Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

See that's what I thought, I looked them up as well as the 7.5L F250 from 96/97 and when I asked I was told they were 7" pivot not 8".

Its like damn wth is going on. I might have to go to a local junkyard and just start measuring even though junkyards are expensive here and we don't really have much in the name of vehicles over 10 years old.

94 - 96 all the 95A variants had the off set mounting ears only the 130A variant had the opposed ears.

Still looking though.

This is the one I keep looking at. There is a cheaper variant than this one that is 95A but when I asked PA Performance about the same exact looking alternator they informed me that 95A only came as a 7" pivot not a 8" pivot.

https://www.dbelectrical.com/products/db-electrical-afd0076-220-alternator-for-ford-aerostar-92-94-400-14166.html

If this is correct then I found it last week but just couldn't get confirmation on the spacing of the bolt pattern. I emailed DB Electrical but they just told me they don't have that information.

And the cheaper one I found initially for $68 this is the one that I emailed about on the ear spacing.

https://www.dbelectrical.com/products/alternator-3-0-aerostar-92-93-94-7-5-f150-f250-f350-pickup-96-97.html

That's really odd.

When I look it up on DB Electric's website, they show a two hole (130A) alternator for those applications.

But it's definitely 8.25".

You can see the rib in the upper mounting ear.

https://www.dbelectrical.com/products/alternator-ford-f-series-truck-4-9l-94-95-96-7-5l-96-97.html

afd0030_1__87425.jpg.2a1871f0064dc5a30484d0b84a8de9c3.jpg

That's really odd.

When I look it up on DB Electric's website, they show a two hole (130A) alternator for those applications.

But it's definitely 8.25".

You can see the rib in the upper mounting ear.

https://www.dbelectrical.com/products/alternator-ford-f-series-truck-4-9l-94-95-96-7-5l-96-97.html

Oh yea I can find the 130A easily in 8.25" spacing. its the 95A that I am hearing conflicting information on. Ive heard it said 95A came in the 8.25" spacing and other sources say they never had the 8.25" spacing.

Oh yea I can find the 130A easily in 8.25" spacing. its the 95A that I am hearing conflicting information on. Ive heard it said 95A came in the 8.25" spacing and other sources say they never had the 8.25" spacing.

Right.

I know it did, but when I went to look for it it wasn't there.

Maybe the there's so little call for the 95A in 8.25" it's not serviced in the aftermarket anymore?

See that's what I thought, I looked them up as well as the 7.5L F250 from 96/97 and when I asked I was told they were 7" pivot not 8".

Its like damn wth is going on. I might have to go to a local junkyard and just start measuring even though junkyards are expensive here and we don't really have much in the name of vehicles over 10 years old.

94 - 96 all the 95A variants had the off set mounting ears only the 130A variant had the opposed ears.

Still looking though.

This is the one I keep looking at. There is a cheaper variant than this one that is 95A but when I asked PA Performance about the same exact looking alternator they informed me that 95A only came as a 7" pivot not a 8" pivot.

https://www.dbelectrical.com/products/db-electrical-afd0076-220-alternator-for-ford-aerostar-92-94-400-14166.html

If this is correct then I found it last week but just couldn't get confirmation on the spacing of the bolt pattern. I emailed DB Electrical but they just told me they don't have that information.

And the cheaper one I found initially for $68 this is the one that I emailed about on the ear spacing.

https://www.dbelectrical.com/products/alternator-3-0-aerostar-92-93-94-7-5-f150-f250-f350-pickup-96-97.html

Your second link also fits 3.0 V6, so it's 7" spacing.

Notice it doesn't have the center rib in the top mounting ear.

Your second link also fits 3.0 V6, so it's 7" spacing.

Notice it doesn't have the center rib in the top mounting ear.

so the 95A in the 8" pivot still had the same vertical rib?

That is what I could not find out. If I can verify that I would do some digging on ebay if I have to buy a used unit and have it rebuilt locally I will do it

so the 95A in the 8" pivot still had the same vertical rib?

That is what I could not find out. If I can verify that I would do some digging on ebay if I have to buy a used unit and have it rebuilt locally I will do it

Today I solved my antenna problem:

IMG_1632.jpg.913dcacd73d6c4e14bd1e29810692823.jpg

Like everything else that was done to my truck after it left the factory, the aftermarket radio in my truck was poorly installed. The antenna cable comes up from behind the fender, then went down into the antenna hole only to make a 180 degree bend back up into the antenna. Forty years took their toll, and the coax was frayed and broken beyond use. I needed to take the truck out today (without cowl), so bolt cutters solved the immediate problem. I will eventually replace the antenna and coax with new, and hopefully install them properly as well.

Why did I need to take the truck out today? I've been using my lockdown time to cut down a bunch of small trees around the house, and I've been worried that the brush pile was getting big enough to attract the attention of the HOA. My parents live out in the woods and usually have a burn pile building up, so this was a perfect excuse to go for a (properly socially-distant) visit...that, plus I had some spare N95 masks and gloves for them as well.

brush.jpg.976089f78140105d8030eb3f0cf748d4.jpg

I have to say, pandemic traffic is the greatest thing ever. Atlanta traffic at 5pm is usually at a standstill, but today I don't think I dropped below 70mph the whole way through.

traffic.png.29e8fd86af7875008da51974b0ac24e6.png

All in all, a good day today. Truck got some exercise, brush is gone, and parents visited.

Today I solved my antenna problem:

Like everything else that was done to my truck after it left the factory, the aftermarket radio in my truck was poorly installed. The antenna cable comes up from behind the fender, then went down into the antenna hole only to make a 180 degree bend back up into the antenna. Forty years took their toll, and the coax was frayed and broken beyond use. I needed to take the truck out today (without cowl), so bolt cutters solved the immediate problem. I will eventually replace the antenna and coax with new, and hopefully install them properly as well.

Why did I need to take the truck out today? I've been using my lockdown time to cut down a bunch of small trees around the house, and I've been worried that the brush pile was getting big enough to attract the attention of the HOA. My parents live out in the woods and usually have a burn pile building up, so this was a perfect excuse to go for a (properly socially-distant) visit...that, plus I had some spare N95 masks and gloves for them as well.

I have to say, pandemic traffic is the greatest thing ever. Atlanta traffic at 5pm is usually at a standstill, but today I don't think I dropped below 70mph the whole way through.

All in all, a good day today. Truck got some exercise, brush is gone, and parents visited.

Well done, Matthew! By the way, please tell your grandmother that the "Gary fellow" said hello and asked how she's doing. :nabble_smiley_wink:

Well done, Matthew! By the way, please tell your grandmother that the "Gary fellow" said hello and asked how she's doing. :nabble_smiley_wink:

I will pass that along the next time I see her. Didn't see her yesterday as she was at her house, and I wasn't going to make her go outside just so I could shout at her - her hearing isn't all that great anymore. :nabble_smiley_beam:

I will pass that along the next time I see her. Didn't see her yesterday as she was at her house, and I wasn't going to make her go outside just so I could shout at her - her hearing isn't all that great anymore. :nabble_smiley_beam:

I got my brake shoes and adjuster cables changed this morning.

IMG_20200417_072032.jpg.eb703ba300c7584fd8996d4262457128.jpg

IMG_20200417_072048.thumb.jpg.85900fad53307f1f00e0e93b0aebae41.jpg

IMG_20200417_092116.thumb.jpg.69a4aa002717fc354440e27b25b223cb.jpg

Picked up another tank of gas, so I can get back to welding, when the wind dies down.

I got my brake shoes and adjuster cables changed this morning.

Picked up another tank of gas, so I can get back to welding, when the wind dies down.

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen shoes cracked like that, Jim. Did they get really hot at some point?

And color that cable GONE, to paraphrase Roger Lindamood.