Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I got under my truck today.

But was foiled by garbage tools from the chain store that was open on Sunday.

It's ugly.

But before I lose my mind and throw it off the hill I'm going to go to a real store tomorrow, and buy a real pair of snap ring pliers.

Those snap rings are tough to get out with very good pliers. I can't imagine trying with cheap ones. Hope you get it apart, but what's on the ground doesn't look good.

And, it is a great looking Camaro!

Those snap rings are tough to get out with very good pliers. I can't imagine trying with cheap ones. Hope you get it apart, but what's on the ground doesn't look good.

And, it is a great looking Camaro!

I'm in the epicenter of tool manufacturing a century ago, and I can't find a worthwhile pair of pliers. 😢

Miller's Falls, Greenfield Tap & Die and many others thrived on the banks of the Greenfield, Deerfield and Connecticut rivers.

I did go by the former site of Yankee Rowe, the third operable nuclear power plant in the U.S..

It's about 5 miles up the river.

I wish there was something left to take a tour of...

That plant was historic, and functioned for a LONG time.

Tomorrow (today, it's 3:15) I take the Ram over to the sawmill, get the wood I first came here for.

Go on the hunt for a new pump.

Find a decent pair of ratcheting pliers.

And weld up the arm if it hasn't been destroyed.

I hope these shafts survived!

The kit should be here Tuesday.

I also visited my shop compressor (which evidently needs rings or valves 😣)

IMG_20200719_080727.jpg.75a4988b0635f94e232e8569f23566e2.jpg

(We were discussing drain valves and isolators)

My Beemer... also broken and neglected in a corner of the garage, and my shop work bench.

IMG_20200719_115556.jpg.2e54bc0267e697d0b31ebf8ded636441.jpg

IMG_20200719_115604.jpg.4e76ea7e376d97fb2fa23274ee744ae8.jpg

My friend Bill is a good guy,but the has the mechanical aptitude of a goldfish.

(Edit in pics.)

I'm in the epicenter of tool manufacturing a century ago, and I can't find a worthwhile pair of pliers. 😢

Miller's Falls, Greenfield Tap & Die and many others thrived on the banks of the Greenfield, Deerfield and Connecticut rivers.

I did go by the former site of Yankee Rowe, the third operable nuclear power plant in the U.S..

It's about 5 miles up the river.

I wish there was something left to take a tour of...

That plant was historic, and functioned for a LONG time.

Tomorrow (today, it's 3:15) I take the Ram over to the sawmill, get the wood I first came here for.

Go on the hunt for a new pump.

Find a decent pair of ratcheting pliers.

And weld up the arm if it hasn't been destroyed.

I hope these shafts survived!

The kit should be here Tuesday.

I also visited my shop compressor (which evidently needs rings or valves 😣)

(We were discussing drain valves and isolators)

My Beemer... also broken and neglected in a corner of the garage, and my shop work bench.

My friend Bill is a good guy,but the has the mechanical aptitude of a goldfish.

(Edit in pics.)

Sounds like an interesting area.

On the Beemer, are those the detachable panniers that had a triangular bump-out on the back with a recess for the lock? We had a set of those on our XS11, and it seems like they were from Samsonite.

Anyway, the bike looks sad. Needs TLC. As does the compressor.

Hope you can get the tools and that the parts fix it right up. Good luck!

Sounds like an interesting area.

On the Beemer, are those the detachable panniers that had a triangular bump-out on the back with a recess for the lock? We had a set of those on our XS11, and it seems like they were from Samsonite.

Anyway, the bike looks sad. Needs TLC. As does the compressor.

Hope you can get the tools and that the parts fix it right up. Good luck!

Those are not the older (skinny) Hepco Becker bags, they are the new generation BMW "Touring" bags.

They have a rectangular recess to fit in the panniers racks.

You can see I also have the 'rump rack' installed behind the /6 style seat.

That's great for bedrolls, tent poles etc... while these cases are deep enough to hold a full face helmet.

I have custom 'tote' style bag liners. So if I stop at a motel or something, we can lock our helmets up and walk in with soft luggage.

Those are not the older (skinny) Hepco Becker bags, they are the new generation BMW "Touring" bags.

They have a rectangular recess to fit in the panniers racks.

You can see I also have the 'rump rack' installed behind the /6 style seat.

That's great for bedrolls, tent poles etc... while these cases are deep enough to hold a full face helmet.

I have custom 'tote' style bag liners. So if I stop at a motel or something, we can lock our helmets up and walk in with soft luggage.

That's cool, Jim. The Samsonite stuff we had was similar in that we just turned a key and could take the pieces into a hotel with us. We put in many miles that way.

I naturally had to key them the same as my seat and ignition....

For the last couple of weeks I've been neglecting my truck. I'm watching myself go right back down the same briar patch I did with the F150. But my list of mods to the red Ranger are short, and I intend to keep it that way so that I can get back to the F350 as soon as possible. But Covid isn't helping with that either.

For the last couple of weeks I've been neglecting my truck. I'm watching myself go right back down the same briar patch I did with the F150. But my list of mods to the red Ranger are short, and I intend to keep it that way so that I can get back to the F350 as soon as possible. But Covid isn't helping with that either.

same problem I am in. havent ran my 56 in some 5 weeks now something comes up every time I go to charge the battery and run it. My truck looks like will be sitting another year for the engine due to the virus really screwing up my gungho push to get it done this year. Hopefully another check comes out so I can pay my holley sniper bill off on paypal credit at least then I could use paypal credit to buy the rest of the stuff I need for my EFI conversion that isnt but $700.