Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Looks good, Jim. And, substantial. :nabble_anim_claps:

That's 12Ga. channel with a 3/4" wide strap welded each side.

I don't think it will give up like the stamping. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

The truck's been around 33 years.

No worry's about it in my lifetime.

Glad I got the snotty welds figured out on something fairly unimportant.

Yep, that looks good, Jim. And I'd do that mod on Big Blue - but I don't plan to put the spare up there. In fact, I don't think I'm strong enough to do so. Still need to have that bumper/spare tire carrier made....

Something like this?

https://www.bluelakeoffroad.com/rear-multi-carrier-bumper/rear-multicarrier-bumper-f150-bronco-72-96-and-super-duty-72-98-tapered/

My truck doesn't have a spare tire on it so I went looking.

-BDH

Yep, that looks good, Jim. And I'd do that mod on Big Blue - but I don't plan to put the spare up there. In fact, I don't think I'm strong enough to do so. Still need to have that bumper/spare tire carrier made....

Something like this?

https://www.bluelakeoffroad.com/rear-multi-carrier-bumper/rear-multicarrier-bumper-f150-bronco-72-96-and-super-duty-72-98-tapered/

My truck doesn't have a spare tire on it so I went looking.

-BDH

I'm not sure where Gary's drawings are, but he has plans for a big cattle gate that also mounts a Jerry can.

I rather like the Bronco type swingaway you've pictured.

And for 15's with stockish tires I think it makes more sense.

Is something like that in your future?

I'm not sure where Gary's drawings are, but he has plans for a big cattle gate that also mounts a Jerry can.

If I recall Gary's drawings correctly (I do turn 50 next week. My brain may be going) his diagram is much like this one. You can select options on the one I linked that carry both a spare and a single or dual Jerry cans on a single swing arm.

It is on my "eventually" list after 1.8 gazillion other things are done.

If I recall Gary's drawings correctly (I do turn 50 next week. My brain may be going) his diagram is much like this one. You can select options on the one I linked that carry both a spare and a single or dual Jerry cans on a single swing arm.

It is on my "eventually" list after 1.8 gazillion other things are done.

I guess you have cookies that show it optioned?

I was seeing a basic bumper on a stock Bronco.

Even when I applied a 1986 F250 with the drivers swing arm including tire carrier and gas can the illustration didn't change.

I optioned it up with lights, recovery points, etc to where it was north of $1700 and the pic didn't change for me.

Even when I applied a 1986 F250 with the drivers swing arm including tire carrier and gas can the illustration didn't change.

I optioned it up with lights, recovery points, etc to where it was north of $1700 and the pic didn't change for me.

Correct. The picture doesn't change. It is a version of the currently common swing rack with a single big pivot point on the top face of the bumper. Or two pivots if you go crazy and put dual swing arms on it. The prices aren't cheap, but pretty much on par with other semi-custom setups for other vehicles.

Correct. The picture doesn't change. It is a version of the currently common swing rack with a single big pivot point on the top face of the bumper. Or two pivots if you go crazy and put dual swing arms on it. The prices aren't cheap, but pretty much on par with other semi-custom setups for other vehicles.

I didn't mean to suggest that their products are overpriced.

Just that no matter what I did I couldn't get an example that looked like what Gary has envisioned.

I imagine some of our members in/around Atlanta might be interested, but I'd hate to think of the shipping.

I didn't mean to suggest that their products are overpriced.

Just that no matter what I did I couldn't get an example that looked like what Gary has envisioned.

I imagine some of our members in/around Atlanta might be interested, but I'd hate to think of the shipping.

Looks real good Jim. one thing about those tire hangers, they are a royal pain. I do like that Bronco style thing though. have to wonder if it would get in the way though.