Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

I wasn't trying to suggest you are doing the wrong thing. I'm just trying to learn how it all works.

As for the F450, I thought Jim told me the parts came off of a '95 F450. :nabble_anim_confused:

I do need to find out exactly what I have so it can be replaced at some point in time. But it sure looks BIG! Hope the brakes are dramatically better than what they were, but I really ought to be able to lock them up. Not sure that means stopping, but ......

Definitely a 1995 F450.

10 lug hubs are pretty unique, but there's no doubt about where that master came from.

Ok, thanks. I'll log that info for replacement time.

A 1995 F450 is a 1995 F-SuperDuty. You cannot go to the parts store and say "I need a master cylinder for a 1995 F450" as they won't have that option. Your kids need to ask for a 1995 F-SuperDuty.

A 1995 F450 is a 1995 F-SuperDuty. You cannot go to the parts store and say "I need a master cylinder for a 1995 F450" as they won't have that option. Your kids need to ask for a 1995 F-SuperDuty.

And therein lies the difference between Superduty and SuperDuty.

This is a Superduty.

10 lug hubs, C&C, drop kingpin front axle, Hydroboost, ect....

It's also referred to as a 450, at least by many of us that had to work on and drive them every day.

I will have to get a pic of the VIN on that cab.

Not some moniker Ford decided to plaster on the new body style trucks for '99

This is a Superduty.

It's also referred to as a 450, at least by many of us that had to work on and drive them every day.

Bingo. Ford never called anything an F-450 until '99, but they did make an F-series truck that was heavier than the F-350, they just called it F-Superduty. But like people will still talk about an F-250LD extended cab truck with a hydramatic trans and posi, people talk about '95 F-450s. At least in this case they're using a Ford term.

Of course Ford doesn't make it easier, recycling names

And Gary, I didn't take your questions as anything other than a search for information. Sorry if what i wrote came off as defensive. I certainly wasn't feeling that way.

(edit to add: discussion of brake project picks up again on page 161)

This is a Superduty.

Bingo. Ford never called anything an F-450 until '99, but they did make an F-series truck that was heavier than the F-350, they just called it F-Superduty. But like people will still talk about an F-250LD extended cab truck with a hydramatic trans and posi, people talk about '95 F-450s. At least in this case they're using a Ford term.

Of course Ford doesn't make it easier, recycling names

And Gary, I didn't take your questions as anything other than a search for information. Sorry if what i wrote came off as defensive. I certainly wasn't feeling that way.

(edit to add: discussion of brake project picks up again on page 161)

I think the VIN has 1FTXF45...

And that's why we always called it an F450, but like I said, I'll have to check.

I think the VIN has 1FTXF45...

And that's why we always called it an F450, but like I said, I'll have to check.

I’m a little late but got a few things done this weekend. Got the exhaust y-pipe installed and the new cat in place. I have some modifications to make to the hangers and air injection tube. Also got the smog pump and air injection tubing in on the top side along with the starter. Not a lot of progress, but it’s something. New distributor should be here tomorrow and the new rear fuel pump unit showed up today.

I’m a little late but got a few things done this weekend. Got the exhaust y-pipe installed and the new cat in place. I have some modifications to make to the hangers and air injection tube. Also got the smog pump and air injection tubing in on the top side along with the starter. Not a lot of progress, but it’s something. New distributor should be here tomorrow and the new rear fuel pump unit showed up today.

Progress is Good! :nabble_smiley_good:

A journey of a thousand miles is still taken one step at a time. (Not that I've got the knees for a pilgrimage)

Heck, I haven't even pulled my bumper back off to shim the fog lights.

And my major plans have been dashed by nature and health.

Though every day I get a little bit closer.