Bullnose Forums

WHYDTYTT: What Have You Done To Your Truck Today?

Currently in the middle of drilling holes for my RSK. Got about three left for the rear spring hanger brackets, and then I can move on to the front hanger and drill six more after measuring a few more times. I feel like I've measured this RSK at least a thousand times, I'm paranoid about the axle being off center or the truck leaning. :nabble_anim_crazy:

Didn't do much for the truck. Had an appointment in Owasso so went to Fastenal to get the 7/16-20 lock nuts for the spindles. But Fastenal closed in Owasso and neither Lowes nor Home Depot had them. So I ordered 50 from Amazon for $11, which is less than 10 would have been from anyone else. They'll be here Friday.

Then I went to Wholesale Computing Supply and bought a "new" computer that they put together from my spec's. Not a fast one as it has an i5-4430 processor and only 8 gig of memory. But something tells me that some of the 32 gig on the old computer may find a new home. Oh, and there's a 1 TB solid state drive and a graphics card that will drive up to 5 monitors. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But, there's no CD/DVD drive, so I may have to keep an OLD computer around. Or, there's room in there but the side cover looks like it'll hit. Maybe I just pull the side cover when I need the drive. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Gonna need to fashion some filters for the air intake, but I had them install an extra fan so there's plenty of air flow.

Here's a couple of views:

New_Computer_-_Front.thumb.jpg.3daff4cd6e3dce58a27e5712951e7835.jpgNew_Computer_-_Rear.thumb.jpg.59be76a2249aa531cfe574f2369eaf1a.jpg

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Didn't do much for the truck. Had an appointment in Owasso so went to Fastenal to get the 7/16-20 lock nuts for the spindles. But Fastenal closed in Owasso and neither Lowes nor Home Depot had them. So I ordered 50 from Amazon for $11, which is less than 10 would have been from anyone else. They'll be here Friday.

Then I went to Wholesale Computing Supply and bought a "new" computer that they put together from my spec's. Not a fast one as it has an i5-4430 processor and only 8 gig of memory. But something tells me that some of the 32 gig on the old computer may find a new home. Oh, and there's a 1 TB solid state drive and a graphics card that will drive up to 5 monitors. :nabble_smiley_wink:

But, there's no CD/DVD drive, so I may have to keep an OLD computer around. Or, there's room in there but the side cover looks like it'll hit. Maybe I just pull the side cover when I need the drive. :nabble_smiley_oh_no:

Gonna need to fashion some filters for the air intake, but I had them install an extra fan so there's plenty of air flow.

Gary, they sell external USB CD-ROM drives.

Gary, when you want computer advice (a) Chris Tubutis, (b) remember what my son does for a living and © My 88 year old father was still building his own computers.

The front panel doesn't swing open. It pops off and there are no bays behind it. The only bays are on the side where the plexiglass cover is.

But, I ordered a USB DVD drive for $20, and I bought a USB card reader while I was out today. So I'll have both of those things covered very easily.

As for computer advice, I wanted to make this easy. So I did no research to speak of. Basically I went into a place that builds computers and told the guy what I do with the computer and he configured it. I knew it didn't have a card reader but also knew they are cheap. Didn't know 'bout the DVD drive, but that's fixed as well.

The front panel doesn't swing open. It pops off and there are no bays behind it. The only bays are on the side where the plexiglass cover is.

But, I ordered a USB DVD drive for $20, and I bought a USB card reader while I was out today. So I'll have both of those things covered very easily.

As for computer advice, I wanted to make this easy. So I did no research to speak of. Basically I went into a place that builds computers and told the guy what I do with the computer and he configured it. I knew it didn't have a card reader but also knew they are cheap. Didn't know 'bout the DVD drive, but that's fixed as well.

What that looks like is a gamer's computer case., impressive looking, but not completely practical for what you need.

What that looks like is a gamer's computer case., impressive looking, but not completely practical for what you need.

Not as practical as it could be. But it is going to work. I now have most of the files copied over and several of the apps. Still need Photoshop and TurboCAD. But I'm getting there.

I don't know how your new computer is assembled, but I did mention conformal coating the motherboard.

Conductive dust from grinding, -or anything else- is death.

Try finding the problem *after* it happens....

Filters, or no, if I was building a shop computer it would be coated.

But I used to have access to a place that did batch refurbs of corporate computers coming off lease.

So at least I had someone (their floor manager) who would take it to bits and make it the most robust he could.

I don't know how your new computer is assembled, but I did mention conformal coating the motherboard.

Conductive dust from grinding, -or anything else- is death.

Try finding the problem *after* it happens....

Filters, or no, if I was building a shop computer it would be coated.

But I used to have access to a place that did batch refurbs of corporate computers coming off lease.

So at least I had someone (their floor manager) who would take it to bits and make it the most robust he could.

'Lil Red's pile'o'parts keeps growing!

IMG_20200116_071311.thumb.jpg.dd4eadd34e3d2f71c4e7739cf0f41b41.jpg

Terminal mass is rapidly approaching for the D44, and the rest of her front end.

I hope the weather is good next week