Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Looks real good Jim. one thing about those tire hangers, they are a royal pain. I do like that Bronco style thing though. have to wonder if it would get in the way though.

They certainly are.

And I've got more pains than I had before.

But at least I got to it before my tire dropped on the road.

I don't really see the in-bed or behind the gate carriers as a viable option with the amount of junk I'm always moving in and out of the bed.

And I don't remember how many years it's been I needed the spare.

4, 5?

It was when they were installing new granite curbs and I clipped one that wasn't finished, coming out of a new driveway.

I lay in muddy ground and needed a piece of plywood to jack from, I remember that.

They certainly are.

And I've got more pains than I had before.

But at least I got to it before my tire dropped on the road.

I don't really see the in-bed or behind the gate carriers as a viable option with the amount of junk I'm always moving in and out of the bed.

And I don't remember how many years it's been I needed the spare.

4, 5?

It was when they were installing new granite curbs and I clipped one that wasn't finished, coming out of a new driveway.

I lay in muddy ground and needed a piece of plywood to jack from, I remember that.

Brutus lost 2 spare tires in his life. I really do hate those things. We took it out to change the bumper and am dreading putting it back in. My thing, i need to find a jack that can lift that truck up high enough to change a full size spare. i'm tired of carrying blocks of wood and a bottle jack behind the seat

Brutus lost 2 spare tires in his life. I really do hate those things. We took it out to change the bumper and am dreading putting it back in. My thing, i need to find a jack that can lift that truck up high enough to change a full size spare. i'm tired of carrying blocks of wood and a bottle jack behind the seat

The dash is in. Waiting on the needle paint and it will be complete. AC still blowing nice and cold. Just ordered power window switch sockets and some co-ax wire. Once that comes in, the doors can go back together and we can progress

Here's a short video of where we are at right now

https://youtu.be/Vg5Vq2Xc5Dk

Yep, that looks good, Jim. And I'd do that mod on Big Blue - but I don't plan to put the spare up there. In fact, I don't think I'm strong enough to do so. Still need to have that bumper/spare tire carrier made....

Something like this?

https://www.bluelakeoffroad.com/rear-multi-carrier-bumper/rear-multicarrier-bumper-f150-bronco-72-96-and-super-duty-72-98-tapered/

My truck doesn't have a spare tire on it so I went looking.

-BDH

I'd looked at the Blue Lake Offroad site before - and wasn't impressed with the site at all. The inability to see what I'm buying is puts me off. I see the bumper and I tick that I want the swing arm for a tire and nothing changes. So I don't know if I like what it would look like.

Having ticked the boxes to get it like mine was intended to be I get $1374. Then there's another $150 for them to weld it up. Plus tax and shipping I think we are at $2k - and I don't know if I'd like it.

My thread on my plans is Rear Bumper/Spare Tire Mount Thoughts, and this post might get you started with roughly where I left it. And here are a couple of renderings:

SE_Dimetric_with_Bed.thumb.jpg.d3f4526aa949d43a858f1c0022cb9fd8.jpgJack_Mounting.thumb.jpg.fd0d65d8b3cfa976c0cf91f7497044a6.jpg

I'd looked at the Blue Lake Offroad site before - and wasn't impressed with the site at all. The inability to see what I'm buying is puts me off. I see the bumper and I tick that I want the swing arm for a tire and nothing changes. So I don't know if I like what it would look like.

Having ticked the boxes to get it like mine was intended to be I get $1374. Then there's another $150 for them to weld it up. Plus tax and shipping I think we are at $2k - and I don't know if I'd like it.

My thread on my plans is Rear Bumper/Spare Tire Mount Thoughts, and this post might get you started with roughly where I left it. And here are a couple of renderings:

honestly, judging by the 3d drawing and the price tag. i dont really like it myself, i think it may be in the way more then anything else

honestly, judging by the 3d drawing and the price tag. i dont really like it myself, i think it may be in the way more then anything else

Which one are you talking about, George? Mine, as shown in the 3D drawing, or those from Blue Lake Offroad? Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

That's my design, and there's no cost known for it. A friend that runs a fab shop was going to make it for me, but he's got cancer and has more serious things to worry about.

The price I mentioned was for the Blue Lake bumper.

Oh ok Gary, i thought the price was for the tire aperatus. The bumper, thats more realistic

Oh ok Gary, i thought the price was for the tire aperatus. The bumper, thats more realistic

Got the exhaust system installed. I forgot how quiet he was. Just waiting on the power window switch sockets and flourescent orange needle paint to come in. Nick is going to be working on the door harness's this week Once the needle paint comes in, the dash will be complete. we're due for a nice stretch of weather so maybe will change out the steering column this weekend and have the power windows and locks re-installed