Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Today I scored a very decent brown vinyl bench seat for $50 at a local junkyard!

I also replaced all the window rubber on the passenger door. 36 year old dried rubber does not like to be removed. It's just like a new door now. No rattles and rolls smooth. Driver side door is next.

Also added new LMC door handles to replace the wooden ones someone installed at some point.

Good deal Josh!

I bet it will be a lot quieter with those window runs in. :nabble_smiley_good:

It's really coming together now. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Good deal Josh!

I bet it will be a lot quieter with those window runs in. :nabble_smiley_good:

It's really coming together now. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Thanks! About to go get the other window done. I also installed new door insulation behind the panels.

This thing will be a Cadillac!

I want to find map pockets also. Still need to set the timing but getting there.

I got out of high school in 1984 and my friend got a brand new 1984 F-150 for graduation. I was so jealous but now I am getting mine ha ha!

At the time I was driving a 1965 Dodge Dart GT I thought was a piece of cr*p.

Wish I had it back now

I paid under $50 for my driver's side one, delivered.Just keep your eyes open or save a search for the part number and description.Hit the notification bell, and eBay will tell you whenever one is listed.
Thanks Jim! Will do that. My other window seals are done! The second was easier. Waiting on some new door panel clips before putting that back in. 

Also grabbing my new junkyard bench seat and stock seatbelts tomorrow. They pulled it all today.  

Very excited to get that seat in. 

On Wed, Sep 9, 2020, 6:14 PM ArdWrknTrk [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

Josh - You are really going to like the windows being sealed tightly. And especially as the temps are starting to turn colder. Well done!

I took a look at how this steering shaft laid out compared to my current one.

IMG_20200909_190732.jpg.95f6aba5b08e129d3a9162b394c46745.jpg

In the truck I get 17 13/16 C-C on the pinch bolts.

If ii try to put the universals in the same place it's obvious I'm going to need to do some modding.

Another thing I notice is the new shaft does not have the universals lined up.

IMG_20200909_191424.thumb.jpg.761a68fd2663b47480900ecd562f2ee1.jpg

So this is going to dictate how I weld it up.

I took a look at how this steering shaft laid out compared to my current one.

In the truck I get 17 13/16 C-C on the pinch bolts.

If ii try to put the universals in the same place it's obvious I'm going to need to do some modding.

Another thing I notice is the new shaft does not have the universals lined up.

So this is going to dictate how I weld it up.

Jim - I took the liberty of making your pics a bit lighter so I could see the old shaft. And now I'm trying to remember exactly what the plan is. IIRC, the lower universal for the new shaft doesn't fit the steering box so you are cutting it off and installing the rag joint. Right?

Jims_Steering_Shafts_1.jpg.1550c0ba505d1d9c1af58a995bc79407.jpg

Jims_Steering_Shafts_2.thumb.jpg.0dd7a8cc1a59964196339ee470bb6e09.jpg