Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

What's the difference between the unijack and the all in one?

I doubt 11" will get beneath my beams or diff with the tires I have, and it definitely won't if I have a flat!

Good question! I think it is just a matter of terminology.

As for lift range, they do appear to be limited. And I wouldn't plan to take one in the truck. Only for working on it.

Both of these pics come from Amazon. Both are Powerbuilt. The left one says Unijack and the right All-In-One. Go figure.

61K-5vEIDhL.thumb.jpg.2338ad05b6c4552fff8aa7fb975b6302.jpg71Cs1LpeAlL.thumb.jpg.b2c035cbb094da69ce7f6685b5272f22.jpg

Good question! I think it is just a matter of terminology.

As for lift range, they do appear to be limited. And I wouldn't plan to take one in the truck. Only for working on it.

Both of these pics come from Amazon. Both are Powerbuilt. The left one says Unijack and the right All-In-One. Go figure.

A job half done is better than none. :nabble_smiley_good:

I managed to get the shocks, shackles, front spring bushings, fog lamp spacers and brake pads installed.

It was a bear with my 4-ton come along to get the springs back into the shackles.

Surprisingly all the bolts came out easily and were looking good.

The shackles did too, though the bushings were shot.

I took some time to try to "resurface" the inside of the right rotor, with a fresh grinding disc and a 60 grit flap wheel.

I didn't go for totally flat, but took off any ridges from the dimpled backing plate (I guess it's better than rivets?)

I will say the pads sold by Amazon as Motorcraft are VERY suspect.

There has been mention of counterfeit goods here on the forum.

At any rate I've taken pictures of the box as it arrived, and the accompanying 'literature'

The pivot bushings front axle and ball joints will have to wait for a day without mud and drizzle.

At least I can get to work tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_cool:

A job half done is better than none. :nabble_smiley_good:

I managed to get the shocks, shackles, front spring bushings, fog lamp spacers and brake pads installed.

It was a bear with my 4-ton come along to get the springs back into the shackles.

Surprisingly all the bolts came out easily and were looking good.

The shackles did too, though the bushings were shot.

I took some time to try to "resurface" the inside of the right rotor, with a fresh grinding disc and a 60 grit flap wheel.

I didn't go for totally flat, but took off any ridges from the dimpled backing plate (I guess it's better than rivets?)

I will say the pads sold by Amazon as Motorcraft are VERY suspect.

There has been mention of counterfeit goods here on the forum.

At any rate I've taken pictures of the box as it arrived, and the accompanying 'literature'

The pivot bushings front axle and ball joints will have to wait for a day without mud and drizzle.

At least I can get to work tomorrow. :nabble_smiley_cool:

Jim - At least you got the brakes done, and extra things to boot. And safely. :nabble_smiley_good:

Bob - Hadn't heard that people escaped N'awlings due to Mardis Gras, but that makes sense. Interesting.

I was going to edit in some pics, but figured I may as well just drop them in another post.

Man, those pads look suspect. Mine were MUCH nicer than that. :nabble_smiley_scared:

From all the tools and debris it looks like it was quite a battle getting the spring perches in. Glad you were on the winning side.

But the fog light pattern looks nice. You got them shimmed just the way you want them?

Man, those pads look suspect. Mine were MUCH nicer than that. :nabble_smiley_scared:

From all the tools and debris it looks like it was quite a battle getting the spring perches in. Glad you were on the winning side.

But the fog light pattern looks nice. You got them shimmed just the way you want them?

Yeah, I don't see how powder coating overspray would get all over the friction material....

I've got the lights out far enough.

I think I may still want to aim them down, but there's adjustment for that.

IMG_20200227_080701.thumb.jpg.ef6a5649080a8c586b4bf889518686aa.jpg

.... Bob - Hadn't heard that people escaped N'awlings due to Mardis Gras, but that makes sense. Interesting.

I hadn't heard it before either, but there are a ton of them here (many with LSU or Saints gear). I did here one saying that schools close for Fat Tuesday (Mardis Gras) and Ash Wednesday, and with those days off, generally take the whole week. So it's a good time to take a family vacation. That's probably the real reason, but I did here several say it was to escape Mardis Gras, so that is likely a factor as well.

.... Bob - Hadn't heard that people escaped N'awlings due to Mardis Gras, but that makes sense. Interesting.

I hadn't heard it before either, but there are a ton of them here (many with LSU or Saints gear). I did here one saying that schools close for Fat Tuesday (Mardis Gras) and Ash Wednesday, and with those days off, generally take the whole week. So it's a good time to take a family vacation. That's probably the real reason, but I did here several say it was to escape Mardis Gras, so that is likely a factor as well.

When we lived in Houston I had staff in and around New Orleans, and some of them were seriously involved in Mardis Gras. SERIOUSLY. They worked on floats seemingly year 'round, and when time got close that's all they talked about.

So I can see that some would like to get away from what appears to be a very intense situation. And the chance to turn a few days off into a week off would be ideal.

• 2 weeks later...

When we lived in Houston I had staff in and around New Orleans, and some of them were seriously involved in Mardis Gras. SERIOUSLY. They worked on floats seemingly year 'round, and when time got close that's all they talked about.

So I can see that some would like to get away from what appears to be a very intense situation. And the chance to turn a few days off into a week off would be ideal.

I got a new windshield installed Friday.

Really nice at night with no pitting for glare.

A lot of noise above 80-85 in the upper left corner.

I'd bought new retainer clips for the moulding so I have to look into that soon.

Something's not right.