Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

But you've got a complete 460, that's not seized and hasn't lost the backing plate (apparently)

Maybe you'll slip in a cam and lose some weight with an aluminum manifold?

That's exactly why I'm not worried, as I now have all of the brackets for the accessories, as well as the correct oil pan. That stuff alone would cost more than what I paid for this whole engine.

An upgraded camshaft and an aluminum intake are definitely on the list and a must-have. One thing I'll have to decide is whether I want to carb it, or do something like a Sniper EFI setup. But I'll have to research those options first to weigh the pros and cons of both.

But you've got a complete 460, that's not seized and hasn't lost the backing plate (apparently)

Maybe you'll slip in a cam and lose some weight with an aluminum manifold?

That's exactly why I'm not worried, as I now have all of the brackets for the accessories, as well as the correct oil pan. That stuff alone would cost more than what I paid for this whole engine.

An upgraded camshaft and an aluminum intake are definitely on the list and a must-have. One thing I'll have to decide is whether I want to carb it, or do something like a Sniper EFI setup. But I'll have to research those options first to weigh the pros and cons of both.

Do you have a good machine shop down there? I mean, :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: is still alive and ..... ripping. So, can you have one built?

Or, might you want to go with an complete engine? Maybe one from Scotty?

Do you have a good machine shop down there? I mean, :nabble_florida-man-42_orig: is still alive and ..... ripping. So, can you have one built?

Or, might you want to go with an complete engine? Maybe one from Scotty?

Never really had to research machine shops in this area, so I'll have to ask around and see who comes highly recommended and isn't related to :nabble_florida-man-42_orig:. I'm not against rebuilding the thing myself, so probably won't look into somebody else's rebuild.

Do you have a good machine shop down there? I mean, http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/florida-man-42_orig.jpg is still alive and ..... ripping. So, can you have one built?Or, might you want to go with an complete engine? Maybe one from Scotty?
Never really had to research machine shops in this area, so I'll have to ask around and see who comes highly recommended and isn't related to http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/uploads/6/5/8/7/65879365/florida-man-42_orig.jpg. I'm not against rebuilding the thing myself, so probably won't look into somebody else's rebuild.
Finally...tires on the truck!C264F2A6-EAF1-47E2-946A-53F2FEDC66C1.jpeg.2f9c06f6f59b7834dec9b4528c4f8743.jpeg

563A9FDA-C3E3-42C4-99FC-B704058EA22B.jpeg.1b341d4fa1e67532733e8cceea5d74da.jpeg

765423FE-19E4-4D2D-91B3-4431155F75BE.jpeg.c1ca9f73ba0e69b548278783284b3d5a.jpeg

Excellent! :nabble_smiley_cool:

You'll have to give a ride report when you get a few miles on them.

The weird thing is, I wrote up a ride report as part of that first post but for some reason it kept cutting off everything after the second photo. I'm sure it's just some HTML fail on my part, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway...the ride is good. Yes, the tires are a little heavier than the Mastercrafts and I can feel it going over breaks in the pavement - they 'clomp' a little harder than before. But not badly by any stretch, and the roads here are good in any case.

Noise is fine as well. At highway speeds I cannot tell any difference. At slow speeds, such as coming to a stoplight, there's a little hum that wasn't there before. But again, well within my personal tolerance.

Appearance-wise, they're A+...just the look I was going for. It will take a while to get used to them after ten years of riding on featureless doughnuts, but I think I can handle it. They may well bulge in the front as much as the Mastercrafts did, but they don't look as weak.

Finally, an oddity. Despite being nominally smaller tires (215/75 vs 235/75 before), the ride height is completely unchanged to within the precision of my yardstick - 30.75" to the top of the front left wheel opening. I had expected to lose a quarter-inch or so, but I'm glad I didn't.

P.S. I think my spare looks sharp as well.

IMG_1796.jpg.ad0e4d98366246bd31c9d555be4f5581.jpg

Excellent! :nabble_smiley_cool:

You'll have to give a ride report when you get a few miles on them.

The weird thing is, I wrote up a ride report as part of that first post but for some reason it kept cutting off everything after the second photo. I'm sure it's just some HTML fail on my part, but I couldn't find it.

Anyway...the ride is good. Yes, the tires are a little heavier than the Mastercrafts and I can feel it going over breaks in the pavement - they 'clomp' a little harder than before. But not badly by any stretch, and the roads here are good in any case.

Noise is fine as well. At highway speeds I cannot tell any difference. At slow speeds, such as coming to a stoplight, there's a little hum that wasn't there before. But again, well within my personal tolerance.

Appearance-wise, they're A+...just the look I was going for. It will take a while to get used to them after ten years of riding on featureless doughnuts, but I think I can handle it. They may well bulge in the front as much as the Mastercrafts did, but they don't look as weak.

Finally, an oddity. Despite being nominally smaller tires (215/75 vs 235/75 before), the ride height is completely unchanged to within the precision of my yardstick - 30.75" to the top of the front left wheel opening. I had expected to lose a quarter-inch or so, but I'm glad I didn't.

P.S. I think my spare looks sharp as well.

I like those tires! They're a great size for mileage, but also have a respectable tread pattern that separates them from passenger car tires.