Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

.... Where I live Raptors seem especially popular among those whose idea of "The off road experience" is the occasional cobblestone driveway. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Raptors are still cool trucks! And for the majority of people who buy rather than build their vehicles, I think it's great that they're available.

.... Where I live Raptors seem especially popular among those whose idea of "The off road experience" is the occasional cobblestone driveway. :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

Raptors are still cool trucks! And for the majority of people who buy rather than build their vehicles, I think it's great that they're available.

Right.

But it's nothing a soccer mom or 16 year old suburban kid needs for her 16th birthday.

...... and yet!

I can see a luxurious crew cab dually 5th wheel truck costing that kind of coin.

If you drive all day, every day, have it as nice as you can.

Right.

But it's nothing a soccer mom or 16 year old suburban kid needs for her 16th birthday.

...... and yet!

I can see a luxurious crew cab dually 5th wheel truck costing that kind of coin.

If you drive all day, every day, have it as nice as you can.

The ‘81 dragged the big F into the yard today... steering disconnected and no second person to operate the brakes... it was a s-l-o-w chock block to chock block pull 🙄

6026BBD5-369D-4512-9386-6FE6FD43F4AF.jpeg.db749a9a9bb7f15ea220470e04973ccf.jpeg

Not my truck but related. Started stubbing out electric to run to the shop build. 4 circuits to run. One for the compressor. One for the generator feedback and two for lights and tools. Romex from box, thhn in the conduit back to Romex in the shop. Except the generator that's being piped under with thhn all the way for cost.

IMG_20200724_112121.jpg.28136ffa931d2a30c1b06e984203fbba.jpg

IMG_20200724_112113.jpg.19ed079811a7f2a5ff2e7745e8128b33.jpg

Not my truck but related. Started stubbing out electric to run to the shop build. 4 circuits to run. One for the compressor. One for the generator feedback and two for lights and tools. Romex from box, thhn in the conduit back to Romex in the shop. Except the generator that's being piped under with thhn all the way for cost.

Good job!

I've done some ridiculous pulls before. (Like over 600')

You DO know we have a garage and shop section too?

Maybe you'd want to share the whole build with us? :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Good job!

I must have missed that. I will have to start a thread.

Good job!

I must have missed that. I will have to start a thread.

Well, other than making a lot of sawdust I managed to get the snap ring free and pull the chain and sprockets.

Then the pump.

Then the retainer for the planetaries.

The shift indicator, the breather, and selector.

I burned my hand for a half hour grinding down an inch and a half socket to fit the front yoke.

Either it HAD no fluid or it all boiled off.

The chain and discs are blue.

The wear fingers are molten.

The shaft inside the pump does not look good.

(The forum is too slow to load pictures now)

Well, other than making a lot of sawdust I managed to get the snap ring free and pull the chain and sprockets.

Then the pump.

Then the retainer for the planetaries.

The shift indicator, the breather, and selector.

I burned my hand for a half hour grinding down an inch and a half socket to fit the front yoke.

Either it HAD no fluid or it all boiled off.

The chain and discs are blue.

The wear fingers are molten.

The shaft inside the pump does not look good.

(The forum is too slow to load pictures now)

Yes, the forum is slow. But Pedro is working his magic this weekend, and we may get to move to a better server soon.

On the t-case, is it time to cut your losses and get another from the salvage and rebuild it? I sounds like you have lots of problems.

Yes, the forum is slow. But Pedro is working his magic this weekend, and we may get to move to a better server soon.

On the t-case, is it time to cut your losses and get another from the salvage and rebuild it? I sounds like you have lots of problems.

No "local" salvage has one.

I can find one in Albany or New Hampshire but if I could drive there I'd drive back to Connecticut and go to work.

I think the shafts and gears are fine.

Parts I can ordered delivered.

So I need to wait on some stuff....

Did I tell you Vermont is beautiful!?!