Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Congrat's! But, no need for the master cylinder? Ready for the rag joint?

I (thankfully) don't seem to need a MC or booster. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

And I need to order some more wire before I attack the steering shaft.

I suppose I could do it cleaner with the MIG.

I have plenty of wire for that. :nabble_smiley_good:

I (thankfully) don't seem to need a MC or booster. :nabble_head-slap-23_orig:

And I need to order some more wire before I attack the steering shaft.

I suppose I could do it cleaner with the MIG.

I have plenty of wire for that. :nabble_smiley_good:

I got a pipe nipple and some black rustoleum yesterday so I could finish up my tire carrier.

Because I have a receiver hitch I needed to lower the socket where you put the tire iron to lift the carrier off and onto the P-bolt.

IMG_20200901_183554.thumb.jpg.9074a9db2eb8d56029c6ff3524d70fbc.jpg

I put some nice big holes in the channel and deburred them so all the crud drops through.

IMG_20200901_180921.thumb.jpg.f8c3c2c15dfe5575ccc4a1e7c7a63cf6.jpg

Once the phosphoric acid rinse dries I'll mix up some paint and give them a couple of coats.

I'm using Xylene and an isocyanurate hardner today.

Brushing needs a little more flash time.

yes, we love the Amazon Fairy. John, Good deal on your blend door and instrument cluster. I'm going back and fourth on weather i want to go with led's in Brutus. Just cant make up my mind

Had to go check just one more time, went start Brutus and sat in the nice ice cold ac.

Now we can progress. We did a blend door repair as well, it was something i learned on my 81 Continental and Nicks 83 town car. we used small hinges from the hardware store, works like a charm.

I think we are going to end up with a new truck by the time we are done.

Gary had mentioned something a while back about the progress we have made in such a short period of time which to me seams like forever, but it's only been since April and sitting here thinking about it,

Body work and paint ( still have some touching up to do )

all new HVAC system

New cooling system

New fuel system from tank to rebuilt yfa. Flushed out fuel lines

New brakes, seals and bearings, flushed out brake lines

All the TTL and relay logic has been made and installed for all switching. Power windows, door locks, headlights

Remote keyless entry

Rebuilt instrument cluster with digital speedometer

Every wire in the cab is new, soon all underhood wireing will be allnew

TFI module relocation ( thats an older one )

New upholstery and carpet

New muffler and tail pipe

new exhaust and intake manifolds

Rear bumper from the parts truck put on

Bull Bars and front bumper from an 83 we found put on

Painted the rims

And i'm sitting here wondering why i am so tired

Jeez George, that is a list. I can't touch that in my timeframe....lol! The blend door repair was really not that bad, especially after following the instructions from the FTE link below. I did mine up very much like the OP did there and I can assure you, I will never be in there again fixing that door...lol!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1486377-how-to-repair-the-ac-vent-door-hinge.html

Blenddoor.thumb.jpg.07a7d200dabf3a56be58b4b1e83cbe0b.jpg

Jeez George, that is a list. I can't touch that in my timeframe....lol! The blend door repair was really not that bad, especially after following the instructions from the FTE link below. I did mine up very much like the OP did there and I can assure you, I will never be in there again fixing that door...lol!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1486377-how-to-repair-the-ac-vent-door-hinge.html

That looks really good. Dont think you wil have to mess with that again. It is very similiar to what we did. Great job.

It all started out with " lets paint the truck and put new ac in" , then it kind of went into fastfoward, really out of necisity " sorry, i'm a lousy speller " we need good reliable transportation. The crown vic needs so much work and the car just isnt worth it right now, that and the truck is just better. I trust that truck around the world and back, it has a more comfortable seat and the ac blows colder then the vic ever did.

That looks really good. Dont think you wil have to mess with that again. It is very similiar to what we did. Great job.

It all started out with " lets paint the truck and put new ac in" , then it kind of went into fastfoward, really out of necisity " sorry, i'm a lousy speller " we need good reliable transportation. The crown vic needs so much work and the car just isnt worth it right now, that and the truck is just better. I trust that truck around the world and back, it has a more comfortable seat and the ac blows colder then the vic ever did.

The dash is pretty much done and the ac is still blowing.

https://youtu.be/Vg5Vq2Xc5Dk

The truck is more comfortable than the crown vic?

That's saying something! :nabble_smiley_good:

yes, way more comfortable, at least for me anyway. I like the way a truck sits better. I hate the seats in the vic, it hurts my back. With a load in the bed, Brutus rides like a town car on the highway

I know that feeling! :nabble_smiley_good:

Edited some pics into my post.

I will get another coat on tomorrow.

I will also pull those stumps, so I can put the spare back.

Maybe I will find time to make some baseline settings on my stereo.

(But that is for the cab upgrades thread)

yes, way more comfortable, at least for me anyway. I like the way a truck sits better. I hate the seats in the vic, it hurts my back. With a load in the bed, Brutus rides like a town car on the highway

I know that on a smooth road, even a twisty 2 lane one, Darth rides great, smooth enough my late wife had him over 80 on a 2 lane back road the first time she drove him back from our big scout camp. That 168" wheelbase just floats over irregular areas. Now I know how some of the great marques of the 30s rode so well on 4 leaf springs, it was the long wheelbase.

I know that on a smooth road, even a twisty 2 lane one, Darth rides great, smooth enough my late wife had him over 80 on a 2 lane back road the first time she drove him back from our big scout camp. That 168" wheelbase just floats over irregular areas. Now I know how some of the great marques of the 30s rode so well on 4 leaf springs, it was the long wheelbase.

I agree with you on the long wheel base thing. Brutus is an 8 foot box. The parts truck is a 6 foot box. Both XLT lariets and both with pretty much the same options. While the parts truck rode good, it had nothing whatsoever on Brutus. But there is something about that truck. When Nick was looking to buy a new truck, Brutus was the first truck he drove, he didn't want to buy the first thing he saw so he drove many others, he said nothing drove and rode like Brutus did.