Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I went to install my blower relay today.

I've made a mistake in where I chose to get the pull down power, so I'll have to unwrap the harness tomorrow.

Agreed Jim thanks.

Also, since getting the carb set right, I am not 2-footing in anymore and I have noticed that the front brakes drag. Gee, maybe that could be a culprit.

Tomorrow's priority.

Agreed Jim thanks.

Also, since getting the carb set right, I am not 2-footing in anymore and I have noticed that the front brakes drag. Gee, maybe that could be a culprit.

Tomorrow's priority.

What with weather and an early dinner and whatnot I didn’t get as much done today as I’d hoped. But today I fixed the hole that’s been in my A/C ducting for the last 40 years, got the radio back in, and got the antenna reinstalled on the cowl. Hopefully tomorrow I can get everything back together.

Also, painted the shield for the wiper motor. I’ve decided I like painting things.

5D60FFE8-821D-4298-B2BA-95A3AF0C6341.jpeg.fbee7a274eb5503bf1d97f3f079d65e4.jpeg

What with weather and an early dinner and whatnot I didn’t get as much done today as I’d hoped. But today I fixed the hole that’s been in my A/C ducting for the last 40 years, got the radio back in, and got the antenna reinstalled on the cowl. Hopefully tomorrow I can get everything back together.

Also, painted the shield for the wiper motor. I’ve decided I like painting things.

Just wait 'til you get an easybake oven for powder coating like Gary! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

Just wait 'til you get an easybake oven for powder coating like Gary! :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I admit to being intrigued by the possibilities of powder coating. But, that’ll have to wait until I get a big-boy garage like Gary’s...

Well, 6.632

So, there's that!

I must have made a mistake somewhere so I will keep an eye on it, unless you want to trade!!

Damn, you are into the brand C 454 levels, Darth would get 8-10 with the C6 and Holley 4180, worst I ever got was 7 towing a 30' 5th wheel at 65-70 mph into a pretty stiff headwind.

As for the inefficiency of a C6, explain 16-17 mpg with a 390 in a 1977 F150, 3.25 rear, 235/75R-15 radials this was highway running.

As for the inefficiency of a C6, explain 16-17 mpg with a 390 in a 1977 F150, 3.25 rear, 235/75R-15 radials this was highway running.

I can't. But I know that Dad's truck went from about 10 with the original engine and the C6 to almost 14 with Rusty's engine and the ZF5. Yes, I know that's a bad comparison as there were three changes.

I can't. But I know that Dad's truck went from about 10 with the original engine and the C6 to almost 14 with Rusty's engine and the ZF5. Yes, I know that's a bad comparison as there were three changes.

C6 is never truly locked up, but wow!

Imagine how many BTUs Starliners front brakes are throwing off?

C6 is never truly locked up, but wow!

Imagine how many BTUs Starliners front brakes are throwing off?

More and more projects getting done around the house lately and one step closer to being able to focus all attention on my truck.

Looking for some opinions. I have that 1995 E-150 300 efi with e4OD 3.73 8.8 rear. Still on the fence on what to do with it. The vehicle has 300-400k miles on it.

My truck is an 86 carbed 300 with c6.

Direction 1: keep the carved engine do a core exchange and swap in the e4OD and trans controller.

If I went this direction what else should I strip from the E-150 for use in the truck.

Direction 2: use the e-150 engine for a core charge on a new block and retro fit it into the F-150. It currently has a random misfire and is very high mileage so a swap makes it easy.

Has anyone done a carb to efi swap with the 300. What considerations do I need to take into account.

Warrantied rebuilt blocks are not expensive and then come with the heads and oil pump etc. This is the route I am wanted to go with either engine as it's the best opportunity cost for me.

I was also thinking about taking the gearing out of the limited slip 3.73 if possible and swapping it with my open 3.08 rear for better towing/hauling but again that set has a lot of miles on it.

What isn't ridiculous, though, is my other little project today. David/1986F150Six graciously gifted me a nice late 50s Ford hubcap at the last shindig in Skiatook. I've been trying to decide what to do with it ever since, and today it occurred to me - why not use it as a hubcap on my spare? My truck didn't come to me with the under-bed spare tire holder, so one of the first things I did was buy one of those brackets from LMC that lets you mount the spare vertically inside the bed. Works perfectly, but it's not pretty...but I bet it will look nice with a classic Ford hubcap on the tire.The hubcap has been in my garage since September, so it was somewhat grubby. After washing it with soap and water it looked like this:

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n61042/cap_0.jpeg

Not bad, but I bet it could look better. The Coke and steel wool trick worked wonders on my interior chrome, I bet it would do well on a hubcap...

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n61042/cap_1.jpeg

That's more like it! It's going to finish my spare nicely...so David, thank you again!

The 1957 hubcap looks great, Matthew! Nice job! I believe I shared the story of how I came upon that. By the way, look on the backside. Do you see any grease or marks from mounting? :nabble_anim_confused:

More and more projects getting done around the house lately and one step closer to being able to focus all attention on my truck.

Looking for some opinions. I have that 1995 E-150 300 efi with e4OD 3.73 8.8 rear. Still on the fence on what to do with it. The vehicle has 300-400k miles on it.

My truck is an 86 carbed 300 with c6.

Direction 1: keep the carved engine do a core exchange and swap in the e4OD and trans controller.

If I went this direction what else should I strip from the E-150 for use in the truck.

Direction 2: use the e-150 engine for a core charge on a new block and retro fit it into the F-150. It currently has a random misfire and is very high mileage so a swap makes it easy.

Has anyone done a carb to efi swap with the 300. What considerations do I need to take into account.

Warrantied rebuilt blocks are not expensive and then come with the heads and oil pump etc. This is the route I am wanted to go with either engine as it's the best opportunity cost for me.

I was also thinking about taking the gearing out of the limited slip 3.73 if possible and swapping it with my open 3.08 rear for better towing/hauling but again that set has a lot of miles on it.

Is the spline count the same with the van?

Because the van axles are going to be the wrong length.