Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I just talked to nick again about it, he said other then the steering wheel, it is the exact same column

Yep. I thought the change was earlier, but the MPC says '80 through at least '89 were the same.

If i'm not mistaken, they changed in 90, not exactly sure though. I went look at the 88 column, its out and in the shop from what i see, they are the same

If i'm not mistaken, they changed in 90, not exactly sure though. I went look at the 88 column, its out and in the shop from what i see, they are the same

I guess I was mistaken.

I had thought the pedal support and column bracket changed with the new dash in the '87 MY.

Glad this is going to work for you!

I just talked to nick again about it, he said other then the steering wheel, it is the exact same column

Yep. I thought the change was earlier, but the MPC says '80 through at least '89 were the same.

The differences as installed are:

(1) ignition switch

(2) column to dash support changed, but column attaching points didn't

(3) steering wheels changed in appearance

(4) coupling at lower end of column was updated which may require the connecting shaft for the later column

One more item, the column design (long tube with crash collapse sections) was the same from 1980-1991, change to the corporate "stub" column started with the 1992 Aeronose body.

I guess I was mistaken.

I had thought the pedal support and column bracket changed with the new dash in the '87 MY.

Glad this is going to work for you!

Not really sure if the steering wheel will look good, but i'm kind of thinking it will. Brutus has absolutely no woodgrain anywhere except on the steering wheel which was one thing i could never understand

Not really sure if the steering wheel will look good, but i'm kind of thinking it will. Brutus has absolutely no woodgrain anywhere except on the steering wheel which was one thing i could never understand

I got my coil of brake line and fittings last night (~7:00... thanks UPS)

IMG_20200829_110606.thumb.jpg.8446ba230e801d2fa8ad1df829d539c6.jpg

But I still can't find my reverse flare kit anywhere.

So, another $20 and tomorrow (hopefully)...