Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Jim - I have the master and booster off of Big Blue, and the pair off of Huck. Either are yours if you want them.

Gary, I appreciate the offer! 👍

It's "Air you Wear" again today, and I can't bring myself to pull the master off and look.

I need to go lay down in the cool dirt for a while....

Gary, I appreciate the offer! 👍

It's "Air you Wear" again today, and I can't bring myself to pull the master off and look.

I need to go lay down in the cool dirt for a while....

It's a little better today.

Not as humid and a slight breeze.

IMG_20200825_095954.thumb.jpg.8df42475e5e4eb756270fd07aaebca03.jpg

(Which is good, because it's carrying away the zinc fume)

IMG_20200825_091353.thumb.jpg.ef61fbe66a1e4e46dcd202add02e5bc0.jpg

IMG_20200825_091400.thumb.jpg.c02a94a4e344710db4d7c6948884d92b.jpg

I started with tacking some 1/8x3/4 strap to my tire carrier.

Well ACTUALLY I started with crawling under my truck to look for brake fluid.

And while I was there I reconnected the axle vent and painted my rusty tank straps.

So once that cools, I'll go about fitting it to the chunk of rust I have now.

It's a little better today.

Not as humid and a slight breeze.

(Which is good, because it's carrying away the zinc fume)

I started with tacking some 1/8x3/4 strap to my tire carrier.

Well ACTUALLY I started with crawling under my truck to look for brake fluid.

And while I was there I reconnected the axle vent and painted my rusty tank straps.

So once that cools, I'll go about fitting it to the chunk of rust I have now.

Yeah, yeah...... I know!

Pics or it didn't happen

IMG_20200825_103223.thumb.jpg.02b9c60b0a1691531e06f812712c5e65.jpg

I brush acid on the remaining rust, once I cut the worst out.

To grind all the pitting away (from both sides) would not leave me with much to weld to.

What I did to my truck today was add this to fix my doors that would not close very well and rattle:

Latch.jpg.599b82ab8c59a0203270aaf179c9739e.jpg

My door sure shut nice and tight but now it won't open. Tried inside, outside, locked, unlocked. No go.

My door panel is off so I pulled the bar inside the door etc and felt around but it's not opening.

The simple things get ya every time.

Anyone have an idea to get the door open? I can get to the plate that the striker screws into but I don't think that will make a diff. if I remove it.

Thanks!

What I did to my truck today was add this to fix my doors that would not close very well and rattle:

My door sure shut nice and tight but now it won't open. Tried inside, outside, locked, unlocked. No go.

My door panel is off so I pulled the bar inside the door etc and felt around but it's not opening.

The simple things get ya every time.

Anyone have an idea to get the door open? I can get to the plate that the striker screws into but I don't think that will make a diff. if I remove it.

Thanks!

Ok, panic is over. Sorry about that! I got the door open and repositioned the striker a little and that made a difference. Is there a way to fine tune this or who cares? They close much better now and are tight.

I sprayed white lithium grease on all the innards in the door and the latch.

On to something easier in the next day or so. Installing the HEI distributor and removing the old computer and associated wiring. If anyone is interested in these components let me know and I will send out for whatever the shipping is.

Thanks,

Josh

Ok, panic is over. Sorry about that! I got the door open and repositioned the striker a little and that made a difference. Is there a way to fine tune this or who cares? They close much better now and are tight.

I sprayed white lithium grease on all the innards in the door and the latch.

On to something easier in the next day or so. Installing the HEI distributor and removing the old computer and associated wiring. If anyone is interested in these components let me know and I will send out for whatever the shipping is.

Thanks,

Josh

With the door panel off you can get an extension and adjust the striker through the latch.

That's an awesome idea! They are both working now. Seems like they could be tweaked though but much better.

There's definitely a spot you can get it in where the door doesn't open as you found out. I got bit by that a couple times when adjusting mine. :nabble_smiley_thinking: