Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Coupling nuts are long nuts that allow two bolts to be joined. How are you going to join the long bolts to the studs? Or?

Ah, Got it! The studs are just pressed into the mounting plate with a head on the back to keep them from pulling through. So I'm planning on knocking the studs out and just using bolts to go the full length.

(edit to add: this project picks up again about halfway down page 164)

Coupling nuts are long nuts that allow two bolts to be joined. How are you going to join the long bolts to the studs? Or?

Ah, Got it! The studs are just pressed into the mounting plate with a head on the back to keep them from pulling through. So I'm planning on knocking the studs out and just using bolts to go the full length.

(edit to add: this project picks up again about halfway down page 164)

That make sense. :nabble_smiley_good:

That make sense. :nabble_smiley_good:

With the drop in the price of gas, I decided it would be a good time to replace the fuel lines for my rear tank. Removing the deteriorated fuel line on the rear tank was't exactly easy for me but I managed it without having to drop the tank or removing the bed thanks to a large {11" angled} needle nose pliers. All fuel lines replaced and filters at both tanks before the switch valve. Now just waiting on SS check to put gas in the rear tank and have my fingers crossed that it doesn't leak. Just in case, I will only start with enough to prime the lines and see if the sender works.

With the drop in the price of gas, I decided it would be a good time to replace the fuel lines for my rear tank. Removing the deteriorated fuel line on the rear tank was't exactly easy for me but I managed it without having to drop the tank or removing the bed thanks to a large {11" angled} needle nose pliers. All fuel lines replaced and filters at both tanks before the switch valve. Now just waiting on SS check to put gas in the rear tank and have my fingers crossed that it doesn't leak. Just in case, I will only start with enough to prime the lines and see if the sender works.

I ran out of gas on the way home today (had a tiny jug full in the bed)

I was shocked at the price of a fill up (which is usually well over $100-Premium)

Of course nobody is supposed to be going anywhere, and we have an 8:00 driving curfew in effect.

It's nice not to have commuters and school buses on the road, but I really feel for the families and incomes of those other drivers.

I was shocked at the price of a fill up (which is usually well over $100-Premium)

Of course nobody is supposed to be going anywhere, and we have an 8:00 driving curfew in effect.

It's nice not to have commuters and school buses on the road, but I really feel for the families and incomes of those other drivers.

Same thing here with the fill-ups. Right now gas here is 71.6 cents/liter, or $2.72/gallon CDN. That is the cheapest gas has been here in 30 years. It is supposed to be going down tomorrow again. A few weeks ago it was typically around $1.15/Liter, and had not been less than a buck in years. In the summer it would have been more like $1.25/Liter.

How low is it in the US? Must be under a dollar a gallon out in places like OK where Gary is? I thought I saw a picture online the other day of a gas station in Kentucky and it showed 99 cents?

Same thing here with the fill-ups. Right now gas here is 71.6 cents/liter, or $2.72/gallon CDN. That is the cheapest gas has been here in 30 years. It is supposed to be going down tomorrow again. A few weeks ago it was typically around $1.15/Liter, and had not been less than a buck in years. In the summer it would have been more like $1.25/Liter.

How low is it in the US? Must be under a dollar a gallon out in places like OK where Gary is? I thought I saw a picture online the other day of a gas station in Kentucky and it showed 99 cents?

$1.98 is the lowest I've seen around the Chicago area. That's a drop from about $2.65 -$3.00 a few weeks ago

$1.98 is the lowest I've seen around the Chicago area. That's a drop from about $2.65 -$3.00 a few weeks ago

I wonder how low it will go? I mean the tanks have to be stuffed full everywhere by now. The price has to have a floor, but I wonder if they'll keep dropping it to try and keep it moving...

I wonder how low it will go? I mean the tanks have to be stuffed full everywhere by now. The price has to have a floor, but I wonder if they'll keep dropping it to try and keep it moving...

The Saudis are in a pumping war with Russia.

Prices will continue to drop as supply overwhelms demand.

America has been drill, baby, drill! (Frack baby, frack?) for well over a decade now, but it's going to cost more to extract than buy on the market.

The O&G industry in this hemisphere is reeling, and (IMO) a technical knock out would be the best decision for this planet.

The O&G industry in this hemisphere is reeling, and (IMO) a technical knock out would be the best decision for this planet.

Well, pretty soon they'll have nowhere to put it all...

An oil refinery is one of my biggest customers, and they make a lot of jet fuel. They've had to cut production back to just a trickle...

Well, pretty soon they'll have nowhere to put it all...

An oil refinery is one of my biggest customers, and they make a lot of jet fuel. They've had to cut production back to just a trickle...

Right

But refineries are like nuclear reactors.

Shutdowns, and recomissioning are time consuming and incredibly expensive.

Idle along, if you can, but stopping is another matter.

Obviously we need another war to keep the economy in the black.

(I wish that were a joke)