Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

That's a rough day, even for you, but especially for your niece. Puts starters and piles of wood that need splitting in perspective.

It sure does.

And tomorrow is another day (hopefully)

I'm going to lick this bushing and needle bearing somehow without proper tools, and get this case back in the truck to drive home.

I think Steph will be ok.

It sure does.

And tomorrow is another day (hopefully)

I'm going to lick this bushing and needle bearing somehow without proper tools, and get this case back in the truck to drive home.

I think Steph will be ok.

Jim - Sorry to hear about the death. That must be tough - for all of you. But good luck on the t-case! You'll get it whipped, I'm sure.

Bob - Did the Bronco see a bit more solid today? I'd think that piece you put in would stiffen it up some. But glad you are getting to use it. Must feel good. :nabble_smiley_good:

.... Bob - Did the Bronco see a bit more solid today? I'd think that piece you put in would stiffen it up some. But glad you are getting to use it. Must feel good. :nabble_smiley_good:

I've been driving it quite a bit for the last week and a half or so, and yes, it feels good! Today I mainly needed it for moving the log splitter down and up that hill. But since it was here... We needed gas for both the splitter and the pontoon boat. It was going to be a busy day, but I still took the time too drop the top and we took the Bronco into town to buy gas!

And to tell the truth, I never really noticed it feeling too flexible before. It was just clear that it had sagged because the passenger door wouldn't open or close well. That's definitely better now, but not perfect. I'm sure it's stiffer, and will stay where it is. But the door alignment isn't as good as it was a year or two ago. I might do something about that some time, but then again, it works, so I might not get around to it. I'll have to see if Lesley complains about it. It is her door!

.... Bob - Did the Bronco see a bit more solid today? I'd think that piece you put in would stiffen it up some. But glad you are getting to use it. Must feel good. :nabble_smiley_good:

I've been driving it quite a bit for the last week and a half or so, and yes, it feels good! Today I mainly needed it for moving the log splitter down and up that hill. But since it was here... We needed gas for both the splitter and the pontoon boat. It was going to be a busy day, but I still took the time too drop the top and we took the Bronco into town to buy gas!

And to tell the truth, I never really noticed it feeling too flexible before. It was just clear that it had sagged because the passenger door wouldn't open or close well. That's definitely better now, but not perfect. I'm sure it's stiffer, and will stay where it is. But the door alignment isn't as good as it was a year or two ago. I might do something about that some time, but then again, it works, so I might not get around to it. I'll have to see if Lesley complains about it. It is her door!

Haven't done much to the F350 in a few weeks, so today I painted the front shock towers in preparation for mounting them on the frame. I also sprayed some hornets that had made a nest behind the rear bumper.

Jim - Cool! I want pics as that may be the way I go.

As for what I did with, not to, my truck today - drove it to 16 places in "my little town", to borrow a Paul Simon phrase. I was taking the flier for the get-together around, and I got them posted in 14 of those places. But it took me almost two hours as I got into several conversations about trucks. :nabble_smiley_good:

In fact, I think I recruited someone for this forum today. DeWayne, from Skiatook Auto Parts, if you are reading this you found the right place. :nabble_anim_handshake:

However, going to 16 different places meant a lot of low-speed turns, and I noticed a repeated clunk as I was turning. Seemed like it was pretty much straight ahead of the driver, and happened as I was changing directions with the steering. Guess I need to check things out. Maybe the frame at the steering box, or a rivet, or.... Wish I knew where there was a TSB on that. :nabble_anim_confused:

Fought with a broken exhaust pipe to manifold bolt. Rough day, but glad we got this done before the AC went back in, if not, the inner fender well would have had to be taken out. Had to order some stuff and it set us back a little, i wanted to do the AC next weekend, but it looks like exhaust next weekend, then AC. I hope we get him done before the virtual truck show.

Fought with a broken exhaust pipe to manifold bolt. Rough day, but glad we got this done before the AC went back in, if not, the inner fender well would have had to be taken out. Had to order some stuff and it set us back a little, i wanted to do the AC next weekend, but it looks like exhaust next weekend, then AC. I hope we get him done before the virtual truck show.

I replaced every single vacuum line under the hood. Even though 90% of the check valves and gadgets were there, previous management had connected everything Willy-nilly.

Question, I bought a soup can vac reservoir and mounted on the inner fender well only to find that there was a smaller reservoir already inline to the air bypass valve. Is this right?

Another "what I've done WITH my truck", but at least I'm on the right day.

We had that big wind storm last summer at my parents cabin. Earlier this year I was cutting up some of the downed trees. Today it was time to split some of the wood. But I didn't want to haul the big log sections up to the road. So the Bronco helped out by pushing the log splitter down to the logs, and then pulling it back up the hill at the end of the day. The hill is steeper than it looks in the picture. I wasn't sure I'd be able to back up it on damp dirt with some grass and leaves. But with the front locker engaged it walked right up (I didn't try with the front open).

(And the logs shown in the picture are about a third of what's in this location. There are a lot more piles around the property and a LOT more trees still to cut up.)

More log splitting today. In addition to pushing the splitter down the hill again I also ran my utility trailer down twice to carry wood out. (Most of the wood we split we stacked near where we split it, but some of the biggest logs were a lot closer to the cabin. So rather than tote it to the wood pile we used the trailer to haul it up to the garage.) No pictures with the trailer, but it was a bit of a challenge! The trailer is about the same width as the Bronco, and fitting it and the Bronco resulted in the Bronco kissing a tree a bit. Fortunately it was mostly on the new rash rail, so the door just got a couple small scratches.

Then the full trailer was a bit much to pull up the hill. I made it with the first load on about the fifth attempt backing up the hill, and then had a hard time making the turn onto the driveway. So after pushing the trailer down for the second trip I turned the Bronco around. Pulling it up forward with the second load went much better.

Here's one more picture with the splitter, at the end of the day.

DSC_0591.jpg.1cb18effc015e40f1b0505a21720632d.jpg

And here's most of the weekend's work, a little over 3 full cords. I split it and Lesley stacked it!

DSC_0599.jpg.102e767aec28853849ebd119438ff6e2.jpg

More log splitting today. In addition to pushing the splitter down the hill again I also ran my utility trailer down twice to carry wood out. (Most of the wood we split we stacked near where we split it, but some of the biggest logs were a lot closer to the cabin. So rather than tote it to the wood pile we used the trailer to haul it up to the garage.) No pictures with the trailer, but it was a bit of a challenge! The trailer is about the same width as the Bronco, and fitting it and the Bronco resulted in the Bronco kissing a tree a bit. Fortunately it was mostly on the new rash rail, so the door just got a couple small scratches.

Then the full trailer was a bit much to pull up the hill. I made it with the first load on about the fifth attempt backing up the hill, and then had a hard time making the turn onto the driveway. So after pushing the trailer down for the second trip I turned the Bronco around. Pulling it up forward with the second load went much better.

And here's most of the weekend's work, a little over 3 full cords. I split it and Lesley stacked it!

Proud of her work.

You've certainly got a keeper there! :nabble_smiley_good:

The two of you certainly made a dent in those toppled trees.

Should keep you toasty for a while.

Wow! That's a lot of WORK! (Maynard G. Krebs)

I can't even imagine trying to back the Bronco up the hill with the trailer. I'm just not that good at backing, and trying to fit it and the trailer between the trees doesn't sound like fun. But pulling it would be a different story, and put weight on the rear tires.

Aren't you glad you have the rash rail? It'll be time for one on the other side soon. :nabble_smiley_wink:

By the way, when are you going to enter it in the show? And, for that matter, how 'bout you, Jim?

Wow! That's a lot of WORK! (Maynard G. Krebs)

I can't even imagine trying to back the Bronco up the hill with the trailer. I'm just not that good at backing, and trying to fit it and the trailer between the trees doesn't sound like fun. But pulling it would be a different story, and put weight on the rear tires.

Aren't you glad you have the rash rail? It'll be time for one on the other side soon. :nabble_smiley_wink:

By the way, when are you going to enter it in the show? And, for that matter, how 'bout you, Jim?

I wasn't backing the TRAILER up the hill, just the Bronco, pulling the trailer from the front hitch. That had seemed easier after "backing" the trailer while driving the Bronco forward down the hill. But on the second trip I unhooked after pushing the trailer down, backed the Bronco alone up the hill, turned around and backed back down so I could drive the Bronco forward up the hill pulling the trailer. That made it a lot easier to maneuver.