Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

My current set of tires on the Ranger showed up to my workplace...on a Saturday. So I had to drive 30 minutes to work to pick them up, and then thirty minutes back. I had no idea when I was going to get them on since I assumed my tire shop was only open M-F, and I didn't have any of those days off for awhile. I had to drive right past my tire shop on the way home, and when I saw the doors open, I realized they are open on Saturdays 7-12, so I turned around and had them mounted.

I remember when you had those big meats in the bed of the truck, Shaun!

Ok, so how's this for a headscratcher...

I have my meter out, ready to ground the regulator.

Start the truck and zip around front.

Kick the throttle off high idle and turn the meter on.

14.45 and steady! :nabble_smiley_what:

I rev the truck, let it go to idle... no problem.

Put the meter and jumper away, close the hood and back around to leave.

Glance at the dash and the battery light is on! (Now remember, this is my exciter wire, hot in run)

WTH?

Pull onto the street and hold second so the revs climb.

The light goes back out.

The belt's not slipping.

I don't hear a bearing or see any sparks from the commutator.

I was just saying it's been great for me for 8 years or so.

Someone the other day mentioned they used to work at an auto electric shop.

They had a 3G and a PMGR they had picked.

Maybe they have some insight.

Either you drank a lot of beer, or that's some fine and mellowed corn squeezins my friend! 😄

HA!!!!!! That's about 10 years of tank made moonshine...tankoline?!? Siphoned about 5 gallons. Fresh gas, some seafoam, primed the lines by pushing gas from the hose at the fuel pump back to the tank, and cranked it over... fired up! (I had hand cranked the engine without the plugs and MMO and PB Blaster in the cylinders several times.)

HA!!!!!! That's about 10 years of tank made moonshine...tankoline?!? Siphoned about 5 gallons. Fresh gas, some seafoam, primed the lines by pushing gas from the hose at the fuel pump back to the tank, and cranked it over... fired up! (I had hand cranked the engine without the plugs and MMO and PB Blaster in the cylinders several times.)

At least it doesn't have 'water bottom' like any 6 month old ethanol gas would have today.