Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

This is a huge bummer! I'm not finding that part either, and the t-cases I find on-line are very expensive.

I know you have lots of parts on hand, but have you check Craigslist for someone selling a t-case locally?

Um, I'm in a town of 650

In Vermont, with no wheels because Bill has gone to the beach house.

The nearest junk yard is 45-50 minutes away in Greenfield, and Marty says she can order one in, but no returns, no warranty, pay up front.

I don't know how CL would help me.

I don't know what I'd do if I DID somehow find a Manual Slip Yoke 1356 more local than Greenfield.

This is a huge bummer! I'm not finding that part either, and the t-cases I find on-line are very expensive.

This "kit" illustrates the part and does not have a disclaimer like the one Jonathan referenced.

https://www.riversidegear.com/4x4-transfer-cases-and-parts/ford-transfer-case-parts/1356-borg---warner-transfer-case/borg-warner-1356-repair-kit-with-oil-pump.html

This "kit" illustrates the part and does not have a disclaimer like the one Jonathan referenced.

https://www.riversidegear.com/4x4-transfer-cases-and-parts/ford-transfer-case-parts/1356-borg---warner-transfer-case/borg-warner-1356-repair-kit-with-oil-pump.html

Eeeesh!

If I hadn't already laid out for (and received) everything in that kit, and more I would be very tempted.

You really are "the finder", David!

And I'm always appreciative of your efforts. :nabble_anim_handshake:

Eeeesh!

If I hadn't already laid out for (and received) everything in that kit, and more I would be very tempted.

You really are "the finder", David!

One of the disclaimers I took a screen shot from is Riverside Gear... but just the pump kit not the full rebuild kit. I would certainly call and verify that it has it before ordering... but as you already mentioned it’s not worth buying the whole kit just for the arm since you bought the rest from other sources 😔

:nabble_smiley_good:

Another "what I've done WITH my truck", but at least I'm on the right day.

We had that big wind storm last summer at my parents cabin. Earlier this year I was cutting up some of the downed trees. Today it was time to split some of the wood. But I didn't want to haul the big log sections up to the road. So the Bronco helped out by pushing the log splitter down to the logs, and then pulling it back up the hill at the end of the day. The hill is steeper than it looks in the picture. I wasn't sure I'd be able to back up it on damp dirt with some grass and leaves. But with the front locker engaged it walked right up (I didn't try with the front open).

(And the logs shown in the picture are about a third of what's in this location. There are a lot more piles around the property and a LOT more trees still to cut up.)

DSC_0572.jpg.e425ceb4108d1fdc535473ca1b4ced4f.jpg

Another "what I've done WITH my truck", but at least I'm on the right day.

We had that big wind storm last summer at my parents cabin. Earlier this year I was cutting up some of the downed trees. Today it was time to split some of the wood. But I didn't want to haul the big log sections up to the road. So the Bronco helped out by pushing the log splitter down to the logs, and then pulling it back up the hill at the end of the day. The hill is steeper than it looks in the picture. I wasn't sure I'd be able to back up it on damp dirt with some grass and leaves. But with the front locker engaged it walked right up (I didn't try with the front open).

(And the logs shown in the picture are about a third of what's in this location. There are a lot more piles around the property and a LOT more trees still to cut up.)

Front hitches are a joy!

That short wheelbase and overhangs make the Bronco really maneuverable.

Front hitches are a joy!

I'd hoped to have pictures of my shiny rebuilt T-case in the truck. 😎

But a few things got in my way.

This morning I'm fighting with the needle bearing inside the planetary.

I get a call from my buddy Bill.

He's down at the General store stuck in front of the gas pump.

Thinks his battery clamp is corroded or something...

I grab a wrench, some sandpaper and hop on the YZ to ride down to town.

Push the truck out from in front the only pump.

Nope.... the copper braid from solenoid to starter is GLOWING.

I take the Crescent wrench and carefully jumper the gap while he cranks it over.

He gets it back up to the house and I online order a starter from CarQuest down in North Adams.

He hops in the Camaro while I go under his '11 Ram 1500.

The damn Cat is a zillion degrees and it's really tight.

Then I realize I'm going to have to drop the front driveshaft if I hope to get it unbolted! 😵

Really???

Back on the TC I get a call from my older niece.

Her father died while out riding his motorcycle this morning. 😟

Could I help her out?

Watch her 5 Y.O. while she went to the hospital in Danbury before he gets carted to the M.E. in Farmington and gets cut up.

Could I offer her a place to sleep and grieve?

That all knocked the wind out of my sails for today.

But I did get the starter changed! :nabble_smiley_good:

Front hitches are a joy!

Yeah, I have a front hitch on both my pickup and Bronco. The Bronco is mainly for the receiver-mount winch, but it gets used pushing trailers occasionally.

And the Bronco's size (and locking differentials) is why it's in this picture rather than my truck. I had to take the driveshaft out of the Bronco to tow it to the cabin, then put it back in on the gravel driveway. But it was worth it because the Bronco BARELY fit between the trees at the top of the hill, and BARELY made the turn back onto the driveway after backing up the hill. No way I could've done that with my crew cab F-250! And on the damp ground I had a lot more confidence in a Detroit rear and OX front than I did the True Trac rear and open front of the pickup. Plus if worse came to worse I could put the winch on the back of the Bronco and pull it up.

I'd hoped to have pictures of my shiny rebuilt T-case in the truck. 😎

But a few things got in my way.

This morning I'm fighting with the needle bearing inside the planetary.

I get a call from my buddy Bill.

He's down at the General store stuck in front of the gas pump.

Thinks his battery clamp is corroded or something...

I grab a wrench, some sandpaper and hop on the YZ to ride down to town.

Push the truck out from in front the only pump.

Nope.... the copper braid from solenoid to starter is GLOWING.

I take the Crescent wrench and carefully jumper the gap while he cranks it over.

He gets it back up to the house and I online order a starter from CarQuest down in North Adams.

He hops in the Camaro while I go under his '11 Ram 1500.

The damn Cat is a zillion degrees and it's really tight.

Then I realize I'm going to have to drop the front driveshaft if I hope to get it unbolted! 😵

Really???

Back on the TC I get a call from my older niece.

Her father died while out riding his motorcycle this morning. 😟

Could I help her out?

Watch her 5 Y.O. while she went to the hospital in Danbury before he gets carted to the M.E. in Farmington and gets cut up.

Could I offer her a place to sleep and grieve?

That all knocked the wind out of my sails for today.

But I did get the starter changed! :nabble_smiley_good:

That's a rough day, even for you, but especially for your niece. Puts starters and piles of wood that need splitting in perspective.