Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Gary/Jim,

Currently for mockup I had a 2"open hole but have debated on a 1 or 2 inch 4 hole spacer. 1 inch would probably give me my hood clearance back...it will be close.

The carburetor is a QUICK fuel 750 brawler. It's a fancy Holley 750 double pumper but with added adjustable air bleeds, 4 corner idle adjustments, a different style kickdown linkage that's adjustable and larger sight glasses for float adjustments. Uses Holley parts.

Shaun - My SiL and I've both said we will never rent from U-Haul again. And he plans to do whatever he can to make them pay for this debacle. But I'm not sure what he can do. We shall see.

As for Blue, Janey's already asked me that. The answer is no. They made it to a stopping point tonight and will finish up the trip with a 3 hour drive tomorrow - hopefully incident free. And my stomach is better.

Angelo - I don't know about spacers. But if 1" will give the hood clearance then that sounds good. And if the intake has four holes I'd match it. Just my thinking.

Shaun - My SiL and I've both said we will never rent from U-Haul again. And he plans to do whatever he can to make them pay for this debacle. But I'm not sure what he can do. We shall see.

As for Blue, Janey's already asked me that. The answer is no. They made it to a stopping point tonight and will finish up the trip with a 3 hour drive tomorrow - hopefully incident free. And my stomach is better.

Angelo - I don't know about spacers. But if 1" will give the hood clearance then that sounds good. And if the intake has four holes I'd match it. Just my thinking.

Good to hear!

Today I received my new to me HVAC control panel, and someday I'll get them swapped around and eventually swap to dual tanks at a much later date.

Tomorrow I'll be picking up my new vehicle. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Gary the intake is just a regular dual plane manifold. No holes.

Angelo - If so, then I'd go with an open spacer.

See that's thing...there is so much conflicting information on what works. I think I'm going to go back to a 1" 4 hole for clearance though. The list is getting shorter every day though. I excited as heck.

Snapchat-1276944543.thumb.jpg.259b2ae3970791dcaa6ee369fbb7d271.jpg

Started doing this yesterday.

Cool! Tell us more, Angelo?

I got under my truck today.

But was foiled by garbage tools from the chain store that was open on Sunday.

IMG_20200719_172056.jpg.f9508a464d2f15c6cd681d750eb5fe2c.jpg

IMG_20200719_191125.jpg.d93ade61f6d372c4823633f788979e43.jpg

IMG_20200719_191131.thumb.jpg.f077cb05f1949b4d944fa367390fcba3.jpg

It's ugly.

But before I lose my mind and throw it off the hill I'm going to go to a real store tomorrow, and buy a real pair of snap ring pliers.

I got under my truck today.

But was foiled by garbage tools from the chain store that was open on Sunday.

It's ugly.

But before I lose my mind and throw it off the hill I'm going to go to a real store tomorrow, and buy a real pair of snap ring pliers.

Bill has one of those 'French' cars in the garage.

This one has 3.73's and a Detroit locker.

IMG_20200719_133307.jpg.3fa07f3ea3dd3965ec501b736d8982c1.jpg

IMG_20200719_133230.jpg.b60c8d0168bc0fce0422f2c5939ddacd.jpg