Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Anyway, your RPM's are higher than I would have expected with your 2.75 gears and the OD. Have you compared to what our calculator says? Maybe your tach is reading high?

Just for comparison, my truck, with 4 speed manual OD [.71, I believe] turns ~1950 RPMs @ 70 mph. The differential is 3.08 and tires are 215/75 X 15.

Anyway, your RPM's are higher than I would have expected with your 2.75 gears and the OD. Have you compared to what our calculator says? Maybe your tach is reading high?

Just for comparison, my truck, with 4 speed manual OD [.71, I believe] turns ~1950 RPMs @ 70 mph. The differential is 3.08 and tires are 215/75 X 15.

20200708_233751.jpg.ecbff81cdccf6330404ce2df8e435652.jpg20200708_233740.jpg.402ce06e9e51d7d42fc5ce6e8c3fc98e.jpg20200708_233734.jpg.c41b82950505663111262cd16ca1d006.jpg

Havent done much to dads bull this week (I have to update that since we did do some stuff to it), but I did start mocking up.my top end for my 79 and had to snap a few pics...shes not all there though!

Havent done much to dads bull this week (I have to update that since we did do some stuff to it), but I did start mocking up.my top end for my 79 and had to snap a few pics...shes not all there though!

Nice!

I remember being a kid and spending what seemed like hours in the local Moroso store gawking.

Those gold valve covers would have had me transfixed.

What's usually with the spacer?

Are you running a Quadrajet?

Nice!

I remember being a kid and spending what seemed like hours in the local Moroso store gawking.

Those gold valve covers would have had me transfixed.

What's usually with the spacer?

Are you running a Quadrajet?

Yes, very nice! But I'm with Jim - that's a spreadbore adapter. What's the plan, Stan? The Q-Jet is one of my favorite carbs.

Yes, very nice! But I'm with Jim - that's a spreadbore adapter. What's the plan, Stan? The Q-Jet is one of my favorite carbs.

How about what I did yesterday. After I bought my truck back in 86, I had an alarm put on it....arming key in the front fender, motion detection, lights and siren. A couple years ago it starting giving me some problems and, as such, I basically disabled it. Yesterday, I spent the day disconnecting the mess as I felt it may be a source for some electrical problems. While in the process, I pulled one of plugs off the headlight and noted the incredible amount of corrosion. Am thinking now that I need to do the headlight mod.

IMG_06481388.jpg.38223a5df456e51bc29aaf8b3182db77.jpg

IMG_06581389.jpg.fe4bac4aeea7e71ac5b65bc9e80b6db4.jpg

How about what I did yesterday. After I bought my truck back in 86, I had an alarm put on it....arming key in the front fender, motion detection, lights and siren. A couple years ago it starting giving me some problems and, as such, I basically disabled it. Yesterday, I spent the day disconnecting the mess as I felt it may be a source for some electrical problems. While in the process, I pulled one of plugs off the headlight and noted the incredible amount of corrosion. Am thinking now that I need to do the headlight mod.

That's not the most corrosion I've seen, but it is concerning. However, the headlight relay mod fixes that as well as other ills in the headlight wiring. I'd highly recommend it.

The contacts on the bulb look pretty clean.

There really is no downside to the relay harness.

I did have one of LMC's relays rust out, but that was my fault for mounting them horizontally.

The contacts on the bulb look pretty clean.

There really is no downside to the relay harness.

I did have one of LMC's relays rust out, but that was my fault for mounting them horizontally.

Update on the U-Fail debacle. The tire that AAA put on here in the Tulsa area two days ago blew out today in eastern TN. The guy that came out said the previous guy put a used tire on, which is probably what he was told to do. But this guy put two new tires on.

However, he said the tire has rubbed on something and suspects a broken spring pack. But the kids have weighed the truck and they are 2000 lbs under the limit.

As for the Subie, our daughter said "She's just particular about how long she stops for. Once we stop she would like to rest for awhile, thank you very much!" And our SiL said "As long as we don't stop and cool off we are fine." I take all of that to mean that the car is going to push out a certain amount of coolant on each drive, and if you stop and take off again it'll push out more.

As a father and grandfather, THIS IS VERY CONCERNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update on the U-Fail debacle. The tire that AAA put on here in the Tulsa area two days ago blew out today in eastern TN. The guy that came out said the previous guy put a used tire on, which is probably what he was told to do. But this guy put two new tires on.

However, he said the tire has rubbed on something and suspects a broken spring pack. But the kids have weighed the truck and they are 2000 lbs under the limit.

As for the Subie, our daughter said "She's just particular about how long she stops for. Once we stop she would like to rest for awhile, thank you very much!" And our SiL said "As long as we don't stop and cool off we are fine." I take all of that to mean that the car is going to push out a certain amount of coolant on each drive, and if you stop and take off again it'll push out more.

As a father and grandfather, THIS IS VERY CONCERNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Blue about to go on a thousand mile drive? Or are a couple very unhappy emails/phone calls going to be placed Monday morning? Uhaul should refund the rental fee at this point.

That's not the most corrosion I've seen, but it is concerning. However, the headlight relay mod fixes that as well as other ills in the headlight wiring. I'd highly recommend it.

Gary/Jim,

Currently for mockup I had a 2"open hole but have debated on a 1 or 2 inch 4 hole spacer. 1 inch would probably give me my hood clearance back...it will be close.

The carburetor is a QUICK fuel 750 brawler. It's a fancy Holley 750 double pumper but with added adjustable air bleeds, 4 corner idle adjustments, a different style kickdown linkage that's adjustable and larger sight glasses for float adjustments. Uses Holley parts.