Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

So they are used to force all the air to go thru the condenser & radiator.

I know our trucks have a "filler" that goes between the radiator support and the radiator on AC trucks at top.

Dave ----

I wouldn't be surprised. I haven't played around with many AC trucks of our generation but it makes me wonder if they are something similar to these. Every one I have had had that metal panel there. These later ones are pretty sturdy which is why I used them for the hood. They seal well and keep water from pouring in when it rains and do a good job keeping debris like pine needles out.

I wouldn't be surprised. I haven't played around with many AC trucks of our generation but it makes me wonder if they are something similar to these. Every one I have had had that metal panel there. These later ones are pretty sturdy which is why I used them for the hood. They seal well and keep water from pouring in when it rains and do a good job keeping debris like pine needles out.

Angelo - Are you using those seals on the back of the hood where it hits the cowl? Or just on the fenders?

Finished the exhaust and intake manifolds, got the heater box back in with the new blower motor. Hopefully the dash will be back in this week and next weekend AC

Brutus really looks immaculate under the hood too. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I spy another pair of vice-grips, after Cory and I both commenced how handy that are when you need them.

Brutus really looks immaculate under the hood too. :nabble_smiley_cool:

I spy another pair of vice-grips, after Cory and I both commenced how handy that are when you need them.

The vice grip is optional heavy duty fan shroud holder, hehehe. All thats left under there is to paint the valve cover and install ac components. I do need a new carb spacer, i had to do a repair job on this one with slicone and i know it willnot hold up, i needed to do it just make sure everything would run. I'm trying to find an aftermarket carb spacer but keep coming up empty handed. I can find them for the 170 and 200 but not for the 300 Any clue if they will fit?

The vice grip is optional heavy duty fan shroud holder, hehehe. All thats left under there is to paint the valve cover and install ac components. I do need a new carb spacer, i had to do a repair job on this one with slicone and i know it willnot hold up, i needed to do it just make sure everything would run. I'm trying to find an aftermarket carb spacer but keep coming up empty handed. I can find them for the 170 and 200 but not for the 300 Any clue if they will fit?

George - Is there a reason you are looking for an aftermarket spacer? I ask because this thread gives a part number for an earlier spacer that didn't have EGR. And while that one is gone, you may be able to find another of them. That part, D7TZ 9A589-H, fits 77 & 78 El50/350,Fl50/350 trucks w/a 300 - - exc. Calif emissions.

But, I do think the bolt spacing for some of the Carter YF's & YFA's varied. So I can't say that all spacers fit. Perhaps those that know will chime in?

George - Is there a reason you are looking for an aftermarket spacer? I ask because this thread gives a part number for an earlier spacer that didn't have EGR. And while that one is gone, you may be able to find another of them. That part, D7TZ 9A589-H, fits 77 & 78 El50/350,Fl50/350 trucks w/a 300 - - exc. Calif emissions.

But, I do think the bolt spacing for some of the Carter YF's & YFA's varied. So I can't say that all spacers fit. Perhaps those that know will chime in?

This will be a first for me, as I'm painting my tailgate.....two coats of SPI epoxy applied yesterday. Filler work to follow, another coat of SPI epoxy, 2k primer, sanding then bc/cc.

Tailgate.thumb.jpg.7d109bc4d1d8210ac0ecb592103a6510.jpg