Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

The Amazon Fairy just showed up with a flare tool, so I'm getting under the truck and replacing the brake line today. :nabble_anim_jump:

yes, we love the Amazon Fairy. John, Good deal on your blend door and instrument cluster. I'm going back and fourth on weather i want to go with led's in Brutus. Just cant make up my mind

Had to go check just one more time, went start Brutus and sat in the nice ice cold ac.

Now we can progress. We did a blend door repair as well, it was something i learned on my 81 Continental and Nicks 83 town car. we used small hinges from the hardware store, works like a charm.

I think we are going to end up with a new truck by the time we are done.

Gary had mentioned something a while back about the progress we have made in such a short period of time which to me seams like forever, but it's only been since April and sitting here thinking about it,

Body work and paint ( still have some touching up to do )

all new HVAC system

New cooling system

New fuel system from tank to rebuilt yfa. Flushed out fuel lines

New brakes, seals and bearings, flushed out brake lines

All the TTL and relay logic has been made and installed for all switching. Power windows, door locks, headlights

Remote keyless entry

Rebuilt instrument cluster with digital speedometer

Every wire in the cab is new, soon all underhood wireing will be allnew

TFI module relocation ( thats an older one )

New upholstery and carpet

New muffler and tail pipe

new exhaust and intake manifolds

Rear bumper from the parts truck put on

Bull Bars and front bumper from an 83 we found put on

Painted the rims

And i'm sitting here wondering why i am so tired

So, I needed to take a break, before I had a tantrum trying to get the back end of the line threaded into the bulkhead connector.

(Yes, I did thread it in -by itself- before I flared it onto the line)

Clean myself up and have a snack before I crawl back under to get it connected and try to bleed the brakes.

I need a cup of coffee today.

Okay, Mity-Vac bled.

IMG_20200831_173221.thumb.jpg.c1484f2f03a782b5efabc297719f2835.jpg

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig.png glad to get that out of there...

Going for a test drive... http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/laughing-25-x-25_orig.gif

Fingers crossed???

Okay, Mity-Vac bled.

:nabble_face-with-open-mouth-vomiting-23x23_orig: glad to get that out of there...

Going for a test drive... :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Fingers crossed???

George - That's an incredible list, and especially since you've done it since April. Wow! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Jim - I'm hoping that the hour during which we've not heard is that because you are having so much fun driving it. :nabble_smiley_scared:

George - That's an incredible list, and especially since you've done it since April. Wow! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Jim - I'm hoping that the hour during which we've not heard is that because you are having so much fun driving it. :nabble_smiley_scared:

Not much fun, but I did go to Homme Despot to get a 3/4 pipe nipple and some black rustoleum to finish the tire carrier.

The truck seems to stop fine from triple digit speeds without pulling so I would say the brake fix is a success! :nabble_smiley_good:

Not much fun, but I did go to Homme Despot to get a 3/4 pipe nipple and some black rustoleum to finish the tire carrier.

The truck seems to stop fine from triple digit speeds without pulling so I would say the brake fix is a success! :nabble_smiley_good:

Ahh going to home depot at over 100 mph. my kind of trip. Have to use the Ranchero or the vic, Brutus only goes 86

Congrat's! But, no need for the master cylinder? Ready for the rag joint?

Yea Gary, when i look at it it dosent seam that long, but working on it with every spare minute, seams like forever

You just don't know. I've been "transforming" Big Blue for just over a year. And "restifying" Dad's truck for years. :nabble_smiley_blush:

Oh how well i know. The ranchero has been up on jackstands for 3 years

Ahh going to home depot at over 100 mph. my kind of trip. Have to use the Ranchero or the vic, Brutus only goes 86

According to my 'Claybrook Edition" speedometer my truck only does 85, but when the needle winds around and bottoms out on the bezel I'm definitely going 97-98. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I figure I better push it when I'm expecting it.

Better to know than to find out at an inopportune time.