Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

There's definitely a spot you can get it in where the door doesn't open as you found out. I got bit by that a couple times when adjusting mine. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

My doors close SO much better now that I have cab mounts! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Today, I ripped out my rear brake line and ordered 25' of the 3/16 copper/nickel line and 16 fittings from Amazon Prime.

... Now I can't find my flaring tool! :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I also got two coats of varnish on my speaker box.

And worked a bit on my tire carrier.

Uffff, that's messy!

Really beautiful here in Connecticut, after the torrential rain and power outage last evening. :nabble_smiley_good:

There's definitely a spot you can get it in where the door doesn't open as you found out. I got bit by that a couple times when adjusting mine. :nabble_smiley_thinking:

I did not take much time to figure it out before venting here. :nabble_smiley_beam:

I have been getting annoyed at the simple things taking more time lately than the more technical stuff.

In other news I installed a matching 17 tooth gear on my speedo cable. Speedo works now but it is 12 miles fast.

Going to try a 20 tooth gear instead and see if I get closer.

Still looking for a bench seat in the tri-state area if anybody knows of one. Junkyards are not getting back to me. Guess they don't want to sell stuff.

Other progress: New door locks, new right side window regulator. Replacing all the window rubber also.

New front shocks. Stock air cleaner hooked up. Need to find the stock fresh air hose and heater hose.

Trying to find a nice cap also.

Once again, glad I found this group. Very responsive!

I did not take much time to figure it out before venting here. :nabble_smiley_beam:

I have been getting annoyed at the simple things taking more time lately than the more technical stuff.

In other news I installed a matching 17 tooth gear on my speedo cable. Speedo works now but it is 12 miles fast.

Going to try a 20 tooth gear instead and see if I get closer.

Still looking for a bench seat in the tri-state area if anybody knows of one. Junkyards are not getting back to me. Guess they don't want to sell stuff.

Other progress: New door locks, new right side window regulator. Replacing all the window rubber also.

New front shocks. Stock air cleaner hooked up. Need to find the stock fresh air hose and heater hose.

Trying to find a nice cap also.

Once again, glad I found this group. Very responsive!

Josh - You might want to play with the calculator here: Documentation/Driveline/Speedometers, Gears, Cables, & Sensors. You can easily figure out what gear you need. But if your speedo is reading 72 at a true 60 then the 20-toothed gear is what you want.

Jim - You are making good progress! So it was rusted-through brake line?

Josh - You might want to play with the calculator here: Documentation/Driveline/Speedometers, Gears, Cables, & Sensors. You can easily figure out what gear you need. But if your speedo is reading 72 at a true 60 then the 20-toothed gear is what you want.

I'm hoping that's ALL it is.

I still don't want to dismount the master, if I don't have to....

So I'm making up some patterns for my leftover foil insulation.

I removed the hood ground and vacuum manifold, then wiped everything clean with lacquer thinner.

I want to insulate the engine side of the cowl.

I don't have AC.

Maybe it will be a little better.

The flux welder hit its duty limit, so I figured I'd let it cool back down.

Thanks Gary! I was able to test it vs. GPS on my phone on a 10 mile drive. Actually the first ride at all in this truck.

I did do some research and I think 20 teeth will be close. The tires are 225 75 R16

Checking out the link you sent me now.

Thanks Gary! I was able to test it vs. GPS on my phone on a 10 mile drive. Actually the first ride at all in this truck.

I did do some research and I think 20 teeth will be close. The tires are 225 75 R16

Checking out the link you sent me now.

Josh,

I haven't forgotten about your seat.

I've been busy with stuff like this on the overnight.

IMG_20200826_183500.jpg.2a01a30de40a1dcfebab05084183d8e8.jpg

IMG_20200826_183515.jpg.3ab4ee42300860ace3ce9f4d8e1fd5d4.jpg

IMG_20200826_183509.jpg.6a4b424425883136ec4f706334ce706b.jpg

Not pretty. 🤯

Josh,I haven't forgotten about your seat.I've been busy with stuff like this on the overnight.Not pretty. 🤯
Thanks Jim. That does not look good at all.Sad story is I contacted the guy that sold the truck to me to ask the last time the fluids where changed and he had the bench seat there. 

Too much to ship from Mississippi . 

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020, 7:58 PM ArdWrknTrk [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <redacted_email_address> wrote:

I'll keep an eye out and ask the others.

Day shift get called for all kinds of "Gramps old truck's been sitting there for six years since he died" or engine seizure, NWR.

So you never know where and when something will surface.

Heck, Gary was looking for grab handles off a older 650.

I towed one in two nights later.

I'll keep an eye out and ask the others.

Day shift get called for all kinds of "Gramps old truck's been sitting there for six years since he died" or engine seizure, NWR.

So you never know where and when something will surface.

Heck, Gary was looking for grab handles off a older 650.

I towed one in two nights later.

"With" not "To" again, and I still don't have an '80 - '86...

Lesley came up with a landscaping project that needed a bunch of concrete pavers. We went to Menard's and saw they had full pallets with 84 pavers that a forklift could stick right into my truck. Sure beats loading all those 40 lb rocks in by hand! The sticker on the pallet said 3404 lbs, so I was probably a few hundred pounds over weight. And with it all at the back of the bed it squatted it down 5.5"! 45 mph max on the 5 mile drive home!

We still needed more after that. A second trip to Menard's (after unloading them all by hand :nabble_smiley_sad:) and all they had left was 24 pavers (~960 lbs). So the same forklift operator stuffed those in the truck. That drove a lot easier than the full pallet had! Still not quite enough, so a trip to another Menard's and we had to load the last 8 in by hand.

Only picture is the truck with the full pallet (it doesn't show well in the light, but there are three rows of pavers on the pallet). Note how low the pintle hitch is with the truck straddling the top of that little hill!

DSC_0652.jpg.f91de35a43febfd6bbbd297016c4c455.jpg