Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I took my bull out for drive and stopped to see a little red Bullnose that is parked in the far back corner of a local Honda dealership. Two different people told me it was there, so I figured I'd take a spin by and have a look. I've seen the truck around previously, and was actually going to go look at it back in 2016 before I bought the one I have now. It was almost 500 miles away at the time, and by the time I was able to go see it, it had sold. It's an '85 with a 351/auto. VIN says it's a 300/6 truck.

Yup.

Says grandpa all over it. :nabble_laughing-25-x-25_orig:

I took my bull out for drive and stopped to see a little red Bullnose that is parked in the far back corner of a local Honda dealership. Two different people told me it was there, so I figured I'd take a spin by and have a look. I've seen the truck around previously, and was actually going to go look at it back in 2016 before I bought the one I have now. It was almost 500 miles away at the time, and by the time I was able to go see it, it had sold. It's an '85 with a 351/auto. VIN says it's a 300/6 truck.

Not a bad looking truck. Not sure I would have that style of step on the cab though. Not like these trucks are that high up off the ground.

Not a bad looking truck. Not sure I would have that style of step on the cab though. Not like these trucks are that high up off the ground.

Let me count the ways....

As Rusty said, step on a low truck.

Then the grab handle too.

And hand rails on the bed sides.

(Gramps must be really infirm)

Plastic 'chrome' piping in the wheel lips

Bug deflector AND Deflectashield window covers... with the chrome...

Bumper guards... because he can't park.

Visor... because he can't see.

Tonneau cover.... because he can't lift anything into the bed.

Should I continue??? :nabble_smiley_evil:

35s on, plow off, installed a new chrome grille, bezels and upper and lower moulding along with a new Ford badge (had no idea Ford still manufacturers them, came in a brand new 2020 styled package!!) and started a little rust repair on the "new" box.

Also blew a brake line at a stop light in my buddies 78 F250, so I put a brake line on it on the side of the road.

Well I did the same thing as you last weekend. I finished replacing the gingerbread on the front end.  

I have the OE pieces (Grille, headlight bezels, trim rails, etc) is that the kind of thing anybody would want for a few sheckles?New_Plastic__Alum.jpg.406f85b7bad074e77c6acc040ccd60cd.jpg

Here it is finito sans emblem:

Finito_Sans_Emblem.jpg.eaa86ddb6e80020d9bca78018f5df87b.jpg

Let me count the ways....

As Rusty said, step on a low truck.

Then the grab handle too.

And hand rails on the bed sides.

(Gramps must be really infirm)

Plastic 'chrome' piping in the wheel lips

Bug deflector AND Deflectashield window covers... with the chrome...

Bumper guards... because he can't park.

Visor... because he can't see.

Tonneau cover.... because he can't lift anything into the bed.

Should I continue??? :nabble_smiley_evil:

Yes sir, it is definitely an accessory display truck if nothing else, and it was indeed owned by a retired guy, but in his defense, he bought the truck this way about 4 years ago and I don't think he added or removed anything. I personally don't like many accessories and would have to remove most if not all of it. I wasn't truck shopping anyway, just cruising around and decided to swing by and see it.

Yes sir, it is definitely an accessory display truck if nothing else, and it was indeed owned by a retired guy, but in his defense, he bought the truck this way about 4 years ago and I don't think he added or removed anything. I personally don't like many accessories and would have to remove most if not all of it. I wasn't truck shopping anyway, just cruising around and decided to swing by and see it.

Not a criticism, Cory

Just an observation.

Someone obviously really cared about that truck, before it ended up relegated to the back corner with leaky transmission.

Well I did the same thing as you last weekend. I finished replacing the gingerbread on the front end.  

I have the OE pieces (Grille, headlight bezels, trim rails, etc) is that the kind of thing anybody would want for a few sheckles?

Looking good, Gregg! :nabble_smiley_good:

Take it easy on the grandpa talk, guys, I are one.

But Cory, if you bought it you could strip all that "stuff" off and sell it. Just think how much you could make. Surely there are lots of us grandfathers wanting it. :nabble_smiley_teeth:

I have the OE pieces (Grille, headlight bezels, trim rails, etc) is that the kind of thing anybody would want for a few sheckles?http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n59082/New_Plastic_%26_Alum.jpg

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/file/n59082/Finito_Sans_Emblem.jpg

I have the bag somewhere with the Ford part number on it, they are about $25 cheaper than buying from one of the restoration websites.

What about transmission fluid? :nabble_anim_handshake: