing yet but went for a short 10 min drive and it all felt good. Especially with the new window seals and insulated door panels.

I also picked up the bench seat today. I got lucky with this one for $50 !

I need to buy the proper floor bolts now.

I was wondering if this MAP sensor is needed now that I put in the HEI and no computer stuff is active? One wire to it is broken.

I also have these 3 wires going to the neg. batt terminal? The huge fat one that looks like overkill goes to the starter. The other fat one to the engine block. And the skinny one goes to a bolt on the cover? Seems weird to me.

PXL_20200910_194747957.jpg.d92fc146e9d48b015431c98b357aab73.jpg

PXL_20200910_194628613.jpg.462f742650cefc418f4fa92bb4cdbc50.jpg

PXL_20200910_194528637.jpg.52a4dea4c293f24575542fcc7224fbd2.jpg

PXL_20200910_170542921.jpg.c23b3f83f9a2303873c9159d4c8de1fc.jpg

PXL_20200910_180026251.jpg.ae94565c1804e2a42b18508521d76062.jpg

Today I cleaned up some wiring after the HEI install. Have not set the timing yet but went for a short 10 min drive and it all felt good. Especially with the new window seals and insulated door panels.

I was wondering if this MAP sensor is needed now that I put in the HEI and no computer stuff is active? One wire to it is broken.

I also have these 3 wires going to the neg. batt terminal? The huge fat one that looks like overkill goes to the starter. The other fat one to the engine block. And the skinny one goes to a bolt on the cover? Seems weird to me.

I meant to a bolt on the valve cover for the skinny wire. Woops

You wouldn't need any sensors but I would say you can't ever have too many grounds.

What do you mean "a bolt on the cover"?

Valve cover? Pushrod cover?

300's had a battery negative cable that went directly to the starter.

If I were in your shoes I would probably repurpose the other two grounds and direct them to frame and radiator support.

It's always nice to have good chassis ground and the headlights will appreciate the better ground too.

You wouldn't need any sensors but I would say you can't ever have too many grounds.

What do you mean "a bolt on the cover"?

Valve cover? Pushrod cover?

300's had a battery negative cable that went directly to the starter.

If I were in your shoes I would probably repurpose the other two grounds and direct them to frame and radiator support.

It's always nice to have good chassis ground and the headlights will appreciate the better ground too.

Thanks, I will do that. Speaking of the radiator it seems that there is no fan shroud for this model? I have looked everywhere I think. I must be missing something.

I meant to a bolt on the valve cover for the skinny wire. Woops

I can see running a ground to the bracket if you had the TAD & TAB solenoids on the valve cover.

Josh, for the future, you can edit your post using the 'more' tab in the upper right corner.

There's definitely a shroud.

Do you have AC?

I think David and or Dave could give you a part number.

I can see running a ground to the bracket if you had the TAD & TAB solenoids on the valve cover.

Josh, for the future, you can edit your post using the 'more' tab in the upper right corner.

There's definitely a shroud.

Do you have AC?

I think David and or Dave could give you a part number.

No AC. Does anyone remove the fan and install an electric fan?