Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

There are few rules.

These are "suggested voltage and feed settings" for different wire sizes and metal thickness.

It worked fine on the retaining wall, and Theo's wheelbarrow and trailer.

But I was just winging it.

When the contact tip started to get crappy, I didn't understand and went to the chart.

My bad! :nabble_smiley_blush:

But when I figured that out and replaced it, I didn't go back to what I "felt" was right.

No knock on the little Horrid Fate welder.

It can do a fine job if you work with it.

Brutus's ac after 14 hours of holding a vacuum, we're charged and ready to go. Icy cold. and the autolamps are working once again.

20200830_093216.jpg.373adca2260d4b9b24e7bd7a179b74c3.jpg

20200830_191249.jpg.f20dbb4a9096f966ce65e8cff46da9c4.jpg

20200830_191220.jpg.1cd58e8445137d15d23fa6f2ed848502.jpg

20200830_191309.jpg.17990bbf83be91459e5a1c29c790050f.jpg

There are few rules.

These are "suggested voltage and feed settings" for different wire sizes and metal thickness.

It worked fine on the retaining wall, and Theo's wheelbarrow and trailer.

But I was just winging it.

When the contact tip started to get crappy, I didn't understand and went to the chart.

My bad! :nabble_smiley_blush:

But when I figured that out and replaced it, I didn't go back to what I "felt" was right.

No knock on the little Horrid Fate welder.

It can do a fine job if you work with it.

How about what I did this weekend! Rebuilt and replaced the blend door.....better than new now. Rebuilt the HVAC control assembly and a big thanks to Scott for providing me with the needed components. Actually melded mine with the skeleton that he sent me. Painted the needles on my newly acquired tach dash and installed LED bulbs in the gauge assembly. Also polished the clear lens cover. Lastly, rewired my speakers with new speaker wire in prep for a newly acquired blue tooth Alpine stereo unit.

How about what I did this weekend! Rebuilt and replaced the blend door.....better than new now. Rebuilt the HVAC control assembly and a big thanks to Scott for providing me with the needed components. Actually melded mine with the skeleton that he sent me. Painted the needles on my newly acquired tach dash and installed LED bulbs in the gauge assembly. Also polished the clear lens cover. Lastly, rewired my speakers with new speaker wire in prep for a newly acquired blue tooth Alpine stereo unit.

Tremendous John!!!

I know how important those blend doors are for people with AC.

And getting them working (and sealing) right is a tricky operation!

A fresh looking cluster and new tunes is really going to make for a much nicer UX. :nabble_smiley_good:

Tremendous John!!!

A fresh looking cluster and new tunes is really going to make for a much nicer UX. :nabble_smiley_good:

The Amazon Fairy just showed up with a flare tool, so I'm getting under the truck and replacing the brake line today. :nabble_anim_jump:

The Amazon Fairy just showed up with a flare tool, so I'm getting under the truck and replacing the brake line today. :nabble_anim_jump:

John - Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Jim - That Amazon fairy is just like Chicken Man - he's everywhere, he's everywhere! He just dropped off 6 quarts of RP Synchromax MT for me. :nabble_smiley_good:

Good luck on the brake lines.

Tremendous John!!!

Thanks fellas, kind of a rewarding weekend. And prior to this weekend, many things came for me from the Amazon fairy as well. Lately I've been ordering a lot.....often to come home to a package that I wasn't sure what was in it, as I forgot that I ordered anything. Gonna have to chill on that as wifey is getting after me in regards to the CC charges.

Thanks fellas, kind of a rewarding weekend. And prior to this weekend, many things came for me from the Amazon fairy as well. Lately I've been ordering a lot.....often to come home to a package that I wasn't sure what was in it, as I forgot that I ordered anything. Gonna have to chill on that as wifey is getting after me in regards to the CC charges.

"Amazon Fairy" came about when my Ex's daughter didn't get visits from Santa.

So before I would visit, or often just on a whim, I would send something in her name so she could feel special, and not neglected.

I hope it taught her that a random act of kindness can mean the world to someone who doesn't often get kindness.

Even if it's only a pair of glitter socks or a yo-yo.

"Amazon Fairy" came about when my Ex's daughter didn't get visits from Santa.

So before I would visit, or often just on a whim, I would send something in her name so she could feel special, and not neglected.

I hope it taught her that a random act of kindness can mean the world to someone who doesn't often get kindness.

Even if it's only a pair of glitter socks or a yo-yo.

That's cool, Jim! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

That's cool, Jim! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

Please don't get me wrong.

I'm not criticising my ex in any way.

She has her issues.... We all do.

But I think her child deserves more caring.

Thoughtful and considerate gifts -out of the blue- might help her be thoughtful and considerate of others.

Anyway, that is my intention. :nabble_smiley_blush:

And I'm pretty certain her little heart leaps when she hears that truck pull up.

Please don't get me wrong.

I'm not criticising my ex in any way.

She has her issues.... We all do.

But I think her child deserves more caring.

Thoughtful and considerate gifts -out of the blue- might help her be thoughtful and considerate of others.

Anyway, that is my intention. :nabble_smiley_blush:

And I'm pretty certain her little heart leaps when she hears that truck pull up.

So, I needed to take a break, before I had a tantrum trying to get the back end of the line threaded into the bulkhead connector.

(Yes, I did thread it in -by itself- before I flared it onto the line)

Clean myself up and have a snack before I crawl back under to get it connected and try to bleed the brakes.

I need a cup of coffee today.