Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Going from external to internal balance is an option I suppose.

I don't know about the deck height v available 460 rod lengths.

Definitely would need an expensive zero balance flywheel though.

Parkland (Scotty), who is a member on here, has all that information on his site. Zero balance flywheel, Mustang 1971-73 429, Torino 1970-76 with 429 CJ/SCJ. The pre-1979 trucks with the 460 may have been available with a manual transmission.

I'm sure Summit or Jegs probably has one.

Parkland (Scotty), who is a member on here, has all that information on his site. Zero balance flywheel, Mustang 1971-73 429, Torino 1970-76 with 429 CJ/SCJ. The pre-1979 trucks with the 460 may have been available with a manual transmission.

Do these mechanical release clutch flywheels have the right tooth count for our hydraulic truck bellhousings?

I know L&L make one, but....

To the best of my knowledge the 460 was only available with automatic in F-series prior to 1983

Do these mechanical release clutch flywheels have the right tooth count for our hydraulic truck bellhousings?

I know L&L make one, but....

To the best of my knowledge the 460 was only available with automatic in F-series prior to 1983

And I have the old engine out of BB, which may be a very well-worn original from a salvage. Might have a good crank, rods, etc.

Can you point out where Bill?

I have paid up for the Tech pages but don't see the flywheel info on the Parkland Performance site

And might be going right back to Flo-rid-ea! :nabble_head-rotfl-57x22_orig:

I'd be happy to do that. And, I have the flywheel, clutch, etc.

Engine has an Edelbrock intake and aluminum water pump and is complete, just the way it came out of BB.

I have no reason to believe this engine or crank is junk just yet, or that it has been previously rebuilt, I only know that it's a tired engine. I was told that it was running and driving, and everything I see so far backs up that claim, although it probably didn't run well with oil fouled plugs if that was the condition they were in when it was last run.

I thought I read on a post from Bill (NumberDummy) somewhere that the 460 didn't get a manual transmission in the trucks until 1983.

I have no reason to believe this engine or crank is junk just yet, or that it has been previously rebuilt, I only know that it's a tired engine. I was told that it was running and driving, and everything I see so far backs up that claim, although it probably didn't run well with oil fouled plugs if that was the condition they were in when it was last run.

I thought I read on a post from Bill (NumberDummy) somewhere that the 460 didn't get a manual transmission in the trucks until 1983.

True, but the 429 car housing will fit.

And the '80-'82 pedal support can fit right where Shaun has just installed the hydraulic firewall reinforcement.... :nabble_smiley_whistling:

Shaun just put a new lever on his hydraulic pedal bracket, and he already has a hydraulic bellhousing so no need for failure prone mechanical linkage.

20200529_200445.jpg.162c542d07dea78a83b2004930d90f00.jpg

20200530_105926.jpg.66b3fb765e275d3ccf213b584cb86c6f.jpg