Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

You could, and should!

But Im afraid much of this convo would be lost on many of the forum's members.

True story... I had a girl friend who was really into RenFes and I and some of my 'friends' showed up as MP knights to get a rise out of the audience.

We made a mockery of the proceedings and destroyed the mead tent.

OMG! I really can't imagine that we pulled that off, in retrospect.

But the world was a different place back then.

Yeah, maybe we shouldn't do that in WHYDTYTT. FORD Lounge maybe?

Mead tent? Yeah, I can see that. The Brits apparently had little wine due to the weather and were slow to figure out ale. But mead they had.

Don't mention the war. I did once but I think I got away with it.

Your parrot's dead.

What about The Vicar? Black Adder? Doc Martin? (I could go on and on and on.)

Sadly my parrot iS dead!

My ex called in tears a month or so ago.

He was a great buddy.

Playful.

Rode on my shoulder like any good pirate parrot should.

RIP Omar, you deserved better from this cruel world.

Yeah, maybe we shouldn't do that in WHYDTYTT. FORD Lounge maybe?

Mead tent? Yeah, I can see that. The Brits apparently had little wine due to the weather and were slow to figure out ale. But mead they had.

You're welcome to snip as much of this as you like, and move it to the lounge.

As for me...

I did nothing to my truck today.

I'm still waiting for new sway bar links.

But I definitely should have worked out some of the other details.

Instead, I screwed around on this forum, and weighed my options on things such as new speakers.

Well, correction.

I did cut the front off my 'behind the seat' sound box and glued a new piece of 12mm Baltic birch to it.

I need to get my truck together and get back to work.

But today, I sleep like the dead.

.... Its a good thing I seen this now because I would have kept driving till I ran out of gas and flipped the switch only to see the rear tank was empty!

That is how I kind of found it was pulling from the rear tank, it was at a 1/4.

Dave ----

Just had the same thing on my '71 Bronco today. I've been trying to run the rear tank empty. The fuel gage is less than perfectly useful, it drops to "E" fast and then runs there a long time. But when it runs out I still have the 9 gallon front tank. But today it seemed like it was running on "E" for TOO long. So I flipped to the front tank and only had a half tank left. I filled both tanks and put 4 gallons in the front tank (that hadn't been used since it was filled) and 20 in the 20 gallon rear tank.

In my case I think I'm going to go back to the stock early Bronco manual valve. It's stupid-simple and pretty much nothing can go wrong with it. The down side is that it's separate from the switch to select which fuel sender the gage is using. So you can be using one tank and reading the other.

.... Its a good thing I seen this now because I would have kept driving till I ran out of gas and flipped the switch only to see the rear tank was empty!

That is how I kind of found it was pulling from the rear tank, it was at a 1/4.

Dave ----

Just had the same thing on my '71 Bronco today. I've been trying to run the rear tank empty. The fuel gage is less than perfectly useful, it drops to "E" fast and then runs there a long time. But when it runs out I still have the 9 gallon front tank. But today it seemed like it was running on "E" for TOO long. So I flipped to the front tank and only had a half tank left. I filled both tanks and put 4 gallons in the front tank (that hadn't been used since it was filled) and 20 in the 20 gallon rear tank.

In my case I think I'm going to go back to the stock early Bronco manual valve. It's stupid-simple and pretty much nothing can go wrong with it. The down side is that it's separate from the switch to select which fuel sender the gage is using. So you can be using one tank and reading the other.

Sounds like a situation for one of those "Remove Before Flight" key chains, or.... "switch senders now, dummy"

Whatever, some kind of graphic warning.

I remember when bike disc locks first became popular.

I had the small flags I used for safing and arming my rockets.

A key blank from the locksmith, and $3 became $20 from every rotor replacement I did for knuckleheads that didn't remember what the last thing they did before breakfast was.

Sounds like a situation for one of those "Remove Before Flight" key chains, or.... "switch senders now, dummy"

Whatever, some kind of graphic warning.

I remember when bike disc locks first became popular.

I had the small flags I used for safing and arming my rockets.

A key blank from the locksmith, and $3 became $20 from every rotor replacement I did for knuckleheads that didn't remember what the last thing they did before breakfast was.

Beautiful evening for our weekly local cruise in last night. There was a huge gathering, and lots of new stuff. I love going to this every week. 75% of the cars are the same, but every week there's something new to see.

Last night I had another Bullnose parked beside me for a while, and not just another Bullnose, but a 1984 the same as mine, in the same 3P Medium Blue Metallic color, built on the same assembly line a month after mine. That was kinda cool.

IMG_2247.jpg.0de0023c53b26e16d8142a0f11fb1f6a.jpg

IMG_2248.jpg.6fa633a7ec7a3b38bce98aa77bb3b281.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg.21df879de5d6542887e719d0bd0288d3.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg.d9e7c29a092a524b73aac096c5b4c155.jpg

I actually knew the truck as I had seen it for sale locally a couple times over the years, and I had driven by the previous owners house many times. The previous owner had it for 15 or so years and had only used it for yard clean up work and dump runs. It has the very typical 300/6 and NP435.

Beautiful evening for our weekly local cruise in last night. There was a huge gathering, and lots of new stuff. I love going to this every week. 75% of the cars are the same, but every week there's something new to see.

Last night I had another Bullnose parked beside me for a while, and not just another Bullnose, but a 1984 the same as mine, in the same 3P Medium Blue Metallic color, built on the same assembly line a month after mine. That was kinda cool.

I actually knew the truck as I had seen it for sale locally a couple times over the years, and I had driven by the previous owners house many times. The previous owner had it for 15 or so years and had only used it for yard clean up work and dump runs. It has the very typical 300/6 and NP435.

I sat back in the shade for a while watching all of the classics pull in, and for you sea-foodies I even stopped for a Haddock cheesburger on the way...lol. Thursday night is fend for yourself night...Mrs. Rembrant goes out for dinner with a girlfriend, and I head off to the cruise in.

IMG_2218.jpg.c2405460a42248fa28ae6d791700bcb1.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg.345ef4e053873c9602d5e98d7a26a51f.jpg

This was a new arrival for our Thursday night. A very cool 1930 Ford ton and a half. Husband, wife, and dog sitting in between them. Very cool truck, and very nicely done as well. I'm not really a dually guy, but I'd rock this one in a heartbeat!

IMG_2236.jpg.80dc3a48e949303cc2ea109d53216a09.jpg

IMG_2220.jpg.b241bdc9fe85bb33de15f52d59f2abba.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg.640120e959217b09718a9e972933ad30.jpg

Couple cool old Ford stubby nosed vans. Love these things. Similar colors, too.

IMG_2229.jpg.ebfc0cd3bfe19b8fe3bdbe47809db25c.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg.8f4c8d0d5cfd4b125e2e191318501755.jpg