Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

.... Last weekend I started working on the brake lines. I have most of what I need to put that together. I'm hoping to get it buttoned up this weekend. At that point it should be driveable again!....

I wrote that April 21. I guess I'm a little behind. Or was just too hopeful.

As I chronicled here, I had to take a break from the Bronco to mouse-proof my parents travel trailer. And now that it's summer we're going up to the cabin most weekends. But today I FINALLY got back to the Bronco.

Didn't get much done though. I mounted the proportioning valve to the frame and ran the brake line from the proportioning valve to the flex line that goes to the front axle. From there it Ts into hard lines that go to each knuckle where there are flex lines that go to the calipers. I kept all of that from before, so now I have lines all the way from the proportioning valve to both front brakes.

But it's too hot and humid and buggy to stay out in the garage long. So after pulling out the old hard line to the rear of the Bronco I came in and showered. So not much progress, but any is good, right?

(edit to add: this project picks up again farther down page 199)

.... Last weekend I started working on the brake lines. I have most of what I need to put that together. I'm hoping to get it buttoned up this weekend. At that point it should be driveable again!....

I wrote that April 21. I guess I'm a little behind. Or was just too hopeful.

As I chronicled here, I had to take a break from the Bronco to mouse-proof my parents travel trailer. And now that it's summer we're going up to the cabin most weekends. But today I FINALLY got back to the Bronco.

Didn't get much done though. I mounted the proportioning valve to the frame and ran the brake line from the proportioning valve to the flex line that goes to the front axle. From there it Ts into hard lines that go to each knuckle where there are flex lines that go to the calipers. I kept all of that from before, so now I have lines all the way from the proportioning valve to both front brakes.

But it's too hot and humid and buggy to stay out in the garage long. So after pulling out the old hard line to the rear of the Bronco I came in and showered. So not much progress, but any is good, right?

(edit to add: this project picks up again farther down page 199)

Any progress is good!

Odd that it is hot and buggy there. It is 77 here now and we had beautiful day.

Any progress is good!

Odd that it is hot and buggy there. It is 77 here now and we had beautiful day.

It was probably near 80 here, so not a lot hotter than you. But humid, where you are breaking a sweat after just a few minutes even if you aren't moving. Remember, we Minnesotans deal with sub-zero weather without (much) complaint. Summers are tough! But seriously, it was the mosquitoes that drove me inside. The heat and humidity had made it unpleasant, but it was either wash up so I could put bug spray on, or wash up and stay inside. I opted for the latter!

It was probably near 80 here, so not a lot hotter than you. But humid, where you are breaking a sweat after just a few minutes even if you aren't moving. Remember, we Minnesotans deal with sub-zero weather without (much) complaint. Summers are tough! But seriously, it was the mosquitoes that drove me inside. The heat and humidity had made it unpleasant, but it was either wash up so I could put bug spray on, or wash up and stay inside. I opted for the latter!

Mosquitoes? My granddaughter came in complaining of them, but I went out to the creek where she and her brother had been building a dam and stayed with him a bit and didn't see any. And I went out to the lake to get the boat ready to go out tomorrow and didn't see any there either.

Speaking of the boat, that multi-port injection system sure is nice. We hadn't had the boat out in maybe 10 months and it started on the 2nd rotation and idled down perfectly.

Mosquitoes? My granddaughter came in complaining of them, but I went out to the creek where she and her brother had been building a dam and stayed with him a bit and didn't see any. And I went out to the lake to get the boat ready to go out tomorrow and didn't see any there either.

Speaking of the boat, that multi-port injection system sure is nice. We hadn't had the boat out in maybe 10 months and it started on the 2nd rotation and idled down perfectly.

You fellows should be glad you're not here. Temperature and humidity race to see who wins, many days it's a tie, once in a while the temperature will say "gotcha" and get over 100. Mosquitoes, our BSA camp has blood sucking helicopters and one of the jokes is two of them arguing over where to eat a boy, there or take him home. The reply is "if we take him home the big ones will get him". Poquoson (a city on the East side of Hampton) has legendary mosquitoes.

You fellows should be glad you're not here. Temperature and humidity race to see who wins, many days it's a tie, once in a while the temperature will say "gotcha" and get over 100. Mosquitoes, our BSA camp has blood sucking helicopters and one of the jokes is two of them arguing over where to eat a boy, there or take him home. The reply is "if we take him home the big ones will get him". Poquoson (a city on the East side of Hampton) has legendary mosquitoes.

We lived in Houston for 6 years, so understand. There was a part of the yard I hated to mow as I lost several mowers to the helicopters. I think they turn them into hovercraft.

I'm certainly not saying Minnesota has bad summers. We get to brag about our winters, so we need to take the summers off! We do actually have hot summers, made worse by humidity (land of 10,000 lakes you know). But no where near the heat and humidity of some places. Temp in the high 80s, dew point near 70 is a more typical "hot" day here. We'll top 90 several times a year, and we'll top 100 maybe once a year on average?

And I remember mosquitoes being a LOT worse when I was a kid. Maybe it was just my tolerance, but there is a Metropolitan Mosquito Control Board (or something like that) that puts chemicals is marsh water around the cities to keep the population down, and i think it actually makes a pretty big difference.

Still, it's no fun laying under a vehicle and trying to decide if you should wipe the sweat out of your eyes, or swat that mosquito, when you know that your hands are all covered in grime and you're going to have an even harder time washing up when you've smeared it all over your face, arms and clothes. So I went in.

.... Speaking of the boat, that multi-port injection system sure is nice. We hadn't had the boat out in maybe 10 months and it started on the 2nd rotation and idled down perfectly.

Yeah, we put the 3 year old pontoon boat in a couple weeks ago. After sitting all winter the fuel injected Honda 40 started on one or two rotations with no choke or opening the throttle. Just turn the key like you had just shut it down! So much different from the 25 year old motor (on a 40+ year old boat) that it replaced!

I'm certainly not saying Minnesota has bad summers. We get to brag about our winters, so we need to take the summers off! We do actually have hot summers, made worse by humidity (land of 10,000 lakes you know). But no where near the heat and humidity of some places. Temp in the high 80s, dew point near 70 is a more typical "hot" day here. We'll top 90 several times a year, and we'll top 100 maybe once a year on average?

And I remember mosquitoes being a LOT worse when I was a kid. Maybe it was just my tolerance, but there is a Metropolitan Mosquito Control Board (or something like that) that puts chemicals is marsh water around the cities to keep the population down, and i think it actually makes a pretty big difference.

Still, it's no fun laying under a vehicle and trying to decide if you should wipe the sweat out of your eyes, or swat that mosquito, when you know that your hands are all covered in grime and you're going to have an even harder time washing up when you've smeared it all over your face, arms and clothes. So I went in.

.... Speaking of the boat, that multi-port injection system sure is nice. We hadn't had the boat out in maybe 10 months and it started on the 2nd rotation and idled down perfectly.

Yeah, we put the 3 year old pontoon boat in a couple weeks ago. After sitting all winter the fuel injected Honda 40 started on one or two rotations with no choke or opening the throttle. Just turn the key like you had just shut it down! So much different from the 25 year old motor (on a 40+ year old boat) that it replaced!

Funny little thing I learned today, you can't really put the dash back in with the A/C vents installed, without the wiring harness being fastened to it first. :nabble_smiley_whistling:

At least, that's the easiest way to do it because the way I'm doing it, I'm having to fight the dash to fish the wires through and it's not fun at all. :nabble_smiley_sleep: