Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Looks good, Angelo. Hard to get all that paint off, but looks like you did and got new paint on. :nabble_anim_claps:

I was going to sandblast some of it but I was bored and needed an excuse to be in the garage since I lost a friend yesterday and needed to get my mind off it. Thanks Gary. It's coming together slowly.

Thinking about ordering rubber soon. 325s are going to look sweet on the back.

That's tough, Angelo. I've lost several and it is really a bummer. I'll add you and the family to my prayers.

Dont get mad but I my old girlfriends dad let me know that the 4X4 Flareside XLT he used to own is up for sale.

Auto, air, all power, 302, short bed.

The bad news, it's a 1992.

Sorry guys.

Good news, its 400 bucks.

I haven't seen it in 7 years so it might be trashed.

I will have more details tomorrow, its 6 hours up in Vermont.

You can't go wrong for $400. Go for it!

You can't go wrong for $400. Go for it!

So this was supposed to be my happy "look at my new tires!" post...instead, it's my disgruntled "look at some of my tires while I tell you a sad story" post. The short version is that my local shop no longer wants to be an installer for Tire Rack, so I had to go pick up my tires and take them somewhere else to be installed. When I get there, it turns out that only three of my five tires had arrived, the other two are somewhere between Atlanta and Chicago.

Behold my three tires:

IMG_1754.jpg.91840b6040ae676382303f570645dc5c.jpg

I won't know for sure until they're on the truck, but just seeing them in the bed they look just like what I had in mind. Assuming the other two arrive tomorrow, I have a late afternoon appointment scheduled at another shop, and hopefully by evening I'll be rolling on new tires.

So this was supposed to be my happy "look at my new tires!" post...instead, it's my disgruntled "look at some of my tires while I tell you a sad story" post. The short version is that my local shop no longer wants to be an installer for Tire Rack, so I had to go pick up my tires and take them somewhere else to be installed. When I get there, it turns out that only three of my five tires had arrived, the other two are somewhere between Atlanta and Chicago.

Behold my three tires:

I won't know for sure until they're on the truck, but just seeing them in the bed they look just like what I had in mind. Assuming the other two arrive tomorrow, I have a late afternoon appointment scheduled at another shop, and hopefully by evening I'll be rolling on new tires.

20200520_173729.jpg.3b2a480da4d6e3f0e20b069039692155.jpg20200520_173257.jpg.99e4e9d238c7e732637211327faec43d.jpg

Buttoned up my transmission today, and painted the bell underneath. New traction bars showed up powdercoatdd black so I sprayed them with some Daytona yellow. They are ready for installation and going to have a total 1980s look.

Behold my three tires:

And neither TireRack or the local store wanted to inform you of that before you placed your order and had them sent there??? :nabble_anim_confused:

Maybe the store is sick of being faced with the sharp end of the stick when TireRack doesn't do it's part and get the whole order there overnight?

Anyway, looks like you will be more secure on tires that aren't dry rotted.

Buttoned up my transmission today, and painted the bell underneath. New traction bars showed up powdercoatdd black so I sprayed them with some Daytona yellow. They are ready for installation and going to have a total 1980s look.

Matthew - That's a bummer! But hopefully you'll have the tires on tomorrow evening.

Angelo - They look good! Love the pan on the tranny.

And neither TireRack or the local store wanted to inform you of that before you placed your order and had them sent there??? :nabble_anim_confused:

Maybe the store is sick of being faced with the sharp end of the stick when TireRack doesn't do it's part and get the whole order there overnight?

Anyway, looks like you will be more secure on tires that aren't dry rotted.

Well, Tire Rack said that the shop called them up to say they wanted out - I got the shop’s name from TR’s website, so there wasn’t any way for TR to know there was a problem beforehand. The shop said they should have been removed from TRs site months ago...so someone somewhere screwed up.

The weird thing is that the shop said they’d be happy to install my tires, but they wouldn’t be able to get to me for several weeks. Sure, they’re a reasonably busy place, but booked for weeks? Seems a little odd.

Well, Tire Rack said that the shop called them up to say they wanted out - I got the shop’s name from TR’s website, so there wasn’t any way for TR to know there was a problem beforehand. The shop said they should have been removed from TRs site months ago...so someone somewhere screwed up.

The weird thing is that the shop said they’d be happy to install my tires, but they wouldn’t be able to get to me for several weeks. Sure, they’re a reasonably busy place, but booked for weeks? Seems a little odd.

They clearly don't want to install tires purchased from Tire Rack. Go elsewhere.

They clearly don't want to install tires purchased from Tire Rack. Go elsewhere.

He still has to wait for his other two tires to show up at that shop, and go pick them up.

When I got my Treadwright tires I went to my local hole in the wall tire shop and got all four mounted and balanced for under $75.

No disposal fee, toxic lead weight fee, or any other stupid surcharges like valve cores or stems.

Never, never again going to any of these chain stores.

He still has to wait for his other two tires to show up at that shop, and go pick them up.

When I got my Treadwright tires I went to my local hole in the wall tire shop and got all four mounted and balanced for under $75.

No disposal fee, toxic lead weight fee, or any other stupid surcharges like valve cores or stems.

Never, never again going to any of these chain stores.

Well, I'm happy for them that business is so good they can turn me away...but it's still annoying.

Still, it's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. My regular NTB was happy to take my call, and they have me slotted in for 4pm tomorrow, assuming all my tires are in attendance by then.