Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Angelo - It'll look lots better with the holes filled, but are you going to paint it or leave it in primer?

Starliner - IBCA brick collectors are looking for pavers, not building brick. So in a pile of brick like what you saw they'd be going through there looking them over closely. Pavers weren't used very often in buildings, but were there sometimes like in corners and door openings.

And brick are HEAVY! So they typically weren't used very far from where they were made - except along rail lines. So somewhere around Boston there was a brick plant, probably near a deposit of clay.

Gary I am going to fiz can and clear it until the side gets replaced and the truck goes in for real paint.

That's good MPG for "running around". I'll bet the highway #'s will be around 17.5. :nabble_smiley_good:

Took the old Blue Mule on a road trip today to visit Chris so I filled it up this morning before hopping on the highway, and had to fill it up again on the way home, and both tanks calculated at 16.9 mpg. The second tank was all highway at 65 mph. The truck cruises along just great, I'm very happy with it. I was at one point hoping to hit 20 mpg with it, but I think that might have been a little too optimistic. So, all things considered, I think 17.5 mpg is possible, and maybe even 18 under the right conditions, but I'm pleased as punch with 17-ish.

That's good MPG for "running around". I'll bet the highway #'s will be around 17.5. :nabble_smiley_good:

Took the old Blue Mule on a road trip today to visit Chris so I filled it up this morning before hopping on the highway, and had to fill it up again on the way home, and both tanks calculated at 16.9 mpg. The second tank was all highway at 65 mph. The truck cruises along just great, I'm very happy with it. I was at one point hoping to hit 20 mpg with it, but I think that might have been a little too optimistic. So, all things considered, I think 17.5 mpg is possible, and maybe even 18 under the right conditions, but I'm pleased as punch with 17-ish.

Did you guys get a chance to check for firewall flex?

Yep, 17.5 is within reach. You'll get there, and maybe more. :nabble_anim_claps:

Yep, 17.5 is within reach. You'll get there, and maybe more. :nabble_anim_claps:

Although I am just working out the bugs, my last 10 gallons got me 6.63 mpg.

And Big Blue has a LOT more going for it than my Bessie.

I realize its early to guage without multiple fill ups but GOSH!!!!

Although I am just working out the bugs, my last 10 gallons got me 6.63 mpg.

And Big Blue has a LOT more going for it than my Bessie.

I realize its early to guage without multiple fill ups but GOSH!!!!

Yipes! 6.63 MPG?!?! With a worn out engine Big Blue got almost twice that. But, I'll tell you that the C6 is part of the problem. Even a well tuned engine loses significant efficiency with that tranny. But still, Dad's truck got 10 to 10.5 with the original 351M/C6 combo.

Yipes! 6.63 MPG?!?! With a worn out engine Big Blue got almost twice that. But, I'll tell you that the C6 is part of the problem. Even a well tuned engine loses significant efficiency with that tranny. But still, Dad's truck got 10 to 10.5 with the original 351M/C6 combo.

Well, 6.632

So, there's that!

I must have made a mistake somewhere so I will keep an eye on it, unless you want to trade!!

Well, 6.632

So, there's that!

I must have made a mistake somewhere so I will keep an eye on it, unless you want to trade!!

Are you sure your speedo is accurate?

Like open Google maps while on the highway and compare.

It's really hard to say why you're having so many troubles.

Very difficult to work it out unless you're methodical and only touch one variable at a time.

There are sequences. Start with A, when you're absolutely sure A is right and not contributing to your problem move on to B.

Bill Vose is your key diagnostic guru.

Are you sure your speedo is accurate?

Like open Google maps while on the highway and compare.

It's really hard to say why you're having so many troubles.

Very difficult to work it out unless you're methodical and only touch one variable at a time.

There are sequences. Start with A, when you're absolutely sure A is right and not contributing to your problem move on to B.

Bill Vose is your key diagnostic guru.

I went to install my blower relay today.

I've made a mistake in where I chose to get the pull down power, so I'll have to unwrap the harness tomorrow.