Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Ok, so after a couple of hours with carbide paper wrapped around a chopstick I got the shift shaft to fit tight

Then this happened....

And this heap of carnage was *finally* unceremoniously dumped it the skip

It's almost 8, and I'm headed under the truck..

Yippee! Good job, and good luck! :nabble_anim_claps:

Yeah

Had I realized what a bear it would be without a bench and proper snap ring pliers I would never have attempted it.

Well, I got it in.

IMG_20200806_130729.jpg.9b7d63088660f372ecc531b4872c8c2f.jpg

I'm on out on a shake down to North Adams before I pack and go back to CT.

IMG_20200806_082025.thumb.jpg.cc881a252a22ae06cdacd51d02607b43.jpg

I put a bunch of Gary's favorite paste on the splines

IMG_20200806_081745.jpg.aed66276caccfb0624e5c682d4213347.jpg

The slip yoke did get VERY hot! :nabble_smiley_oh:

IMG_20200806_100707.thumb.jpg.562ddfc0e6fc7bd7202ca51903e19d82.jpg

Looks good, Jim. How'd the shake-down cruise go?

Today I started digging in to the 84 F-150

Took off the door panels, left window needs a new regulator and someone painted over the factory red. I will paint them back.

Took out the instrument panel and put in new sockets and bulbs and lightly sanded the copper contact pads.

If you look at the photo where the gray plug goes into the panel some are loose, not cracked. Should I glue them down?

I need to find a pic of the correct dash lights. The one I have is for a 4x4 with a 4 wheel drive light and a shift indicator. Only one light comes on when I turn the key and the blinkers are now working. I am going to look for the correct console.

Got the stock air cleaner, new pcv valve, the correct oil filler cap, steering fluid cap (that was a spray paint top held on with electrical tape)

I assume the last pic is the "computer" I am removing with the HEI install? It will we be up for grabs if anyone wants it and associated wires.

I would like to install door speakers. The holes are in the doors and the grids in the door panel but no hole to run the wires. Whats the preferred method?

Last is a pic of the sticker!

Next up is the front shocks, window regulator, new spark plugs, HEI install (scary) and connecting the new aircleaner the correct way. I think I will sand that some first and paint with rustoleum. I also found a stock coolant overflow tank and washer fluid tank with working pump. The current one is not working and has a hole in it.

That's what I have done to my truck today!

IMG_20200806_150331.thumb.jpg.7d3d07da42392dbc6d3663baf2179d61.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200806171203624_COVER.jpg.990940bbb5be8fd0e70d7168581f888e.jpg

IMG_20200806_163056.thumb.jpg.85ce7a5d029e917f2df58fbc63ba4a52.jpg

IMG_20200806_165616.thumb.jpg.2472450b913c1fb2c0359ae2ec11edcc.jpg

IMG_20200806_165628.thumb.jpg.52f047ac4ddde24e30a93e3f322d75ca.jpg

IMG_20200806_170159.jpg.c9c508b2ffd402dd1a98dd7d865f2b29.jpg

Any comments welcome!

Thanks

Took off the door panels, left window needs a new regulator and someone painted over the factory red. I will paint them back.

Took out the instrument panel and put in new sockets and bulbs and lightly sanded the copper contact pads.

If you look at the photo where the gray plug goes into the panel some are loose, not cracked. Should I glue them down?

I need to find a pic of the correct dash lights. The one I have is for a 4x4 with a 4 wheel drive light and a shift indicator. Only one light comes on when I turn the key and the blinkers are now working. I am going to look for the correct console.

Got the stock air cleaner, new pcv valve, the correct oil filler cap, steering fluid cap (that was a spray paint top held on with electrical tape)

I assume the last pic is the "computer" I am removing with the HEI install? It will we be up for grabs if anyone wants it and associated wires.

I would like to install door speakers. The holes are in the doors and the grids in the door panel but no hole to run the wires. Whats the preferred method?

Next up is the front shocks, window regulator, new spark plugs, HEI install (scary) and connecting the new aircleaner the correct way. I think I will sand that some first and paint with rustoleum. I also found a stock coolant overflow tank and washer fluid tank with working pump. The current one is not working and has a hole in it.

Any comments welcome!

Thanks

You've got a whole lot accomplished Josh! :nabble_smiley_good:

That's the way to do. Round up a bunch of parts and knock out one area at a time.

Your truck will be running like a top soon enough.

Any comments welcome!

Thanks

Josh - You are really making headway! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

In no particular order, yes that is the computer/ECU.

On the printed circuit, if it makes good contact I wouldn't worry about it. You aren't going to unplug and replug it on a daily basis.

For the speaker wiring, search the forum. Several have talked about it recently. There are usually dimples and you can drill out at that point and put a rubber conduit in, just like the factory did.

Josh - You are really making headway! Well done! :nabble_anim_claps:

In no particular order, yes that is the computer/ECU.

On the printed circuit, if it makes good contact I wouldn't worry about it. You aren't going to unplug and replug it on a daily basis.

For the speaker wiring, search the forum. Several have talked about it recently. There are usually dimples and you can drill out at that point and put a rubber conduit in, just like the factory did.

yep Ive seen way worse than that, just laid the copper back down into place and carefully plug in and everything is fine.

Only thing I have been doing today since I messed up my right middle finger at work is working in photoshop on some ideas I have for my truck.

I saw a few photos of people with old cars and trucks with Rebel flags painted on them. One had the entire roof on the inside painted the other had the underhood painted using the X brace for the blue cross.

I wouldnt do my roof and I wouldnt do my hood but I have always thought about getting the ABS hood insulation the one with the Ford oval. I started thinking after seeing that how would that ABS look if it was either wrapped or painted in a similar fashion but with the ford oval being left black to either be back painted Ford corporate blue with white oval and text or just do silver oval and text.

havent made no real progress on photoshop how ever as I dont have enough experience with it on manipulating a background separate from a foreground layer so I can try and fit the background of the flag pattern into a drawing of the ABS hood insulation.

Probably be something I wont do but the idea did seem interesting and if I ever change my mind I could just simply replace the ABS plastic panel since its not actually painted to the hood itself.