Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Gary,

I still haven't found an obvious path.

I have a big tube of SikaFlex LM though.

Self leveling sealant will find its way, even if I can't.

But I need to know where to start.

I put the kick cover back in after a quick shot of paint and fresh gasket, with some Ultra Grey on the screws.

Put the parking brake assy back in too.

100% rain this afternoon.

So I'll have to see when I get back from work.

You may have already solved it. Let's hope it stays dry this afternoon.

Dane - Did the woodchuck get lead poisoning? How did you relocate him? How'd you get the deer out?

No, no lead poisoning. Caught it in a trap, one that looks like a big cage. They like red, I used red leaf lettuce and a red delicious apple to get it. I’m in a neighborhood so reluctant to shoot.

Opened the back gate and the deer ran up by the front gate, when I headed toward the front gate she went out the back.

Rain skirted us today.

Supposed to be all day tomorrow, though.

I'm never going to get this thing painted.

In the past little while, I've seen a couple comments on Facebook about people still having the original Ford aluminum keys. I had never given them a thought previously, but my keys are aluminum, and a spare set came with the truck are aluminum that I don't think were ever used. They are light as a feather, I'll give them that. I assume they wore out quickly? Is that why they have any significance 35-40 years later?

IMG_0681.jpg.0c18505180409d8792ec996546119ed6.jpg

IMG_0683.jpg.11bbb31700e5e541106231490f3996ce.jpg

In the past little while, I've seen a couple comments on Facebook about people still having the original Ford aluminum keys. I had never given them a thought previously, but my keys are aluminum, and a spare set came with the truck are aluminum that I don't think were ever used. They are light as a feather, I'll give them that. I assume they wore out quickly? Is that why they have any significance 35-40 years later?

Jim - Hope you get it sorted tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_good:

Scott - I do think the original keys were aluminum, and I doubt they lasted very well. I have some for Dad's truck around here somewhere, and maybe a set for Big Blue.

Cory - I do think the original keys were aluminum, and I doubt they lasted very well. I have some for Dad's truck around here somewhere, and maybe a set for Big Blue.

Well I guess the fact that the truck still only has 40,000 miles on it is why the keys lasted so long.:nabble_smiley_good:

I had never given them a second thought, but did read some comments recently about them.

Cory - I do think the original keys were aluminum, and I doubt they lasted very well. I have some for Dad's truck around here somewhere, and maybe a set for Big Blue.

Well I guess the fact that the truck still only has 40,000 miles on it is why the keys lasted so long.:nabble_smiley_good:

I had never given them a second thought, but did read some comments recently about them.

I have an aluminum set for my 83, came with the truck when I got it, also a replacement set, aluminum ones are well worn but still work OK.

I have the aluminum keys that came with the owners documentation in an envelope in the glove box.

They still have the cut code on a stamped tag.

But my truck always had a set of plated brass keys.

I'm using later door locks so everything has the same bitting now.

But I keep the aluminum keys stashed for some reason. :nabble_anim_confused:

Nice work on the repairs Jim!

I left a bottom screw out of the vent panel cover last summer and water just poured in through it. With the water being on the shelf though, I've only seen that when the cowl channel had holes :nabble_smiley_sad: Doesn't look like it's coming in from the brake booster or any of the other firewall penetrations that may not be sealed well?

We'll, I haven't found it yet. 🙁

Although I've followed advice above and sprayed the trough with leak seal.

IMG_20200424_072236.thumb.jpg.c73037e6f9ecea74772b80ba88b927f5.jpg

I'm ready to dump this whole tube of caulk into the cowl.

We'll, I haven't found it yet. 🙁

Although I've followed advice above and sprayed the trough with leak seal.

I'm ready to dump this whole tube of caulk into the cowl.

If you think the cowl is the source of the leak, then it might not be a bad idea to put it in there - when it is dry.

Or, perhaps the sealing you did fixed it?