Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Shaun just put a new lever on his hydraulic pedal bracket, and he already has a hydraulic bellhousing so no need for failure prone mechanical linkage.

Which brings us back to, I'm 99% percent certain that a '70's car 429/460 zero balance flywheel will not fit properly, and engage the starter.

People are said to have used 390 flywheels for mechanical release bell housings.

But I don't think that works the other way.

This is why L&L has you by the nuts if want to do what was suggested.

IMPRESSIVE how far someone will drive a truck before throwing in the towel!

There's no way in hell the pedal was finding its way back over center and returning.

How many months or years were they lifting it with their toe?

Shaun just put a new lever on his hydraulic pedal bracket, and he already has a hydraulic bellhousing so no need for failure prone mechanical linkage.

Is it redneck that I drove around with a bullet casing JB Welded over that worn pin for a good 5 years? :nabble_smiley_evil:

There's no way in hell the pedal was finding its way back over center and returning.

The pedal assembly came from an 86 F350 crew cab dually with a 6.9 and a ZF5 swap, which is a lot of truck to have to self-return the pedal on. I'm honestly surprised the pin didn't come out of the lever with all of that wear, based on the two small tack welds that were holding it on.

As for the shell casing, what caliber fit around the pin? Asking for a friend...:nabble_smiley_whistling:

The pedal assembly came from an 86 F350 crew cab dually with a 6.9 and a ZF5 swap, which is a lot of truck to have to self-return the pedal on. I'm honestly surprised the pin didn't come out of the lever with all of that wear, based on the two small tack welds that were holding it on.

As for the shell casing, what caliber fit around the pin? Asking for a friend...:nabble_smiley_whistling:

I'm pretty sure it was 10mm

I remember having to trim it.

I've been a fan since the Miami Vice Bren 10 days

And I'm sure it was rimless pistol, because I used an e clip to hold the washer to the other side of the pushrod.

I'm pretty sure it was 10mm

I remember having to trim it.

I've been a fan since the Miami Vice Bren 10 days

And I'm sure it was rimless pistol, because I used an e clip to hold the washer to the other side of the pushrod.

Installed my new carb from Mike’s Carburetor Parts this afternoon. So happy. Big Six runs like a champ! One step closer to daily driver status.

5C4CED92-0FFA-4C28-B5D4-BFDADFF2783C.thumb.jpeg.c2700b35deaf22a8fac571e2cb0b9044.jpeg

I've always heard good things about Mike's. Glad the truck is running so well. :nabble_smiley_good:

Stopped by the dealer on the way to work this morning to pick up a pair of oil filters...one for the '84 302 and another for the '93 460.

Young fella at the counter happen to mention that they had Ford Racing filters in-stock if I was interested.

Ford_RacingFilter.thumb.jpg.219e13c2b2962944ba291217bd4183f8.jpg

Any benefit to running one of these on my lowly 302? I wouldn't bother with the RV. Just curious if they're worth the 2X price. Obviously I'm not racing my 302...lol.

Stopped by the dealer on the way to work this morning to pick up a pair of oil filters...one for the '84 302 and another for the '93 460.

Young fella at the counter happen to mention that they had Ford Racing filters in-stock if I was interested.

Any benefit to running one of these on my lowly 302? I wouldn't bother with the RV. Just curious if they're worth the 2X price. Obviously I'm not racing my 302...lol.

Funny

The 820 is recommended filter for Ari's V-10 Newmar motor coach.

That looks like the one my 1995 Lincoln Continental with the 4.6L DOHC engine takes.