Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Beautiful photos of you truck, Cory! I know it was well received at both drive-ins! :nabble_anim_claps:

Thanks David!

Ya know, going to the second drive-in event that was further from home was pretty cool...just to go somewhere different. I was excited about actually going to some car shows this season, but with the Covid of course they are all cancelled. Oh well...there's always next year! In the meantime, I'll take in what I can.

I had at least one guy stop by and let me know that although he wasn't a Ford guy, he still thought the truck looked great!

Going to have a look at another truck in the weeds this weekend. It's not even all that far away...maybe 50 miles. I stopped by the other day but the guy wasn't home. I didn't get to look at it too closely, but it is obviously a 1980-1981 (Certification label was missing). It is a 300/6 truck with auto trans, 4x4 Flareside (Bed is disassembled and stored in the house). The Swiss Cheese frame is in questionable condition...it would need a little bit of repair work at the least, if not complete replacement.

IMG_1533.jpg.2a645b3cf69a9adee0c0986a7ccb6340.jpg

Going to have a look at another truck in the weeds this weekend. It's not even all that far away...maybe 50 miles. I stopped by the other day but the guy wasn't home. I didn't get to look at it too closely, but it is obviously a 1980-1981 (Certification label was missing). It is a 300/6 truck with auto trans, 4x4 Flareside (Bed is disassembled and stored in the house). The Swiss Cheese frame is in questionable condition...it would need a little bit of repair work at the least, if not complete replacement.

I like that one! :nabble_smiley_good:

Cory - Is the frame rusted? If so, what does that portend for the rest of the truck? And is the front bumper on crooked or is that just what the pic shows?

Just thinking about the amount of work involved. But it is a Flareside and 4wd, which ticks some boxes.

Very nice Cory!

I'd definitely do a follow up on that one. :nabble_smiley_good:

Cory - Is the frame rusted? If so, what does that portend for the rest of the truck? And is the front bumper on crooked or is that just what the pic shows?

Just thinking about the amount of work involved. But it is a Flareside and 4wd, which ticks some boxes.

Gary,

Frame is rusty, yes...but I've certainly seen a lot worse. I didn't get underneath to get a real good look at it, but the truck had been undercoated at some point in it's life, and that's a good thing. It doesn't save them completely, but often times it makes them worth fixing. I don't mind patching holes...but I do have limits in how much work I'm willing to take on. Once the front cab mounts collapse, I'm out. Cab corners and holes in the floor are one thing, but once the structure starts to sag on the frame...Rembrant is out.

I can't go see it until the weekend, so I won't have any more info until then. He claims that the Flareside bed is in pretty decent condition, so we'll see.

Gary,

Frame is rusty, yes...but I've certainly seen a lot worse. I didn't get underneath to get a real good look at it, but the truck had been undercoated at some point in it's life, and that's a good thing. It doesn't save them completely, but often times it makes them worth fixing. I don't mind patching holes...but I do have limits in how much work I'm willing to take on. Once the front cab mounts collapse, I'm out. Cab corners and holes in the floor are one thing, but once the structure starts to sag on the frame...Rembrant is out.

I can't go see it until the weekend, so I won't have any more info until then. He claims that the Flareside bed is in pretty decent condition, so we'll see.

I hope it is something you are interested in!

Interesting... front bumper with guards and no rubber strips on the bumper.

I did this FOR my truck today....

IMG_20200627_201645.thumb.jpg.3062b5704849039a4bd552fa200b970a.jpg

Tired of waiting on people who don't follow through.

I'm into a one week crunch to fix up a house between tenants.

But I'll revisit my ring gear problem next week.

I did this FOR my truck today....

Tired of waiting on people who don't follow through.

I'm into a one week crunch to fix up a house between tenants.

But I'll revisit my ring gear problem next week.

Good luck on the fix-up. Hope it goes really well.

Good luck on the fix-up. Hope it goes really well.

And this morning (a couple of blocks from the job a woman (who appeared VERY pregnant) threw her Denali into reverse at a stop sign and folded my bumper into the filler below my grille. :nabble_smiley_angry:

"Oh. I didn't even see you were behind me"

... I was behind you for two blocks before you pulled half way into the intersection.

I stopped at the stop line, adjacent to the stop sign (you blew through)

You have parking assist radar and a camera screen as big as my first television! (But in color, with lines and stuff, to show you where you're going!

Sometimes it's not worth getting out of bed.