Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

The 1957 hubcap looks great, Matthew! Nice job! I believe I shared the story of how I came upon that. By the way, look on the backside. Do you see any grease or marks from mounting? :nabble_anim_confused:

You may have, but if you did I confess to not remembering...refresh my memory?

As for mounting, there's some surface rust on the inside but otherwise I could believe it's never been on a wheel before. It's in great condition.

The 1957 hubcap looks great, Matthew! Nice job! I believe I shared the story of how I came upon that. By the way, look on the backside. Do you see any grease or marks from mounting? :nabble_anim_confused:

You may have, but if you did I confess to not remembering...refresh my memory?

As for mounting, there's some surface rust on the inside but otherwise I could believe it's never been on a wheel before. It's in great condition.

The hubcap is part of a stash of NOS hubcaps found in an old cube van located in back of what was previously a Ford dealership in Piedmont, AL. It is now a junk yard run by the two sons [probably in their 60s-70s] of the previous Ford dealership owner. It is a time capsule with one service bay/pit. On the wall are v-belts and radiator hoses.

When the vehicles arrived, hubcaps were inside the vehicles to prevent enroute theft. If a car was equipped with the smaller hubcaps [AKA dog dish or poverty], he made a practice of "pitching" those on a shelf and replacing them with higher profit margin full wheel covers.

These were eventually placed in an old cube van where I found them. Unfortunately, the roof rusted and rain did a number on the chrome. I have ones from 1954 through the early 70s. The later aluminum ones are pristine!

:nabble_anim_handshake:

The hubcap is part of a stash of NOS hubcaps found in an old cube van located in back of what was previously a Ford dealership in Piedmont, Ga. It is now a junk yard run by the two sons [probably in their 60s-70s] of the previous Ford dealership owner.

That's right...I remember the sons and the town of Piedmont, but I'd forgotten the rest of the story. You've gotta love those stashes of parts from the good old days...

The hubcap is part of a stash of NOS hubcaps found in an old cube van located in back of what was previously a Ford dealership in Piedmont, Ga. It is now a junk yard run by the two sons [probably in their 60s-70s] of the previous Ford dealership owner.

That's right...I remember the sons and the town of Piedmont, but I'd forgotten the rest of the story. You've gotta love those stashes of parts from the good old days...

Spent some time on the bench grinder continuing to clean and paint paints. Ordered some correct color paint for my dipstick handles, lakewood traction bars and valve cover studs. Also ordered a front crank seal. Didnt realize how thick some of the factory paint was.

20200519_175817.jpg.25c1c8ed748397520ff77945eed840dc.jpg20200519_181110.jpg.9b57d89702126b3c783902f315bce37d.jpg

20200519_185537.jpg.b433f4d0c9b39d4c9be5a664f72888f4.jpg

20200519_200454.jpg.2f023b6ea3247f6a51e797dfcf2b520b.jpg20200519_204019.jpg.c92d94741c666dde69cdec9b51ba370f.jpg20200519_204028.jpg.d7efcfd49a6698415bf39d27cd8231ce.jpg

Spent some time on the bench grinder continuing to clean and paint paints. Ordered some correct color paint for my dipstick handles, lakewood traction bars and valve cover studs. Also ordered a front crank seal. Didnt realize how thick some of the factory paint was.

Looks good, Angelo. Hard to get all that paint off, but looks like you did and got new paint on. :nabble_anim_claps:

Dont get mad but I my old girlfriends dad let me know that the 4X4 Flareside XLT he used to own is up for sale.

Auto, air, all power, 302, short bed.

The bad news, it's a 1992.

Sorry guys.

Good news, its 400 bucks.

I haven't seen it in 7 years so it might be trashed.

I will have more details tomorrow, its 6 hours up in Vermont.

Looks good, Angelo. Hard to get all that paint off, but looks like you did and got new paint on. :nabble_anim_claps:

I was going to sandblast some of it but I was bored and needed an excuse to be in the garage since I lost a friend yesterday and needed to get my mind off it. Thanks Gary. It's coming together slowly.

Thinking about ordering rubber soon. 325s are going to look sweet on the back.

I was going to sandblast some of it but I was bored and needed an excuse to be in the garage since I lost a friend yesterday and needed to get my mind off it. Thanks Gary. It's coming together slowly.

Thinking about ordering rubber soon. 325s are going to look sweet on the back.

I'm really sorry to hear that Angelo. :nabble_smiley_unhappy:

My sympathy and condolences to you and their loved ones.