Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

No torch, no big wrenches...

No time to dick around.

I asked Gary multiple times if he needed any egr or A.I.R. components.

I'll be glad to finally cut this thing and get it out of the plant.

Jim - I'm gonna start on this '90 with the wiper motor. What all do you need with regard to that? This is gratis, by the way.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim - I'm gonna start on this '90 with the wiper motor. What all do you need with regard to that? This is gratis, by the way.

I would grab the switch, and if it has one, the intermittent governor (they are plug and play up through 1991 as long as you have both pieces and a ground) He may want the plugs and a pigtail for the motor.

I would grab the switch, and if it has one, the intermittent governor (they are plug and play up through 1991 as long as you have both pieces and a ground) He may want the plugs and a pigtail for the motor.

Bill - I'll do that. Also, the headlights on the truck have chrome around them, but the chrome on the driver's side is bubbling. Want to see pics?

As for what I did today, it was a short day with church in the morning and evening, but I did manage to get both the hood and cowl pulled today. And, some extra wires removed. Looks like there were some wiring problems as the R/LB wire to the starter relay has been cut and another wire hooked to it. Hopefully there aren't a bunch more of those hacks.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to reposition the truck on the lift to get the door openings where they aren't blocked by the lift so access is easier. Then I'm going to pry the driver's door open as it is jammed against the fender and won't open very far. After that I can get to the wiper switch and look for the delay module under the dash.

Bill - I'll do that. Also, the headlights on the truck have chrome around them, but the chrome on the driver's side is bubbling. Want to see pics?

As for what I did today, it was a short day with church in the morning and evening, but I did manage to get both the hood and cowl pulled today. And, some extra wires removed. Looks like there were some wiring problems as the R/LB wire to the starter relay has been cut and another wire hooked to it. Hopefully there aren't a bunch more of those hacks.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to reposition the truck on the lift to get the door openings where they aren't blocked by the lift so access is easier. Then I'm going to pry the driver's door open as it is jammed against the fender and won't open very far. After that I can get to the wiper switch and look for the delay module under the dash.

Gary,

The best way -to do the least damage- to open the door, is to put a portapower or even wedge a 2x4 between the cowl and the little corner brace of the radiator support above the headlight.

This will pull the fender off the door before you fold them both.

If you don't care at all about the body then don't bother with that.

Gary,

The best way -to do the least damage- to open the door, is to put a portapower or even wedge a 2x4 between the cowl and the little corner brace of the radiator support above the headlight.

This will pull the fender off the door before you fold them both.

If you don't care at all about the body then don't bother with that.

The damage appears to already have been done on the both doors, and probably the fenders. But I'll check the fenders to make sure. Thanks.

Jim/ArdWrknTrk - How are things with you? The news says you guys got clobbered last night, with trees down, power out, etc.

I have power but there were lots of streets closed with trees down and flooding due to leaves being blown over storm drains.

I have decided to compromise on the shipping bins and put Masonite in the bottoms.

Less weight but better puncture resistance.

I know to pack things tight so they cannot begin to move or even rattle.

It's inertia that causes damage.

"Not the speed, but the stop that kills you"

Making lists for you and Bill.

Will post later (or email if you prefer)

I have power but there were lots of streets closed with trees down and flooding due to leaves being blown over storm drains.

I have decided to compromise on the shipping bins and put Masonite in the bottoms.

I have a few customers with leaks.

Calls started coming in last night.... :nabble_smiley_argh:

Kinda amazing that the lower intake is EXACTLY the same size as the bottom of the bin.

Kinda amazing that the lower intake is EXACTLY the same size as the bottom of the bin.

Glad you have power, but you'll have your hands full with the problems of others. No hurry on my part. Take care.

Masonite is a good idea. Full is good as well, and having the intake on the bottom fitting tightly solves several problems. :nabble_smiley_good:

As for the list, on here is fine, but email might be easier as we'll want the pay part between ourselves. Obviously I have you email address, so either is fine.