Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Nope.

Came home Thursday to a 30+" oak tree downed because of 50 mph wind gusts.

15* waking this morning, 17 now with 30 mph gusts.

Definitely no time to be messing with bearings or ANYTHING that needs kept clean, while laying in a grit paddock.

I haven't done anything with my truck AT ALL I am ashamed to say, and it's not for lack of things TO DO...good grief.

I have been busy however searching for and ordering parts! That's just as much fun as working on the truck, right?...lol.

It appears that I have secured all of the cab parts for a factory AC swap. The guy is supposed to start dismantling the truck next weekend. I'm a little worried about the parts getting damaged during disassembly, but oh well...not much I can do. I'll wait and see how that goes. Fingers crossed.

I have also found a set of the factory 15x8 Bronco Type-5 wheels semi-locally (I consider 60 miles away to be pretty close). Going to go see them in person tomorrow.

I also have freshly painted and powder coated front end parts to install. They are laying in the garage ready to go. New radius arms and bushings, factory swaybar and associated parts, etc.

I have to finish installing my stereo system with speakers and wiring, etc. Part of this is painting my interior door panels, kick panels, etc.

Lots to do.

I haven't done anything with my truck AT ALL I am ashamed to say, and it's not for lack of things TO DO...good grief.

I have been busy however searching for and ordering parts! That's just as much fun as working on the truck, right?...lol.

It appears that I have secured all of the cab parts for a factory AC swap. The guy is supposed to start dismantling the truck next weekend. I'm a little worried about the parts getting damaged during disassembly, but oh well...not much I can do. I'll wait and see how that goes. Fingers crossed.

I have also found a set of the factory 15x8 Bronco Type-5 wheels semi-locally (I consider 60 miles away to be pretty close). Going to go see them in person tomorrow.

I also have freshly painted and powder coated front end parts to install. They are laying in the garage ready to go. New radius arms and bushings, factory swaybar and associated parts, etc.

I have to finish installing my stereo system with speakers and wiring, etc. Part of this is painting my interior door panels, kick panels, etc.

Lots to do.

Not on but for the truck

Took a weekend trip with the wife to pickup a NP435 transmission to replace the T18 in my Flare Side.

I say weekend trip as it was 600 miles 1 way.

When I have time I have to clean it up and make sure it is good to install.

Dave ----

Not on but for the truck

Took a weekend trip with the wife to pickup a NP435 transmission to replace the T18 in my Flare Side.

I say weekend trip as it was 600 miles 1 way.

When I have time I have to clean it up and make sure it is good to install.

Dave ----

Cory - With all the parts clean and to-hand things should progress rather quickly when you get started.

Dave - Time with the wife, both of you getting to do what you want, is a blessing. I love trips like that.

Cory - With all the parts clean and to-hand things should progress rather quickly when you get started.

Dave - Time with the wife, both of you getting to do what you want, is a blessing. I love trips like that.

No work on the truck again which is killing me because I am sooooo close, but we have all been sick. All on the mend, but whatever we got was nasty and is taking a long time to go away. Hoping to get some work in this coming weekend. I did pick up an NOS turn signal switch though. Found one on ebay for $10+$5 shipping and I can't find new ones for less than double that. Figured it be a good part to have on hand.

No work on the truck again which is killing me because I am sooooo close, but we have all been sick. All on the mend, but whatever we got was nasty and is taking a long time to go away. Hoping to get some work in this coming weekend. I did pick up an NOS turn signal switch though. Found one on ebay for $10+$5 shipping and I can't find new ones for less than double that. Figured it be a good part to have on hand.

I was in your situation two weeks ago, sick for a week and a half, right before my vacation started. Luckily it went away by the beginning of last week so I can enjoy my vacation. Hope you and your family feel better!

I was in your situation two weeks ago, sick for a week and a half, right before my vacation started. Luckily it went away by the beginning of last week so I can enjoy my vacation. Hope you and your family feel better!

Found some pretty hard to find (in this area) stuff at the junkyard today. I left the printed circuit behind as it was trashed just like the rest of the cluster. Guy at the counter really didn't want to sell them since they were not in a cluster (because of the ODO) but he cut me a break and let me go for 1/4 of what just the tach alone would cost on Fleabay. :nabble_smiley_good:

82771881_2756300477816933_1875815915577147392_o.thumb.jpg.dae8fa4c4574cb625cc23a6c55c93f21.jpg

Found some pretty hard to find (in this area) stuff at the junkyard today. I left the printed circuit behind as it was trashed just like the rest of the cluster. Guy at the counter really didn't want to sell them since they were not in a cluster (because of the ODO) but he cut me a break and let me go for 1/4 of what just the tach alone would cost on Fleabay. :nabble_smiley_good:

Good find!

Part made 1987,

E= 1980, next # is year.letters designate what it was made for.

Yep, funny how a 1987 engineering number is on a part made for a bullnose truck that was built in April of 1986.

My first thought when I saw the H is that this cluster is from a Medium Duty truck. But the cluster had the shift indicator mounted in the normal spot, Medium Duty trucks have it on the steering column. But at the same time, my truck originally had an AOD, and yet the cluster indicator says PRND21. So I'm not sure what in the world happened in the truck's previous life. lol.